IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

One thing that stood out for me this weekend, watching some games is just how dynamic a lot of the teams around us now are. More precise, fluid and direct. The league has changed ten fold in the lat 6/7 years and now football is a great spectacle (for the most part). More depressingly, it highlights our weaknesses as a setup. We're just far too slow and predictable. Based on the things I've seen, i'm worried.

Kudos to some teams in the league, really trying to improve their teams and attracting some big names. It's impressive (for all the wrong reasons).

One thing that stood out for me this weekend, watching some games is just how dynamic a lot of the teams around us now are. More precise, fluid and direct. The league has changed ten fold in the lat 6/7 years and now football is a great spectacle (for the most part). More depressingly, it highlights our weaknesses as a setup. We're just far too slow and predictable. Based on the things I've seen, i'm worried.

Kudos to some teams in the league, really trying to improve their teams and attracting some big names. It's impressive (for all the wrong reasons).

yes agreed. even arsenal have gone more direct recently. it reminds me of the bundesliga more and more in terms of style, which i love.

yes agreed. even arsenal have gone more direct recently. it reminds me of the bundesliga more and more in terms of style, which i love.

Did them the world of good yesterday ;)

Direct isn't lobbing the ball forward for me. What we need to do is pass quick and forward. To do so, you need people running into space, making themselves available within a 10-15m radius. I don't know why the players and / or Roberto can't fathom that, it's not rocket science!

Did them the world of good yesterday ;)

Direct isn't lobbing the ball forward for me. What we need to do is pass quick and forward. To do so, you need people running into space, making themselves available within a 10-15m radius. I don't know why the players and / or Roberto can't fathom that, it's not rocket science!

It isn't for me either. What you described is what I view as direct. Moving the ball quickly from back to front and making an attempt on goal. Similar to moyes style with us. Distin to baines, baines drives up and passed to pienaar, back to baines, passes to a cutting in pienaar to jela/Vic and a shot or pass and a shot.

Stroking it about doesn't do anything for me.

It isn't for me either. What you described is what I view as direct. Moving the ball quickly from back to front and making an attempt on goal. Similar to moyes style with us. Distin to baines, baines drives up and passed to pienaar, back to baines, passes to a cutting in pienaar to jela/Vic and a shot or pass and a shot.

Stroking it about doesn't do anything for me.

I quite like stroking it about, but thats none of your business I guess....

Congratulations to Bodmin Town and AFC St. Austell, two Cornish teams that made it through today's FA Cup qualifying round.

Getting ahead of yourself, they made it through the extra preliminary round, they still need to get through the preliminary round before they hit the heights of the first qualifying round :D. Wembley is still on though!