IGNORED

Salomon Kalou

I'd cry with happieness over this.

If Kalou signs for us this transfer window I'll be so happy that I will personally run down to the Goodison Park Megastore, buy everyone on ToffeeTalk a new Everton shirt with his name and number on the back and deliever it in person to all of their houses. This is the type of signing that we've been crying out for - get him snapped up Moyes!

On second thoughts...

There are some reports saying that he is willing to sit on the Chelsea bench until the end of the season and walk out on a free. I think that personally we could tempt him to come to us we would just need to meet his wage demands (which are rumoured to be in the region of £70,000 p/w) which could surely be achieved through offloading big money players such as Arteta and Pienaar. I'd love to see him at Everton and I'm sure he's got goals in him, he would surely be a great replacement for ol' Louis Saha.

Personally dont think he is that good. He does get into positions to score goals but he tends to need several chances to score one goal which he simply wont get here. His movement is good but he misses something between the ears (not uncommon for footballers) and his wages would cripple us. No thankyou.

I don't think he's all that, but certainly better than what we have right now. Wages would be a problem, but isn't he on a free a the end of the season or something? If he is available, I'm sure he'd end up at a another team - there'd be loads of takers, especially arsenal, spurs or abroad. Sadly can't see him ending up here.

Not sure about that, a lot of the countries you would expect to be there never made it, i know Nigeria didnt and im not to sure about Ghana either what nationality is Kalou?

He's from the Ivory Coast (Drogba, Gervinho and Tiote have all gone, but with him out of action for a while, will he have been picked?)

Personally dont rate him at all. Like someone else has said, he needs 6-7 chances to score a goal, and seems to fall over whenever he runs with it.

Would be a good addition to the team but wouldn't pay 10m for him. We could spend 10m better.

Think his contract's up in the summer.

His contract is up in the summer because there is a strong rumour that he is going to sit on the Chelsea bench until the end of the season racking up his big-bucks wages and then leave for free. This is the reason that Chelsea are desperate to get rid of him now because they know that he's going and want to cash in. For me it's a go'er but I do think that wages could be an issue for us.

His contract is up in the summer because there is a strong rumour that he is going to sit on the Chelsea bench until the end of the season racking up his big-bucks wages and then leave for free. This is the reason that Chelsea are desperate to get rid of him now because they know that he's going and want to cash in. For me it's a go'er but I do think that wages could be an issue for us.

Tbh that attitude alone is a good enough reason to not sign him. Any player that is happier to sit on the bench at a club that dont want him instead of going to try and get regular football doesnt deserve to get anywhere near this club. Epitomy of the greedy modern day footballer.

Tbh that attitude alone is a good enough reason to not sign him. Any player that is happier to sit on the bench at a club that dont want him instead of going to try and get regular football doesnt deserve to get anywhere near this club. Epitomy of the greedy modern day footballer.

Cudicini syndrome?

Thing is, I could understand someone deciding to pick up their wages at a mercenary, cliquey club like Chelsea.

They bring it on themselves do Chelsea, they treat players and managers like meat, give far too much power to the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cole.

I would enjoy fleecing them of their coin whilst sitting on my backside and not see them get a penny back.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It looks like QPR will be first to his signature early next year. Probably got a home in West London anyway, so it makes sense. There's a part of me that doesn't like the idea of any ex-plastics player at Everton, and while did well in Holland, seems not the player of before or not quite so prolific. Was aware of the name, but despite doing well here and there, just not the player he once was, and if he goes elsewhere, won't be losing no sleep on it.

• 1 year later...