IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/31/david-moyes-west-ham-manager-old-new

Interesting read.  Not, uh, complimentary toward Moyes.

But not toward Everton, either: a “storied mid-sized club” with “an unbridgeable gulf between expectation and reality, where the interests of the fanbase — take some risks, play with romance, make us dream again — are at direct odds with the business plan, which demands mid-table Premier League football in perpetuity.”

Is that Everton under Moshiri??

12 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/31/david-moyes-west-ham-manager-old-new

Interesting read.  Not, uh, complimentary toward Moyes.

But not toward Everton, either: a “storied mid-sized club” with “an unbridgeable gulf between expectation and reality, where the interests of the fanbase — take some risks, play with romance, make us dream again — are at direct odds with the business plan, which demands mid-table Premier League football in perpetuity.”

Is that Everton under Moshiri??

West Ham, "..a club where nutty mavericks have always had the run of the place – from Di Canio to the Dildo Brothers – ..."

😂

I watched 4 games yesterday started watching the 5th Arsenal and Utd but at just gone 2am decided enough was enough, but what I did see was Brighton Southampton and Norwich go out to win the game with some decent performances, then disappointingly we didn’t. 

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

If Leeds had an actual striker instead of Bamford they could be a really nice side.  doing very well against Arsenal.  I love their energy and pressing, classic Biesla

I will never, ever, ever want Leeds to win so much as an egg-cup. Revie era has me hating them for life, I think anyone of my generation (their supporters excluded) will go along with that, desperately hope they screw promotion again but I fear they won't.

Just now, MikeO said:

I will never, ever, ever want Leeds to win so much as an egg-cup. Revie era has me hating them for life, I think anyone of my generation (their supporters excluded) will go along with that, desperately hope they screw promotion again but I fear they won't.

never knew that era, i love their manager and his style of play.  they are making arsenal look like a league 1 side.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I have a soft spot for them ever since Yeboah. I love watching old videos of him scoring stunners. His goal against Wimbledon will always be one of my favorites. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Fair enough but those of my age had their opinion formed by the anti football of Revie, accompanied by his shameful (fortunately short) stint as England manager.

Dirty dirty Leeds, I hated that horrible little man Bremner what a poor excuse for a footballer he was just a thug with 0 ability. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Man United fans apparently chanting "death to Greenwood". Classy.

*Woodward.

He will never be removed from the club as financially they are growing year on year, he's employed to make the Glazers money and is doing exactly that. The results on the football pitch are very much a secondary concern to the income that Woodward and his team generate. 

Not that chants calling for his death should be acceptable mind, a little bit over the line to be honest regardless of how poor the team are playing. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

*Woodward.

He will never be removed from the club as financially they are growing year on year, he's employed to make the Glazers money and is doing exactly that. The results on the football pitch are very much a secondary concern to the income that Woodward and his team generate. 

Not that chants calling for his death should be acceptable mind, a little bit over the line to be honest regardless of how poor the team are playing. 

i thought they were losing money since they aren't in CL anymore?

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

yep looked up deloitte money league and even though they are shittier they made 50m more this year.  crazy.  at some point the results will drive the bus and the heritage will fall away (like it did with us).

Indeed. Their brand will become worthless if they don't start competing again and then the owners will sod off, with all the debt saddled on the club. But, so long as the name means something, they'll keep getting stupid money but more and more debt. Woodward should stick to the business and leave player deals to someone who has sense and cares. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Ziyech to Chelsea in the summer. It will be interesting to see if they play him wide or centrally. Not sure the league will suit him if it's central.

i will also be interested to see how it turns how.  he's a really nice player, but he is small and light weight, i don't know if he will be up to the physical demands of this league.