IGNORED

James McCarthy

Guest rusty747

We are. Look at the way Spurs bought to replace Bale (and some) before they actually sold him. Bigger numbers but same principle. Only snag is we probably have to sell to get the money to buy so we were always over a barrel I am sorry to say. Not just short of money, but actually have to pay over the odds as well. Ain't fair but I can't see it changing anytime soon.

My only worry with him, is why do we seem to be the only ones interested in him if he's the best of the rest?

I can't really say I know enough of him to know if this is a good signing or not.

Who else was interested in Arteta, Lescott, Cahill, Pienaar and, as Steve pointed out, Fellaini?

It's a lazy argument.

My only worry with him, is why do we seem to be the only ones interested in him if he's the best of the rest?

It's a valid question. I'd say there are two answers:

1) He has been considered by other teams. Indeed, he's been on ManU's radar in the event they could not get Fellaini.

2) He's wanted to rejoin RM since the latter joined the Everton team and, behind the scenes, I'm sure he's made his preferences clear.

Are you sure? I can find no such report. If not, he's still in play.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/sassuolo-marrone-ha-firmato-480274

http://www.calciojuve.it/?p=27197

http://www.soccerweb24.com/ufficiale-marrone-al-sassuolo/

Those are from the last few hours and all say it's official, though I can't find anything on the official websites yet. £3m for 50% of the transfer rights apparently.

Who else was interested in Arteta, Lescott, Cahill, Pienaar and, as Steve pointed out, Fellaini?

It's a lazy argument.

Don't misunderstand me, it's more because I don't have enough experience of the player to make my own opinion, so I'm going off these forums..... Which can be deadly haha!

I'm worried but excited about this whole situation too, if that makes any sense at all.

Don't misunderstand me, it's more because I don't have enough experience of the player to make my own opinion, so I'm going off these forums..... Which can be deadly haha!

I'm worried but excited about this whole situation too, if that makes any sense at all.

I know what you mean, I feel the same way. By 11 we could all be very happy because we've kept hold of our players and added to the squad, or sold big and brought in good players with the money OR we could be all gutted because we sold late and didn't spend any of it.