IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Garth Crooks in his team of the week..

Virgil van Dijk: If the shot that had Mendy frantically scrambling across his goal-line was anything to go by, then it looks like Van Dijk's right knee has fully recovered from the injury he sustained against Everton last season.

:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, c1982 said:

Fair play to him - a few of our recent (including current) flops should take note…

Seems a pretty good guy in the scheme of things for a footballer. He was one of the few Chelsea players that didn't down tools during their 2015/16 season that got Mourinho sacked (again).

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Surely the players have been there a few days, if there was an issue why wait for the game to start?

I thought this too, but it sounds to be a right mess after doing some reading. From what I understand the Brazilian government gave them clearance to play, but the Health Organisation have overruled them. Apparently they tried to make contact with the team before the game started, but they locked themselves in the dressing room :lol:

1 minute ago, Btay said:

2-0 palace 

I like that a lot, sometimes playing on a Monday under the lights at home when the team’s around you haven’t had a very good weekend, spurs the players  and fans on knowing that a win is going to take them up the table, let’s hope for some more upsets this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I like that a lot, sometimes playing on a Monday under the lights at home when the team’s around you haven’t had a very good weekend, spurs the players  and fans on knowing that a win is going to take them up the table, let’s hope for some more upsets this weekend. 

Absolutely. Few tricky games for the teams around us this weekend and next so hopefully we can get maximum points going into some of our trickier rounds. 🤞🏻