IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Var is shit I’ve said it from day one. Anyway I’ve posted before this. Cantwell at Norwich is a superstar 

Yep I dispise it in Americans sports.  I loved the human element and you just live with the result. VAR is no more accurate as proved today.  It just makes it more maddening when it’s wrong.

On 12/08/2019 at 16:27, johnh said:

Mike, I'll give you generous odds of 3 to 1 that your team don't win the cup.  That's not 3 to 1 'on' either.😁

5-1 away win at Street today in the next round (that's a town right next to Glastonbury for those unfamiliar with Somerset geography); Wembley here we come:D.

On 24/08/2019 at 19:56, MikeO said:

5-1 away win at Street today in the next round (that's a town right next to Glastonbury for those unfamiliar with Somerset geography); Wembley here we come:D.

Mike, my local team, Maidenhead United, played in the very first FA Cup competition to be played in 1871.  In the first round, they had a local derby against Marlow and won 2 - 0. I think Royal Engineers won it that  season.  Thought about going to watch them, at home, this afternoon against Bromley, too hot!  34C.  Incidentally, looking at the Bromley team, there are names that never appeared on a team sheet when I played:

Kizzi,  Okoye,  Klass,  Mekki  and Hackett-Fairchild.😁

West Ham’s win over United will put more pressure on Silva, the board will most definitely be thinking about a replacement and discussing names behind closed doors, just in case things don’t go to plan in the next 3-4 weeks. 

They haven't made the investment in him and the team to see the results we are getting, and then to see the likes of Leicester pulling away from us in nearly every department. 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Spurs out of the League Cup! 

Despite the worst "Panenka" from a Colchester player in the history of the game in the shoot-out. Gazzaniga had the time to dive, get back up again and punch it away before it reached the goal, bloody hilarious and the reaction of his team-mates was priceless. You do them when you're 4-0 up, not in a shoot-out when you're a fourth tier team in a shoot-out against PL opposition. Happily his team mates spared him looking like a total dick.