IGNORED

James McCarthy

Gibson allowed McCarthy to break forward - which he did a lot. It's something I've been critical if him for because we need goals from central midfield. Yesterday proved he has that in his game. We just need to see more of it.

That line can be applied to 80% of our team :lol:

I just think its purely a case of anyone but Barry, his legs have gone. If Martinez doesn't see this then he will annoy me.

Not convinced, since he's hardly been the most agile or quick in his career. I think he just got a bit too comfortable, reinforced by Martinez's refusal to drop him. You watch, he'll waltz back in against QPR and we'll look shite again.

Not convinced, since he's hardly been the most agile or quick in his career. I think he just got a bit too comfortable, reinforced by Martinez's refusal to drop him. You watch, he'll waltz back in against QPR and we'll look shite again.

Pace wise he's never been quick, its not just pace though, its "heavy legged" - the ability to move your weight and react to the opponnents change in direction, the number of times he fouls a player by throwing his leg backwards to trip up the man who has just wrong footed him is embarrassing.

Gary Neville did the right thing and retired before losing his dignity after being skinned a couple of games on the bounce. I respected the lad for that. Peter Reid left Everton when he realised his powers were on the wane.

His ban is for accumulating the required amount of yellows after he'd served the one game ban for the red against Hull.

Hope you're right then :) I meant the red at Chelsea though....

Mind you, all it will do is delay the inevitable return :(

Edited by Matt

Hope you're right then :) I meant the red at Chelsea though....

Mind you, all it will do is delay the inevitable return :(

Yeah I got the team wrong. But don't you remember? It was cut to a one game ban but if he received another yellow before whatever date it was he would then serve the 2 game ban - he was booked against Stoke.

• 2 weeks later...

The lad can't win.

He chose to play for Ireland rather than the country of his birth and Brady comes out and questions his loyalty? I can't stand these players of yesteryear trying to gain further favour with their fans by criticising current players. Terry Butcher does it, Tony Adams likes to play that card too.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/dunphy-james-mccarthy-is-a-terrible-flop-669760.html?

Don't know who this fella is but he's spot on. Echo's everything I've ever said about the limited McCarthy. Completely overrated. Amen

He's a well established idiot. Eg (from wiki)..

Before the second leg of Manchester United's game against Roma in 2006–07 he branded Ronaldo "a simple cheat" and a "Poof ball who's never done it in the big games". He also called Michael Carrick a "nothing player" and described Roma as "a cut above" United. Carrick and Ronaldo each scored two goals as Manchester United won the match 7–1. Following the match Dunphy reluctantly praised the United performance. In an article he wrote for the Irish Daily Star, January 2008, Dunphy admitted that he "couldn't have been more wrong about Cristiano Ronaldo". He further claimed that Ronaldo "looks like the real deal", and concluded by saying: "Ronaldo is something special. I was wrong".

There are many more examples, he's a complete fool who's stolen a living by being controversial and opinionated after being a decidedly average player.

Dunphy is a notorious WUM. Nothing to say, other than to try and cause controversy. Like some on this forum.

He slated David Silva in 2008, didn't see anything in Thomas Mueller.... Clearly needs his football spoonfed to him.

Edited by Hafnia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...