IGNORED

Spurs (on Wednesday, game postponed from beginning of season)

rubecula

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HARRY ON TOFFEES

Harry Redknapp expects tomorrow night's clash against Everton to follow a similar pattern to recent home matches in the Premier League.

Sunderland and West Brom provided stubborn opposition at the Lane and both games were decided by a single goal.

Roman Pavlyuchenko broke the deadlock against Sunderland on December 18 and Jermain Defoe did the trick last time out against West Brom, both 1-0 wins.

Always one of the toughest nuts to crack, Everton travel down from Merseyside having conceded 22 goals in 19 matches in the Premier League.

They were on a run of four unbeaten before Bolton produced a somewhat surprise 2-1 win at Goodison on January 4.

"You'll never get an easy game against Everton," said Harry. "David Moyes does a great job there year in, year out.

"It's a difficult game, they always put a shift in and they also have dangerous players.

"I'm sure it will be a tight game, just like it was against Sunderland and West Brom. We took a long time to break them down and I wouldn't expect this to be any different. It's another tough game for us."

This is our game in hand in the Premier League and it has stirred memories of why the match was initially postponed back in August following the riots in the area.

Harry added: “I've always been impressed with the contribution the Club has and continues to make to the local area through the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. Their work has become even more important since the riots in August. We were all left shocked by the events that took place in Tottenham and the impact it had on the local community. The Club, through the Foundation, have been committed to supporting the area both financially and in lending a hand on a practical level and hopefully time has been a great healer.

“Our rescheduled fixture with Everton takes place tomorrow and it is important to remember the vital work the Club continues to carry out. Hopefully we never have to witness scenes of this nature again in Tottenham or any other part of the country.

“Football and sport as a whole provides inspiration for young people and this is the vehicle the Foundation uses to get across to young people and help them realise their potential. The players play an active part in this by going out on a weekly basis to support local projects and this is something we should look to continue and increase in 2012."

With grateful thanks to those nice people at Spurs101 here are the replies I recieved so far. (Paul1300 has already posted his replies further up as he comes in here anyway.)

1. Very good. Definitely the best Spurs team that has been around since I have been alive (1988). Man Citeh will undoubtedly win the league with their squad strength, but if Spurs were to finish 3rd then that would be a massive achievement nevertheless.

2. Fairly typical season for Everton really. Slow start to the year, but I expect them to pick up points in the second half of the season and finish between 8-10.

3. Bale, Modric, VdV and Adebayor are the guys who will do most damage going forward. Defoe is also looking lively at the moment.

4. More worried about Everton's ability to defend and grind out results, as opposed to any attacking flair. However, Donovan is a decent player, and Baines is very dangerous from set-pieces.

5. I'd swap Bassong, Pav and Gomes for Baines, Jagielka and Rodwell!

6. 0-0 (sadly).

7. e13388.gif

Thanks to JohnnyHotspur

With thanks to a very nice lady called Dee.

1) What do you think of Spurs season so far?

So far so good, but still expecting it to go tits up. When everyone is fit, think we have a good, balanced side and if we had a top notch striker, I would be a lot more confident of keeping the momentum going.

2) What do you think of Everton's season so far?

A little inconsistent, but I think David Moyes does a fantastic job under serious constraints, expect Everton to finish 8th/9th.

3) Which if any of the Spurs players should we be worried about?

Think we have potential match winners all over the pitch, obvious choices are Bale and VDV, I would include Walker and Lennon (if he's playing), and even Friedel has played his part.

4) Which if any of Evertons players have you worried.

Tim Howard is a good goalie and I expect him to have the game of his life tomorrow night

5) You have to swap three of your players for three of ours. Which ones?

Don't want to answer this one!

6) What are your predictions for the final score?

As a win will put us level with Man Ure, I just know this is going to be a draw - either 1-1 or 2-2.

7) Have you hugged a Toffee today, and if not why not?

There used to be a gorgeous guy at work who was a Toffee, but unfortunately he has moved on, otherwise I would have loved to have given him a hug! This is the best I can do for you Rubes - e13388.gif

By the way, I'm going to the game.

As the match edges closer tonight am I the only one that's actually starting to feel more and more hopeful of a classic Everton upset?

Last year, I remember getting fed up of Sky Sports going on all day, I think it was "If Man City beat Everton tonight they'll be top of the league at New Year for the first time since 19XX" They might as well have been saying "When" not "If". They were licking their lips just waiting for the headlines but we beat the fookers 2-1.

They've just run a feature with a SS member hanging around a café full of Spurs fans asking them "What do you think the score will be tonight?", the answers ranging from 2-1 to 4-0.... But the tone in which they run it they may as well have been asking them "How much do you think you'll beat Everton by tonight?"

Got me really fired up for us to shock everyone, even ourselves, and shove it right up all their arses. COYB!

As the match edges closer tonight am I the only one that's actually starting to feel more and more hopeful of a classic Everton upset?

It'd be typical Everton....it wouldn't surprise me.

I still think we're going to win every game we play, always have, even in the darkest of days.

Spurs team...

Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor.

Cudicini, Bassong, Rose, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Their pace will kill us!!!

Edited by c1982

Well, I'm sorry lads and lasses, but I think Spurs will be too much for you tonight. We're formidable at home and we got loads of players in fine form. However, you lot usually turn up, so I think it'll be a good game! May the better team win! Oh and by the way, its Rubes' fault I'm in here posting!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

I think we will find Cahill and Bily in midfield ahead of Fellaini, and if we do have actual 5 playing in midfield we might just be able to stifle them and try and catch them on the counter.

I think we will find out whether the likes of Bily and Cahill can still mix it with the big boys in the centre of midfield.

I think we have a chance, we need to be all over them though!

Spurs team...

Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor.

Cudicini, Bassong, Rose, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

No Parker, which pleases me.

Jeez, the bench is enough to scare me to death. 3-0 to Spurs.

Well, I'm sorry lads and lasses, but I think Spurs will be too much for you tonight. We're formidable at home and we got loads of players in fine form. However, you lot usually turn up, so I think it'll be a good game! May the better team win! Oh and by the way, its Rubes' fault I'm in here posting!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

Hi matey.

Good luck for the season and the challenge, but tonight our season begins .... ahem.

Last year, I remember getting fed up of Sky Sports going on all day, I think it was "If Man City beat Everton tonight they'll be top of the league at New Year for the first time since 19XX" They might as well have been saying "When" not "If". They were licking their lips just waiting for the headlines but we beat the fookers 2-1.

They've just run a feature with a SS member hanging around a café full of Spurs fans asking them "What do you think the score will be tonight?", the answers ranging from 2-1 to 4-0.... But the tone in which they run it they may as well have been asking them "How much do you think you'll beat Everton by tonight?"

Got me really fired up for us to shock everyone, even ourselves, and shove it right up all their arses. COYB!

Was it Suarez?

I didn't answer Rubes' questions, so here we go...

1) What do you think of Spurs season so far?

a) I'm still in a state of shock

2) What do you think of Everton's season so far?

a) Thought you'd be doing better

3) Which if any of the Spurs players should we be worried about?

a) Bale, Lennon and Walker.

4) Which iif any of Evertons players have you worried.

a) Baines and Cahill

5) You have to swap three of your players for three of ours. Which ones?

a) Bassong, Gomes and Jenas. I'd swap them for the tea-lady, the bloke that cleans the toilet and a bag of turnips.

6) What are your predictions for the final score?

a) 3-0 to the Spurs

7) Have you hugged a Toffee today, and if not why not?

a) No. I don't know any in real life. I did call a bin-dipper a git today though.

Kebabyuchenko xxx