IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I agree with Warnock, Barkley can't defend. Neither can Messi, who nowadays especially spends his time strolling around watching his team mates work as soon as the ball goes behind him. Messi would get slaughtered for it if he was English.

You build teams out of the collective talents of individuals. I'm more than happy to see Ross founder on tracking his man as long as he keeps dribbling, passing, creating and scoring goals - thats what he's good at. And if that isn't good enough for England, fuck them. This is the country, after all, that preferred to play David Batty and Paul Ince in midfield to Matt Le Tissier and Paul Merson. You reap what you sew.

Great comments...

In other words "do you lot only watch him for England?"

"He is the most talented player you have.... Just use him."

I think Martinez must be getting pissed off with them.

Not bloody surprised.

He's tried for the last 2 years to build the kids confidence and train him the way his skills crave, and then he goes to England, gets publicly humiliated in his earlier games, is told to defend more and works under what can only be described as a giant isopod of a manager.

I wonder, will this thread have a few more pages added to it after his performance today like it does when a certain someone puts in similar gutless showings?

:lol: who am I kidding, I already know he'll escape criticism.

please provide the critizism. the match i watched he and lukaku were the only ones trying to do anything. he was even defending some today which he usually doesn't do. when the back line and 2 holding mids are absolute garbage i'm not sure how you can slate a guy who linked up well and had a couple decent free kick attempts.

please provide the critizism. the match i watched he and lukaku were the only ones trying to do anything. he was even defending some today which he usually doesn't do. when the back line and 2 holding mids are absolute garbage i'm not sure how you can slate a guy who linked up well and had a couple decent free kick attempts.

Barkley was easily one of the worst players on the pitch. Strolled around doing absolutely nothing. He didn't try. He was gutless. Linked up well? He was atrocious today! His free-kicks weren't great, his corners were shite (as they so often are).

It just wasn't a great day for him whatsoever. His (and the teams) worst performance of the season so far.

Barkley was easily one of the worst players on the pitch. Strolled around doing absolutely nothing. He didn't try. He was gutless. Linked up well? He was atrocious today! His free-kicks weren't great, his corners were shite (as they so often are).

It just wasn't a great day for him whatsoever. His (and the teams) worst performance of the season so far.

he had the give and go in the box where lennon fluffed it, had a corner that was going in top shelf corner if de gea hadn't saved it, and was instrumental in a couple of rom's shots. not like every touch he gave away the ball (naisy), or every shot was sky high in the rafters (coleman, lennon). he wasn't perfect but agree to disagree sure looked like he was involved in a match where mccarthy, barry, backline were invisible.

he had the give and go in the box where lennon fluffed it, had a corner that was going in top shelf corner if de gea hadn't saved it, and was instrumental in a couple of rom's shots. not like every touch he gave away the ball (naisy), or every shot was sky high in the rafters (coleman, lennon). he wasn't perfect but agree to disagree sure looked like he was involved in a match where mccarthy, barry, backline were invisible.

The hardest the lad worked all game was when he ran out to Z Cars.

I wonder, will this thread have a few more pages added to it after his performance today like it does when a certain someone puts in similar gutless showings?

:lol: who am I kidding, I already know he'll escape criticism.

clearly based on the fact that I wasnt in the match day thread for Man United I wasn't able to watch the game. If someone is lazy then they deserve criticism - simple as that. If someone has a tendancy to be lazy then its an issue.

As it happens I thought his performance against Arsenal was solid enough. He has become more matured. Can still hang on to the ball too long in the wrong circumstances.

Good work Ross.

As soon as I seen her I though "bet she looks nice with make up and hair down" - see the middle picture - she looks like Julia Roberts but yeah the press use the unfortunate photo to compare her to coleen.

I think he must like the caring types (BTW it looks like an NHS fleece) - he asked the student nurse being mentored by my wife for her phone number a few years back when they did the Christmas visit to Alder Hey. My wife did say the student was a stunner to be fair! She made him find the number rather than give him the numer - he tracked her through facebook.

good for Ross. Since he only grew up with a mom I'm guessing he's going for a girl just like his mother, nurturing and caring and independent. Hence the working woman. Hope it goes well bud, the wild ones are fun for a night until you wake up the next morning and your pee burns lol

I'm sure he's become well aquainted to the sort you find drinking champagne on their credit cards....

Barkley to girl:- "Hi, can I buy you a drink?"

Girl who lives with parents and works part time on make up counter in John Lewis looks him up and down with a look that says he isn't in her league,

Girl to Ross "Ehhhh no thanks!"

Girls best mate "what are you doing? Thats's Ross Barkley! - he's minted girl! Plays for Everton"

Girl "Actually yeah, he is quite nice isn't he, i'll go over to his booth"

Rinse and repeat and after a year or so of this Ross wants to meet the nice girl who is interested in him.

Ross seems to be getting a lot of stock today...not sure why

Although there could be five highlights of bad passes today, I though he had so much of the ball and seemed to have a touch in everything we did.

If a player has 100 touches in a game and 5 of those are bad...why do we focus on the five bad ones and not the ninety five good ones?

He was very very good today. If it needs explaining why then people should not bother watching footy

His ability to get away from a player with a drop of the shoulder and his stride is unbelievable. Even when he doesn't play 'brilliant' his low level game is so good. Yes he shits out of tackles etc etc but he is a gem on the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

His slumps seem to coincide with going away with England.

because Hodgasaurus gets his jealous little teeth into him - I mean whats there to be jealous of??? - a 5ft 8 tubster who played non league football as a P.E teacher who has very little idea of how to win games playing expansive exciting football.

I mean its not like is Barkley is 6ft 2 - built like a tank and has more talent and tools in his locker than Hodgson could ever fathom.

Of course that is the very reason - if the English media and public had no means of seeing Ross's talent at Everton he would not even be in the England set up. Hodgson does not want him stealing the limelight, he just does not like that. He just does not like talented footballers - because he just wasn't. The exact reason why Mascherano got his vote as bes6t player in the world ahead of two of the best players who we will see in our lifetime.

I've had a bad feeling about this fella for a long time, even before he berated Barkley from the touchline against Scotland and chose to pick on him in the world cup warm up games,

Dunno if anyone has been watching "football mavericks" - on ITV at the moment. A really good watch that highlights how so many talented players were wasted by England (and themselves). Hodgson fits the role of the stuffy England blazer, and Barkley is at risk of joining the likes of Le Tissier, Hoddle, Alan Hudson, and many more as the underused,abused match winner.

Edited by Hafnia