IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Any and all! Just as a referee shouldn't play in a game with the team he supports, commentators shouldn't be allowed to comment on a game with their team in. Just too much bias

I'm asking which commentator you're referring too about the shite's game. I wasn't aware Alan Smith or the other fella (can't think of his name) were Liverpool fans.

I'm asking which commentator you're referring too about the shite's game. I wasn't aware Alan Smith or the other fella (can't think of his name) were Liverpool fans.

Nearly all of them piss me off to be honest. Martin Tyler mostly.

Didn't watch the shites game, but I remembered it irritating over the weekend.

Edited by Matt

I see referee Lee Mason has been relegated to fourth-official role after his failure to give Coquelin a second yellow-card. The referee in the Liverpool game last night for the goal he disallowed and the linesman for allowing a clearly offside Liverpool goal, should both be relegated to non-league.

Southampton is playing in Europa today. I'll be interested to see how they do in that tournament and how their league form is as well. Will love to compare/contrast with our situation last year. I'm guessing they'll have a similar run as we did but will finish higher than 11th as we did.

1-0 down at half time with a strong team out, they get knocked out and it'll be no excuse for a poor season in the league. I actually think they'll do well to finish top half either way; small club who've had a decent couple of seasons but will return to their level.

The natural order will be restored.

1-0 down at half time with a strong team out, they get knocked out and it'll be no excuse for a poor season in the league. I actually think they'll do well to finish top half either way; small club who've had a decent couple of seasons but will return to their level.

The natural order will be restored.

yeah agreed mike, i'm surprised they're down, and dortmund as well were down 3-2 to grenlend?

EDIT tied 3-3 now.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Me neither tbh they have an infrastructure academy and owners that trounces most sides bar the obvious ones in this league although anything can happen I suppose

I do like them as a side as they always seem to do things the right way when it comes to dealing with players transfers the press etc and tend to play decent football but they have looked well off the pace this season and I did have th down as pushing for a top six spot

Looking forward to seeing how Claise (sp?) gets on when he's up and running looks a good Player and a potentially massive bargain

Not sure how you could see them as a big club in any way, shape or form tbh.

I never said big, just never thought of them as small. MLT was an idol growing up, so maybe I'm a little biased.

To be honest, I hate the "little club" and "big club" descriptions. Neither adjective is close to being correct, it should be more or less successful clubs. That at least shows an accurate portrayal of things, and therefore a little more respective. Small club is condescending, in my opinion.