IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I find it a bit strange that Emery won so many Europa Leagues. He has an identity but I don't think he is a decent manager. 

Quite refreshing listening to Roy Keane in the studio though. I forget how good he was, and how simply he played the game. 

Yeah kicking anyone who got near him was as simple as it gets. 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

I find it a bit strange that Emery won so many Europa Leagues. He has an identity but I don't think he is a decent manager. 

Quite refreshing listening to Roy Keane in the studio though. I forget how good he was, and how simply he played the game. 

Can't stand Roy Keane. Arrogant prick.

5 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Can't stand Roy Keane. Arrogant prick.

I think he is anything but. He doesn't think he is the best player, he admits himself that he was lucky to play with such great players as he did.

There is no doubt that he has his "issues" but I would give anything to have a Roy Keane playing for Everton now.

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think he is anything but. He doesn't think he is the best player, he admits himself that he was lucky to play with such great players as he did.

There is no doubt that he has his "issues" but I would give anything to have a Roy Keane playing for Everton now.

What makes him arrogant is that he thinks all footballers should play like him, or at least always play no matter the situation.

On 02/10/2019 at 14:51, Sibdane said:

What makes him arrogant is that he thinks all footballers should play like him, or at least always play no matter the situation.

I get you now. Even with that there is an element of truth to that to what he says because players are soft these days but I get the feeling he would expect players to lace up with a broken leg!

Horrible..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754

To be honest I'm not overly surprised, the South West (big cities like Bristol, Exeter, Taunton and Plymouth aside) have very few people of colour and racism is rife. The school that Josh went to (for example) in the "market town" a few miles from us had absolutely no black students at all in a total of around 750 throughout his whole time there so there was no integration.

Our old next door neighbour was actually commissioned to research SW racism (can't remember by who, but she was a well respected academic so it'd have been a serious body) some years ago and I read the draft before she submitted it and it was pretty awful.

I salute Yeovil as a club for their behaviour though, just hope the FA deal with it fairly.

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11847303/southampton-players-donate-wages-to-charity?fbclid=IwAR3LJxS-P1OPD_RxDTNhALBvIIqDW0wcuRMk36eSVr0ssj8vchYEWehUFQ0

Soton players to donate a weeks wages to charity. Nice gesture considering they'll all be feeling like shit themselves after that defeat. 

A days wages.