IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

52 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Leicester might end up falling away, Vardy is off form after his operation and both Barnes and Maddison have come off injured. 

They're a little bit like us in the sense that they have some outstanding players, but lack the squad depth to really keep up momentum when a few of those outstanding players are removed. 

West Ham are hanging in there, but I expect them to drop off once this purple patch clears. They're punching way above their weight IMO.

Spurs also just a point behind us now. I fancy our chances to finish top 6, but could just as easily see us finish 8th or 9th. It's a much more wide open top half than there's ever been

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agree to disagree, i don't think arsenal, villa, spurs, or west ham will be in top 6.  

city

united

everton

chelsea

leicester

liverpool

Again, not saying they will finish in the top 6. I'm saying they're in the mix and that's the point I'm trying to make. There's 11 points separating 9 teams right now, from West Ham in 4th to Wolves in 12th. And there's still 12-14 games left this season. 

And if there's one thing we've learned from this season, it's that you can't predict anything. Wolves could get Jimenez back and go on a run. Moyes could pull a rabbit out a hat and get West Ham to a top-6 finish. Leicester could implode like the end of last season. 

Anyways, Jags looks hell bent on getting one over on the shite today. Ramsdale has been big for Sheffield, but that Liverpool backline looks creaky. Fingers crossed we see some more dropped points

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

agree to disagree, i don't think arsenal, villa, spurs, or west ham will be in top 6.  

city

united

everton

chelsea

leicester

liverpool

We will need a near perfect run in to come third... winning games and others dropping crucial points.

These next 2 games are huge. 2 good wins and we are putting real pressure on the teams around us.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

We will need a near perfect run in to come third... winning games and others dropping crucial points.

These next 2 games are huge. 2 good wins and we are putting real pressure on the teams around us.

We still have Chelsea Spurs and West Ham to play a win or at minimum a draw against them 3, and it should be in our own hands to get a top 6 finish, and 4th wouldn’t be out of our reach.  

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

We still have Chelsea Spurs and West Ham to play a win or at minimum a draw against them 3, and it should be in our own hands to get a top 6 finish, and 4th wouldn’t be out of our reach.  

I agree, we need to be competing against those teams but also taking points from the likes of Southampton and WBA

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Leicester drop points again and are in our sights now and surely any threat from Villa snuffed out by Sheffield United. Decent night for us.

Was just about to say the same. Now we need to capitalise on this!

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They might be a threat to us then but I don't see them top six now.

This thought does trouble me a bit, and I’m half-serious.  For, if Villa aren’t much of a threat to get into top 6, yet might threaten Everton, that seems to mean they could seriously damage our hopes for top 6 (or higher).  Yes?

6 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

This thought does trouble me a bit, and I’m half-serious.  For, if Villa aren’t much of a threat to get into top 6, yet might threaten Everton, that seems to mean they could seriously damage our hopes for top 6 (or higher).  Yes?

Of course, we're perfectly capable of shooting ourselves in the foot given the opportunity, we're Everton after all. I just think that if we finish behind Villa now we'll likely be 8th/9th, because I can't see them top six without Grealish....if ever there was a one man team....

23 minutes ago, Btay said:

Palace holding United at 0-0 with 20 minutes to go.....

The game has been dull as dishwater too, I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than watch any of this back. United will be torn apart next week against City, could be another 1-6.

Palace are dreadful too mind, it's got 0-0 written all over this unless someone falls asleep at the back and gives away a penalty, both sides should be relegated on the spot for serving up such drab shite. 

Whiskey has got me through tonight.

Edit: Finishes 0-0, win our games in hand and we can theoretically be two points from 2nd.