IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I think you underestimate him John, sussing him doesn't mean you're able to stop him. Messi goes into games where the opposition know what he's capable of, they just can't do anything to stop it.

He's in a slight slump at the moment but he'll be back better than ever imo.

couldn't agree more mike. i think ross is still learning and growing since he spent so much time injured and out of football. late bloomer.

I think you underestimate him John, sussing him doesn't mean you're able to stop him. Messi goes into games where the opposition know what he's capable of, they just can't do anything to stop it.

He's in a slight slump at the moment but he'll be back better than ever imo.

I hope he does it soon because I tipped him to have a big season this season :unsure:.

Pretty ridiculous the stick he gets. The lad can't win, he makes a simple pass some of the crowd groan, doesn't make a pass and the crowd groan.

He lacks a bit between the ears but his instinctive play is excellent. When he gets more maturity and experience he will be world class, thats if his confidence hasn't been shattered by the crowd. The knowledgable crowd know he needs support - hence the diamond song.

He will frustrate and amaze in equal measure. He has got so many different tools at his disposal it really is a joke... two excellent feet, can shoot, great balance, strength, pace on the ball, vision - when you have so many options it can be difficult to make the right choice.

Pretty ridiculous the stick he gets. The lad can't win, he makes a simple pass some of the crowd groan, doesn't make a pass and the crowd groan.

He lacks a bit between the ears but his instinctive play is excellent. When he gets more maturity and experience he will be world class, thats if his confidence hasn't been shattered by the crowd. The knowledgable crowd know he needs support - hence the diamond song.

He will frustrate and amaze in equal measure. He has got so many different tools at his disposal it really is a joke... two excellent feet, can shoot, great balance, strength, pace on the ball, vision - when you have so many options it can be difficult to make the right choice.

He annoys me but I never give him grief at the game or anything like that. MJB seems to think I have it out for Barkley but that couldn't be further from the truth, the opposite is true in fact. I had a discussion in the summer with Paddock where he basically said Barkley wasn't all that and I said he's got absolutely everything he needs to go on to be one of the best. I don't mind him making mistakes, I just don't want him to coast through games. He;s so much better than that. Take charge and piss on everyone else, make them look as inferior to him as they are. He's got a fight on his hands to be a starter for England this summer and he needs to show everything he has within him.

In short, I just want him to show a bit more arrogance and determination.

Very true. People forget that he is a kid learning and that he will have ups and downs. Natural part of a young player developing. If he's still doing this at 24/25, then I'd get pissed off.

He doesn't like a tackle, understandably. He was told he would never play football again. Its not like his game is to be a Lee Cattermole and be a talentless yard dog - as much as I don't like players not getting stuck in, it is understandable in his case.

Has anyone seen how many opposition players cover him? He has 1 marker and if he gets the ball another will commit to him - this frees up a player to pass to, so when people think he is hanging on the ball - for me he is waiting for the run. The fact that he can shoot means players have to close him. He will get better at this. I want to see him shoot first time more though.

He's poor in the air, no excuses - he's 6ft 2 and should be far better in this regard.

He just needs to get all the fans behind him - no groans, more encouragement - he will be a star.

This times a million.

If we don't get behind our players they will not play as well and eventually, they will leave.

He annoys me but I never give him grief at the game or anything like that. MJB seems to think I have it out for Barkley but that couldn't be further from the truth, the opposite is true in fact. I had a discussion in the summer with Paddock where he basically said Barkley wasn't all that and I said he's got absolutely everything he needs to go on to be one of the best. I don't mind him making mistakes, I just don't want him to coast through games. He;s so much better than that. Take charge and piss on everyone else, make them look as inferior to him as they are. He's got a fight on his hands to be a starter for England this summer and he needs to show everything he has within him.

In short, I just want him to show a bit more arrogance and determination.

Glad he's doing well. I now understand why you were so harsh sometime mark, tough love and all that. Didn't realize you actually liked Ross a lot and just wanted the best. But now I see that.

He's a great player and due to those injuries is a late bloomer kinda like ossie to a degree.

Was good to see him show some balls for once too.

The first pen took real balls.

He jas few minutes when he took some real stick from the crowd and then grabbed the ball and said..this is mine.

He should have got in the Newcastle players face after he scored it - but he showed class.... just got him sent off instead