IGNORED

Ross Barkley

So frustrating to feel this way.....take Ross off, he needs replacing with a non pedestrian player.

Just so ineffective.

10 minutes of looking good....the rest...out of his league.

Hate international matches sometimes.

I don't think he personally was out of his league, I just think he was part of a team that were out of their league. He plays with a better starting (and better coached) XI at Everton every week..

I don't think he personally was out of his league, I just think he was part of a team that were out of their league. He plays with a better starting (and better coached) XI at Everton every week..

True, it was a poor team. Just frustrated that he didn't stand out amongst them.

The likes of Kane, Sterling, lallana and Delpth didn't do themselves any harm while Ross just didn't look like he should be on the pitch.

He's just capable of so much more...if only he had that desire.

I know what it is that frustrates me...he is like a shadow when the opposition have the ball.

Sometimes just chasing down a player can earn your team an unlikely goal. Ross is just so easy to play against when he doesn't have the ball.

Agreed. Luxury player. Lacks real determination to win at all costs ALA Rooney and Gerrard. Edited by MC11

I know what it is that frustrates me...he is like a shadow when the opposition have the ball.

Sometimes just chasing down a player can earn your team an unlikely goal. Ross is just so easy to play against when he doesn't have the ball.

I think we'd all agree that we don't want, or expect, him to bust a gut every single time the opposition have the ball. That would be counter-productive for when we do have the ball because his energy levels would be sapped. But, I expect him to at least sometimes put the graft in. However, he puts in token effort to make it look like he's trying. He's in a prime position, being further up the field, to put pressure on the opposition - that's exactly where we want to win the ball back! - so it pisses me right off.

Maybe it's how he's coached at Everton because we don't work hard enough off the ball in my opinion.

True, it was a poor team. Just frustrated that he didn't stand out amongst them.

The likes of Kane, Sterling, lallana and Delpth didn't do themselves any harm while Ross just didn't look like he should be on the pitch.

Delph hit many bad passes...was terrible I thought. Did lallana even play?

I really don't understand how you can praise the performances of Lallana and Delph yet slag Ross off. He was comfortably better than either of those two and just as good as Sterling or Kane

I really don't understand how you can praise the performances of Lallana and Delph yet slag Ross off. He was comfortably better than either of those two and just as good as Sterling or Kane

Not slagging him off and not praising the others either.

Just frustrated with him that's all. I think he's much much better than last night.

I also think that although the others weren't anything special...they did seem more effective to me.

Sterling also put a few dangerous balls in and almost had a few assists.

Kane, surprised me. Held the ball up really well, had a few decent efforts and was the only one who put any pressure on there defence.

I know Ross is so much better than that. He should never be a.. Going through the motions...type player, which last night he did.

Delph was shocking Shukes, did he pass to his own player?, Sterling gave the ball away that led to the Spain goal yet the spotlight is on Ross. It's getting beyond a joke.

May as well resign to the fact this lad is gonna be damaged goods the way the press and critics focus on him.

Phil McNulty....

"Would Hodgson "risk" Everton's gloriously gifted Ross Barkley if England were starting a Euro 2016 game tomorrow against a tournament favourite? A personal view is that he would not.

And yet Barkley was one of the England players who looked like he might flourish in the Spain side, his passing crisp and one turn and run in the first half drawing applause from the home fans."

Delph was shocking Shukes, did he pass to his own player?, Sterling gave the ball away that led to the Spain goal yet the spotlight is on Ross. It's getting beyond a joke.

May as well resign to the fact this lad is gonna be damaged goods the way the press and critics focus on him.

To be fair, most of the press agreed that he was one of the better ones.

But I don't buy into the whole, let him do what he wants! He should work for the team and at least make an effort when an opposing player runs the ball over his laces.

If we don't work on that aspect then I'm pretty sure he will end up another could have been.

If we could work a little grit into his game then in my opinion...and it's just an opinion, it would make him double the player he is already.

And if that's writing him off...then OK then.

To be fair, most of the press agreed that he was one of the better ones.

But I don't buy into the whole, let him do what he wants! He should work for the team and at least make an effort when an opposing player runs the ball over his laces.

If we don't work on that aspect then I'm pretty sure he will end up another could have been.

If we could work a little grit into his game then in my opinion...and it's just an opinion, it would make him double the player he is already.

And if that's writing him off...then OK then.

I appreciate that you want him to work harder when he is not in possession of the ball, I think we would all like to see that, however that is not his game and he was the best player in an England shirt last night

Looked a lot better with people on his wavelength (Alli, Dier). This new generation are on a different technical and mental level than the likes of Carrick and Henderson (both old school players).

Some of his passing was class. Couple of times he got caught in position but that was down to lack of options and good defensive work.

Sterling is so inconsistent, it's frightening.

I am not a Sterling fan but I thought he did better last night. Tackled back well, even in his own penalty area, never seen that from him before. Still gives the ball away too often though. Ross also had a better game though I was disappointed that he didn't get into positions to have a shot at goal. He should be doing this regularly when playing in the advanced role.

Barkley has to improve on his corners and set piece deliveries - not up to standard so far.No surprise that we have not scored off a corner yet this season.He should also add more value to moves in the midfield - give more creative passes and playing less with his back to the goal and giving less back and flat passes.He is the best we have but lots of room for improvement before we can compare him with the best in the world.