IGNORED

James McCarthy

To get the additional players, though, we'd have to sell Baines. That leads to the following line-up:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka © Distin Alderweireld

Deulofeu Marrone McCarthy Moses

Barkley

Kone

Subs: Robles, Holtby, Gibson, Stones, Pienaar, Alcaraz, Jelavic

Squad Players: Anichebe, Naismith, Oviedo, Hibbert, Osman, Heitinga, Vellios

Now that would be an awesome lineup - younger, talented, with greater depth to the squad.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Heitinga and Anichebe sold. With Moses added, we could even afford to sell Jelavic or Naismith.

Edited by Cornish Steve

To get the additional players, though, we'd have to sell Baines. That leads to the following line-up:

Howard

Barkley

Kone

Now that would be an awesome lineup - younger, talented, with greater depth to the squad.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Heitinga and Anichebe sold. With Moses added, we could even afford to sell Jelavic or Naismith.

So we just go out and buy these over the weekend do we Steve, 8 players in one window would be a record for us, and what do you think the combined total outlay would be. ??

Howard

Barkley

Kone

So we just go out and buy these over the weekend do we Steve, 8 players in one window would be a record for us, and what do you think the combined total outlay would be. ??

Yes!

Do the numbers. 42m from the sale of Fellaini and Baines. Another 5-6 from the sale of Heitinga and Anichebe - plus wage savings. Most of the players incoming are around 7-8m with McCarthy 12-14m. So finances are not a problem.

I don't know about Holtby, mentioned by others, but McCarthy, Moses, Marrone, and Alderweireld have been in our sights all summer. I'm sure it's no accident that they have not been traded to other teams. We're ready to pull the trigger the moment the deal is done with ManU.

So it's not a pipe dream. I'd say there's a decent chance of it happening.

Yes!

Do the numbers. 42m from the sale of Fellaini and Baines. Another 5-6 from the sale of Heitinga and Anichebe - plus wage savings. Most of the players incoming are around 7-8m with McCarthy 12-14m. So finances are not a problem.

I don't know about Holtby, mentioned by others, but McCarthy, Moses, Marrone, and Alderweireld have been in our sights all summer. I'm sure it's no accident that they have not been traded to other teams. We're ready to pull the trigger the moment the deal is done with ManU.

So it's not a pipe dream. I'd say there's a decent chance of it happening.

You know there's about 72 hours left until the deadline, right? There's no way we're selling Fellaini, Baines, Heitinga and Anichebe and buying Holtby, McCarthy, Moses, Marrone (who has signed or is about to sign for Sassuolo I think) and Alderweireld (who is supposedly signing for Atlético soon) in 72 hours.

And breathe...

Thet are all just rumours. Papertalk. Great topics for discussions on a rumour forum but none are actually confirmed targets by anyone at the club.

There is a risk that we are losing Baines and Fellaini, there have been confirmed bids. We really have no clue about what players Martinez has lined up in case it happens.

Agree with Bill and Steve_E, it wont be another 5-6 players though. Perhaps 2 to replace the guys leaving. Rest might be spent in Jan but most likely paid to the bank.

Edited by Peter H

You know there's about 72 hours left until the deadline, right? There's no way we're selling Fellaini, Baines, Heitinga and Anichebe and buying Holtby, McCarthy, Moses, Marrone (who has signed or is about to sign for Sassuolo I think) and Alderweireld (who is supposedly signing for Atlético soon) in 72 hours.

Yes, of course. But look at the domino set of deals in previous final days. It's like buying a house, waiting until the key purchase is made - then all the others fall into place. If we can bring on board four players in a couple of days, we can do the same just before the transfer window closes. Honestly, I do believe this could be a mind-bogglingly active last few hours.

Yes, of course. But look at the domino set of deals in previous final days. It's like buying a house, waiting until the key purchase is made - then all the others fall into place. If we can bring on board four players in a couple of days, we can do the same just before the transfer window closes. Honestly, I do believe this could be a mind-bogglingly active last few hours.

I agree, although it's interesting that none of the Bale money has stayed in England. Spurs have spent it all overseas.

Lets be honest, Martinez has been well aware of the chances that the two of them will go. Now unless he's been told the only player he can replace is felli then I expect us to sign McCarthy. However for £40m I expect he should have £25m to spend, otherwise I would be extremely pissed off.

He will have that money already spent and the deals potentially agreed in principle.

Lets be honest, Martinez has been well aware of the chances that the two of them will go. Now unless he's been told the only player he can replace is felli then I expect us to sign McCarthy. However for £40m I expect he should have £25m to spend, otherwise I would be extremely pissed off.

He will have that money already spent and the deals potentially agreed in principle.

BK did say that any money in would be given to RM to spend. But i think you are right. 25 mil tops

Whelan will have us over a barrel a little bit, he knows we want him as a replacement of Fellini on transfer deadline day.

I am a little ignorant on McCathy, as haven't really watch much of Wigan I know he doesn't score many or get many assist - His signing appear popular though. What are his biggest strength as a midfielder?

Whelan won't let him go for less than £15m.

He sees that Fellaini goes for £24m, he'll want as close to as possible.

We should have bid prior to the Fellaini stories ideally but it's too late. We'll get desperate and pay over the odds to get him last minute. Poor strategy.

Business in early, for all sakes.