IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm blown away by the Llorente links, but at 6'4 he could be a presence in the box if we're ever chasing a game (unlikely I know), plus with his big build could be a physical option against tired legs.

If we're able to negotiate a fee for buttons (hopefully a free transfer) and very small wages then I'd be happy(ish). Take the money for Moise Kean and re-invest it in January, the fact that he's coming from Napoli means that Ancelotti knows him well which is always a good thing - plus his name isn't Troy Deeney! 

Still hoping that our actual signing is Milik, out of contract next summer so hopefully another cheap option, but one that would actually be a worthwhile investment. 

• 3 months later...

Eden turns 35 in March, I know it's not all about age but Jesus fucking Christ. He was only ever a back-up at Manchester City and has been frozen out in Italy because he just isn't really that good. Amazing how (if reports are to be believed) we've gone from a young talent like Zirkzee to Dzeko.

Would more than likely demand six figure wages too, which just adds to the ageing deadwood that we're trying to get rid of. I'll absolutely lose my shit if this somehow turns into a swap deal with Bernard.

53 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Eden turns 35 in March, I know it's not all about age but Jesus fucking Christ. He was only ever a back-up at Manchester City and has been frozen out in Italy because he just isn't really that good. Amazing how (if reports are to be believed) we've gone from a young talent like Zirkzee to Dzeko.

Would more than likely demand six figure wages too, which just adds to the ageing deadwood that we're trying to get rid of. I'll absolutely lose my shit if this somehow turns into a swap deal with Bernard.

Frozen out? He's their main striker 7 goals and an assist this season. 15 goals and 11 assists last season. 

He's old but never relied on pace. Play to his strengths and you could still get a good year or two out of him.

13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Giroud of Chelsea like.

Useful signing but his wages would be too high for anything than a 1/2 season loan.

Giroud of Chelsea like - exactly what we need. Someone who can come on for the last 20minutes as a 2nd striker if needed or as someone to hold the ball up the pitch to help us see a game out. I’d love another young up and coming striker but use Kean and last season as an example - when he came on as a sub, he didn’t make an impact - he probably didn’t get enough chances really but when he did, he didn’t do enough. Getting in a Dzeko/Giroud type guarantees quality - you know what you’re getting. We need another young striker too but as a short-term signing, he’d be perfect.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

He was excellent at City and a key member of their title winning squads. As said already, he’s been Roma’s main striker since he’s been there but looks like he’s had a fall out with Fonseca. Short-term - excellent option.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Frozen out? He's their main striker 7 goals and an assist this season. 15 goals and 11 assists last season. 

He's old but never relied on pace. Play to his strengths and you could still get a good year or two out of him.

Was just gonna say this.  He’s been the main dude at Roma and his last year at city I thought he was their starter as well with aguero injured every other minute (could be wrong).  The occasional match id put him and DCL and advise digne james to sling crosses to the box ad naseum

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Danny Ings in one thread, grandad Dzeko in another.

Errr I think I’ll go with Ings Bob!

As would every other Evertonian - Ings probably won’t be available until the summer though. Dzeko could be the difference in our success this season. Dzeko would be a very good short term signing. Ings would be more of a mid-term investment.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He’s shite!

I don't think he's been given enough of a chance to prove one way or the other. Certainly not set the world alight in his few appearances but also not really done much worthy of writing him off. 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't think he's been given enough of a chance to prove one way or the other. Certainly not set the world alight in his few appearances but also not really done much worthy of writing him off. 

He was very poor at Celtic.

I don't dislike Kenny but in the same breath don't think he's ever going to be first choice at a team that's playing European football each season which is what we want to be. For the right price I wouldn't be too upset about letting him go and think considering he was sent on loan to Celtic is one foot out of the door anyway.