IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Hi guys! I'm a toffees fan from France... Last saturday i saw Rom took the penalty vs Potters, will be the same until end of the season or Ross will continue to be 'official' penalty taker? Thanks for answers

Rom's the "official" pen taker now; Ross only took those v Newcastle because Rom wasn't on the pitch, and neither was Baines who would probably have taken them if he had been. I think Ross was number three choice, though he possibly may now be number two.

Rom's the "official" pen taker now; Ross only took those v Newcastle because Rom wasn't on the pitch, and neither was Baines who would probably have taken them if he had been. I think Ross was number three choice, though he possibly may now be number two.

I'm sure Rom has taken over as our number one penalty taker from Baines, Mike.

still think baines is the best penno taker but understand Rom taking them.

I agree. Was very strange that he stopped after Kev nicked the West Brom one; doesn't come across as the type of player who'd spit the dummy and refuse to take them because of an incident like that. However there's no doubt he'd still be number one if he'd taken it (and kept on scoring) because his record was so good.

It's really odd.

Last one he took he missed

Still in the top five in the Premier League era (of those who've taken more than ten). Even LeTiss missed once.

1. Matt Le Tissier
Scored 25 out of 26 pens - 96.2% success rate.
2. Danny Murphy
Scored 18 out of 19 pens - 94.7% success rate.
3. James Beattie
Scored 16 out of 17 pens - 94.1% success rate.
4. Julian Dicks
Scored 15 out of 16 pens - 93.8% success rate.
5. Leighton Baines
Scored 14 out of 15 pens - 93.3% success rate.

I'm hoping that the American connection goes the way of Spurs and the NFL ties :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500560/article/nfl-tottenham-hotspur-ink-10year-stadium-partnership

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9906697/tottenham-announce-partnership-with-nfl-to-host-two-games-a-year

If we could get the first NFL franchise up north using our stadium, the income for the club and surrounding areas could be massive! I imagine it would also help pay towards the build of a new stadium too.

Shared stadium with NFL team would utterly destroy the playing surface from August through January.

Shared stadium with NFL team would utterly destroy the playing surface from August through January.

Not sure what Matt means but the Spurs thing is just for two games a season, so the pitch wouldn't suffer too much. Wembley has three games and the pitch recovers.

A full time UK NFL franchise is a few years off anyway, and then that'll be in London. I'd be surprised if there were one in the north of the country in the next twenty years.

In the league? He missed the one against United but subsequently scored v Sunderland the following month. So in fact he's equal 4th in the list rather than fifth (unless he's since missed one that I've forgotten about).

He missed one in the cup exit to West Ham last season too, so he'd missed 2 of his last 3. Throw in the whole Mirallas debacle and I'm not too surprised he stopped taking them.

The pitch at Spurs is retractable, revealing the artifical pitch underneath

Not sure what Matt means but the Spurs thing is just for two games a season, so the pitch wouldn't suffer too much. Wembley has three games and the pitch recovers.

A full time UK NFL franchise is a few years off anyway, and then that'll be in London. I'd be surprised if there were one in the north of the country in the next twenty years.

I am hoping that we lead the way in this. NFL is growing year by year in the UK, so get on it now and add another first to our history!