IGNORED

James McCarthy

60x60_everton.png

16:46

Everton haggle with Wigan over McCarthy fee

From Sportsmail's Adam Crafton: 'At this moment, talks have frozen between Wigan and Everton for midfielder James McCarthy. Everton boss Roberto Martinez is still keen to recruit the Republic of Ireland international, who has been granted extra leave by the national team as he looks to force through the move.

'Everton are prepared to pay up to £13million, but the payment would be staggered in installments, while Wigan want the cash up front.

'Latics Chairman Dave Whelan is still holding out for £15million but may compromise on a smaller fee if the money is paid quicker.

'Everton's need for McCarthy is lessened by the imminent signing of Fernando from Porto and if a deal is to go through, Wigan may have to compromise. Talks are expected to recommence after United and Everton reach an agreement for Marouane Fellaini.'

WIGAN LATEST

BBC Sport's Luke Reddy reports: "Dave Whelan has just told me Wigan have agreed a deal to take Manchester United's Nick Powell on a season-long loan.

Whelan said: "We obviously had Tom Cleverley on loan and I think United were happy with the job we did with him, so it's good news that we've got the lad.

WIGAN LATEST

BBC Sport's Luke Reddy reports: "Dave Whelan has just told me Wigan have agreed a deal to take Manchester United's Nick Powell on a season-long loan.

Whelan said: "We obviously had Tom Cleverley on loan and I think United were happy with the job we did with him, so it's good news that we've got the lad.

McCarthy on way then?