IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I am hoping that we lead the way in this. NFL is growing year by year in the UK, so get on it now and add another first to our history!

You guys actually like the NFL? For me personally, I was a huge NFL (Buffalo) fan in high school/college, and then lost interest in all sports until I discovered this wacky sport a few years back. I'm such a football/soccer snob now its ridiculous. Can't watch NFL anymore - too many commercials and actual playing time - something like 16 minutes of actual play. But hey, if you dig it, you dig it. Next thing you know you'll be drinking Budweiser and smoking Marlboros while watching Trump talk about building a YUUUUGE wall :)

You guys actually like the NFL? For me personally, I was a huge NFL (Buffalo) fan in high school/college, and then lost interest in all sports until I discovered this wacky sport a few years back. I'm such a football/soccer snob now its ridiculous. Can't watch NFL anymore - too many commercials and actual playing time - something like 16 minutes of actual play. But hey, if you dig it, you dig it. Next thing you know you'll be drinking Budweiser and smoking Marlboros while watching Trump talk about building a YUUUUGE wall :)

Personally I think its something that is marketed brilliantly and the organisation and spectator quality is superb. The game itself is mainly a fantasy footy thing for me but its very well done indeed. I think everything happens too quickly and there is too much going on for the untrained eye. Its the slow mo replays that make you appreciate the skill and athleticism - real time and i'm lost.

Lol I feel the same way. Once I found a sport that was watchable all the way through without commercials, had a system of checks and balances (relegation/promotion), and is less corrupt I jumped at the chance.

Noble a good player, just has to stop being a little crier. Should have had a call up years ago, much better in the middle than Gerrard was.

Cresswell is a no brainer. Done great last season and has kept his form.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and all that but I think you would be very hard pushed to find anyone who would agree that Noble was better than Gerrard . Unless of course you are talking about Anthony Gerrard

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and all that but I think you would be very hard pushed to find anyone who would agree that Noble was better than Gerrard . Unless of course you are talking about Anthony Gerrard

His fitness was a joke, and he hasn't played in the middle all season. He should never have went to Brazil.

• 1 month later...

Too much pressure on Barkley i feel, we are seriously lacking a creative player to take some weight off his shoulders. He plays too much too but that's down to Martinez, we have players that could fill the number 10 position to give him a few games off such as Cleverley, Mirallas and Geri even.

For me Barkley is one of the most frustrating players we have ever had at the club!

Too much pressure on Barkley i feel, we are seriously lacking a creative player to take some weight off his shoulders. He plays too much too but that's down to Martinez, we have players that could fill the number 10 position to give him a few games off such as Cleverley, Mirallas and Geri even.

For me Barkley is one of the most frustrating players we have ever had at the club!

Martinez has known he's needed to bring in a creative central player and has failed to do it in every window so far. This despite mentioning that he intends to bring one in at the beginning of each window! I said it was a huge mistake not getting that signing and it looks that way. We shouldn't be having to rely on a player still learning his trade to be our creative mastermind, but that's what we're left with.

If one player owes it to Martinez to pull his tripe out its this lad. He was becoming an Andros Loan a month Townsend till Martinez showed him faith. Now it seems he cant be bothered.

You'd think after having to spend so much time out of the game that he'd be more eager than anyone when he does play. It's quite odd to be honest. I tipped him to have a huge season this season but after a bright start he's regressed into a shell of the player I know he can be.

Martinez has known he's needed to bring in a creative central player and has failed to do it in every window so far. This despite mentioning that he intends to bring one in at the beginning of each window! I said it was a huge mistake not getting that signing and it looks that way. We shouldn't be having to rely on a player still learning his trade to be our creative mastermind, but that's what we're left with.

You'd think after having to spend so much time out of the game that he'd be more eager than anyone when he does play. It's quite odd to be honest. I tipped him to have a huge season this season but after a bright start he's regressed into a shell of the player I know he can be.

That can be said about pretty much every player though.

I would sell him for exactly the same reason as Rom or Stones (if he continues to believe the hype) - we can not have as many "amazing one game and rubbish the next few" players.

