IGNORED

Ross Barkley

• 4 weeks later...

Are you messing? That's EXACTLY what away days are all

About and EXACTLY why if I had the time I'd do all 19 a season.

:lol: can't believe you just said that Matt, please say you're messing? Please :(

Not at all! I've always hated them, and if I had my kids there breathing in the blue smoke because it was in a contained area, I'd be fucking livid.

I'm not the only one either:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10490064/Campaign-starts-to-warn-of-dangers-of-fans-using-flares-and-smoke-bombs-in-grounds.html

No issues with the singing and beers etc.

Not at all! I've always hated them, and if I had my kids there breathing in the blue smoke because it was in a contained area, I'd be fucking livid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10490064/Campaign-starts-to-warn-of-dangers-of-fans-using-flares-and-smoke-bombs-in-grounds.html

Jesus Matt, what a kill joy. Bet you'd be there shouting "calm down boys, lets be sensible here" while getting the scrabble board out :P

I personally think there is something wrong when a flare or smoke bomb is needed to create an atmosphere - and yes if kids are there its deffo not right. I don't like the idea that someone has got off the bugle bus stellared up and is using something potentially lethal around packed stands.

Stick to banners and songs - sorry to be boring but thats the way it is.

This whole "away fans" vs "home fans" thing makes me laugh. I have been to around 15 away games and yes they are more jovial and full on but that is the nature of the "were outnumbered let be noisy and supportive". I have seen the same people at an away game that were at homes games and they behave totally different.

On the away day its like a big "I'm representing Everton as a minority fan - lets outsing the home side" - then when its the home game they are just the same as the rest of the home fans.

Funny isn't it - Barkley has had some of his better games away from home.

Gotta say Barkley is proving me massively wrong this season and long may it continue. He's looked excellent so far this season. His decision making has improved MASSIVELY he is looking up, he is passing and he is a joy to watch.

I'm always first to jump on the lads back but credit where it's due he's been outstanding up to now. Please keep it up Ross and make me look stupid, loving you proving me wrong and genuinely delighted for you.

He looked fucking brilliant coming from deep. I know it was only Barnsley but he really took charge and dominated for us.

He did it vs Southampton too. Said it before, the break has done him the world of good. Probably Stones having the limelight is helping too.

Keep an eye on when Ross and Gerry are playing together, off the field they must get along well because Ross instantly looks for Gerry when he's on the ball. Couldn't be happier with his form and IF these young ops keep developing we are going to have some incredible young players.

Keep an eye on when Ross and Gerry are playing together, off the field they must get along well because Ross instantly looks for Gerry when he's on the ball. Couldn't be happier with his form and IF these young ops keep developing we are going to have some incredible young players.

Like clockwork. Noticed this yesterday. Two really talented young players

• 2 weeks later...

Barkley not all that noticeable first half, though the opposition is so discombobulated and the pitch so mediocre that it's hard to take much from the match, other than the win. Barkley's header was perfect.

I'd say Vardy's pace was impressive, Shelvey's surprising command and excellent long passing, Milner very active, Stones strong. Too bad Rooney's record-tying goal was a PK from a controversial penalty.

Barkley not all that noticeable first half, though the opposition is so discombobulated and the pitch so mediocre that it's hard to take much from the match, other than the win. Barkley's header was perfect.

I'd say Vardy's pace was impressive, Shelvey's surprising command and excellent long passing, Milner very active, Stones strong. Too bad Rooney's record-tying goal was a PK from a controversial penalty.

I don't think Vardy or Shelvey are international players against anyone half decent to be honest. Milner has always been average at best for England when it matters. Kane one season wonder (despite a decent goal) and Delph (who was crap) will go the way of Rodwell.

Not Ross's best performance but a good goal and a brilliant assist on a shite pitch, he'll be an England player for a long time, as will Stones.

I don't think Vardy or Shelvey are international players against anyone half decent to be honest. Milner has always been average at best for England when it matters. Kane one season wonder (despite a decent goal) and Delph (who was crap) will go the way of Rodwell.

Not Ross's best performance but a good goal and a brilliant assist on a shite pitch, he'll be an England player for a long time, as will Stones.

Don't think Kane is a one season wonder myself, great all round attributes. All strikers go through periods where they don't score goals. His all round game, ability to link up play and attitude will see him ok.

Shelvey, Milner,,,, meh. Shelvey decent player but not a replacement for Gerrard.

To be honest, it's an embarrassment that Vardy is even in the squad and shows just how little English striking talent there is these days.

Barkley should also have had another assist late on if not for Kane being a clumsy fool - that lifted pass over the defence was perfect.

To be honest, it's an embarrassment that Vardy is even in the squad and shows just how little English striking talent there is these days.

Barkley should also have had another assist late on if not for Kane being a clumsy fool - that lifted pass over the defence was perfect.

Wonder what the hodgasaurus had to say about Barkley... Begrudging praise is my guess.