IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Please don’t jinx it. ,… I detest Newcastle 

Listening to the radio earlier apparently they did an open bus after they lost their last final (under Dalglish); wonder if they'll do another one.?

I know we did a joint with Liverpool once after losing but that was a little different.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Listening to the radio earlier apparently they did an open bus after they lost their last final (under Dalglish); wonder if they'll do another one.?

I know we did a joint with Liverpool once after losing but that was a little different.

They did a spot of flag waving in injury time. They have scored one goal at Wembley in cup comps since 1976 and that was in a semi! 

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They did and hundreds of thousands turned out to cheer them, good fans don't only support when they're winning they also support their teams when they lose. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

They did and hundreds of thousands turned out to cheer them, good fans don't only support when they're winning they also support their teams when they lose. 

You must agree that an open top bus parade for a defeat is a bit cringe? It's like when Wales had that mad parade for finally making a major tournament and doing half decent in it, never seen something more embarrassing tbh.

I'll be honest at 4-0 I got into the hilarity of it all. Fantastic to see them have such a smacking, especially as their fans have been giving it gums about quadruples and titles following a Carabao Cup win against a mediocre Newcastle.

They were simply awful today, for all the good work ETH has done they're never far from a total collapse.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought United looked the better side in that first half and Id have never expected that type of collapse. 

Goals change games! 

I thought the first Liverpool goal was completely against the run of play. 

I think the fact that Liverpool scored so quickly, mixed with the fact that United are fatigued from playing three games a week since around January meant that they just totally collapsed. By 4-0, the stadium was electric and United couldn't cope. Had the game played for another ten minutes it could have been 10-0.

• 2 weeks later...