There is a reason that Leicester are doing well - every player works for each other, they fight for every ball, they epitomise the Everton team of 84-85. We need 11 men all with the same ethic as Lennon. All the talent in the world means nothing if you cant be bothered to play for the shirt.

He may be better under a new manager and a midfield minder like Gerrard had with Mcallister - whatever, I'm pretty disgusted with him right now and for a player who gets stick off our fans - he actually deserves it right now.

Another player to suffer from his managers directions for me. Being told he doesn't need to tackle or defend takes a big part of the game away. Maybe if he took the odd knock in a tackle he would gain more aggression in his game. He has to do it when he plays for England, yet he doesn't have to here. It's so disappointing, he can actually tackle, he proved it on a couple of occasions yesterday. He needs to play without the free ride of just going in one direction.

Another player to suffer from his managers directions for me. Being told he doesn't need to tackle or defend takes a big part of the game away. Maybe if he took the odd knock in a tackle he would gain more aggression in his game. He has to do it when he plays for England, yet he doesn't have to here. It's so disappointing, he can actually tackle, he proved it on a couple of occasions yesterday. He needs to play without the free ride of just going in one direction.

Spot on. I've seen it said here that he doesn't like to tackle ever since he broke his leg but he needs to at least track back or hustle or something.

It's not even that he doesn't like to, Martinez made it clear a while back that Ross's responsibility is just in going forward. It was after Hodgeson gave Ross some grief in the press and Roberto basically said he doesn't know how to use him properly. Quite ironic IMO.

It's not even that he doesn't like to, Martinez made it clear a while back that Ross's responsibility is just in going forward. It was after Hodgeson gave Ross some grief in the press and Roberto basically said he doesn't know how to use him properly. Quite ironic IMO.

Funny isn't it - in Barkley and Lukaku we have 2 of the biggest 22 year olds you will see in their position and they don't use their size anywhere near the way they should.

Speaking to that fella last week - the players who were tough and strong - Bobby Collins, Morrisey, Giles, Stiles, they were small in comparison - goes to show the old adage not the size of the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog.

Funny isn't it - in Barkley and Lukaku we have 2 of the biggest 22 year olds you will see in their position and they don't use their size anywhere near the way they should.

Speaking to that fella last week - the players who were tough and strong - Bobby Collins, Morrisey, Giles, Stiles, they were small in comparison - goes to show the old adage not the size of the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog.

Doesn't help that the manager is a chihuahua.

• 3 weeks later...

Barkley completely embodied our performance yesterday.

In the first half he was diabolically bad. If I'm being nice I'd say he was lethargic, but I'm being honest he was a disinterested, waddling bag of shite.

Then in the second half it was like a different player came out, and I thought he was our biggest improved player. He dominated United and he scared the shit out of them, and they had no answer for him other than to continually foul him. Where has that Ross Barkley been for months?! I want that one, that's the one we can build a side around.

Barkley completely embodied our performance yesterday.

In the first half he was diabolically bad. If I'm being nice I'd say he was lethargic, but I'm being honest he was a disinterested, waddling bag of shite.

Then in the second half it was like a different player came out, and I thought he was our biggest improved player. He dominated United and he scared the shit out of them, and they had no answer for him other than to continually foul him. Where has that Ross Barkley been for months?! I want that one, that's the one we can build a side around.

Thought exactly the same.

He's getting a lot of stick but I think he did for us in the second half what Rooney did for them in the first. Controlled everything.

Martinez needs to sit them down and make them watch that second half and just ask, why can't wee see this regularly?

First half of the season we saw it and we're unlucky mostly.

Second half we have been in relegation form.

He's the only player I'm scared of selling. Sell Rom, sell stones. If they become better it won't be a massive tragedy as what barkley "could" become. He could be one of the best in the world. I don't think he will but if he improves 10 percent and gets his head right he will be a legend.

Ps... get off the weights. Fine strapping lad that you are.. you don't need Hollywood muscle.