IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Probably his best performance of the season came against United (Roberto even said that)... on the bench the next game against Villa :unsure:.

Too much fucking around has cost the kid confidence (and probably a small part of his career).

Love to know what Martinez has 'promised' to all these players as well, the backlash s interesting to say the least. First Distin. Then Mirallas. Now Rom might be slagging him off (regarding playing his as a winger).

Probably his best performance of the season came against United (Roberto even said that)... on the bench the next game against Villa :unsure:.

That was baffling, any team that beats ManU 3-0 should be unchanged for the next match surely (barring injury obviously)? There were two changes if I remember correctly, Roberto would probably call it "using the squad" which is understandable at times but not at times like that.

That was baffling, any team that beats ManU 3-0 should be unchanged for the next match surely (barring injury obviously)? There were two changes if I remember correctly, Roberto would probably call it "using the squad" which is understandable at times but not at times like that.

Sometimes I think he wants to prove his own "cleverness" by changing the team - i.e. I spotted something about the opposition so I tinkered with things.

Moyes was too far the other way in that he'd run players into the ground by playing the same 11 week after week, but Roberto takes the piss with needless changes. The amount of times we've had an unchanged side under him must be minuscule.

Too much fucking around has cost the kid confidence (and probably a small part of his career).

Love to know what Martinez has 'promised' to all these players as well, the backlash s interesting to say the least. First Distin. Then Mirallas. Now Rom might be slagging him off (regarding playing his as a winger).

But that was a "masterstroke" last season v Arsenal, he jumped on Roberto celebrating his goal :huh:.

But that was a "masterstroke" last season v Arsenal, he jumped on Roberto celebrating his goal :huh:.

It worked for one game. As a striker, Rom wants to be THE striker. Scoring goals. Don't blame him.

It's fine for the odd game but not more often than not.

It worked for one game. As a striker, Rom wants to be THE striker. Scoring goals. Don't blame him.

It's fine for the odd game but not more often than not.

I must be missing something, when has he played as a winger this season? He's found himself on the wing going for the ball innumerable times obviously, but I can't remember him being selected as an out-an-out winger even once :huh:.

I must be missing something, when has he played as a winger this season? He's found himself on the wing going for the ball innumerable times obviously, but I can't remember him being selected as an out-an-out winger even once :huh:.

Most certainly at Anfield. And he was shocking.

Most certainly at Anfield. And he was shocking.

Just had a read of the match-day thread out of interest. There are a couple of posts about him playing wide for sure but this I found a bit surprising after the above.

Your half-time comment...

Lukaku has been the best player.... Your favourite McCarthy has been shite Haf. What exactly does he offer?

And then about ten minutes from the end...

Everyone slagging Lukaku off.... Bellends

Regardless of position, the learning curve is not regular and steady. I feel Barkley was overhyped last year based on "what he might do and can do", however he did not do it very often. Now we feel he has underperformed because he's not been up to the expected level we all thought he is able to.

I would say that what defines a great player is not the ability to do great things, but to do them consistently.

Barkley has all the raw tools -technical and physical-, but for me he has not proven yet that he's able to make Everton better consistently. That can come with time, training and better decision making, his biggest flaw at the moment.

While I believe it's not the best to play the lad in different positions, at this stage of his development I think it is more important that he gets play time anywhere instead of only playing as AMC. Can't help but feel that he needs to understand the game better, his overall awareness, and that other players similar to him (Gerrard) took also some time to figure out their game.

Hopefully next season we can see him grow and become more dominant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a really disgusting time, if you ask me.

I went to Ibiza in about 1968, it was a bit different back then :unsure:.

Vivid memory of the surprise of being allowed to go into bars with my parents, kids were never allowed in pubs back then so it was always the garden/car park with a bottle of coke and a bag of cheese & onion. In Spain we could actually go the bar and order our own, thought it was brilliant!

Didn't do much clubbing.

I went to Ibiza in about 1968, it was a bit different back then :unsure:.

Vivid memory of the surprise of being allowed to go into bars with my parents, kids were never allowed in pubs back then so it was always the garden/car park with a bottle of coke and a bag of cheese & onion. In Spain we could actually go the bar and order our own, thought it was brilliant!

Didn't do much clubbing.

I made the mistake of going about 14 years ago and hated EVERY minute of it.

The gang I went with went clubbing with whistles and illuminous rings and such shite.

I found a sports bar witich sold steins of Fosters (he used to keep the glasses in an ice cream freezer and a high end brothel with the most beatiful south American women in you could imagine.

That was the only highlights of the holday.