IGNORED

James McCarthy

It will be exactly what we need if he leaves. At least then we'll maybe find someone who can actually play a bit. There's a time and a place for a workhorse but it rings massive bells if the majority of the fan base see one as the "main" player. Get shut. He's not all that

It will be exactly what we need if he leaves. At least then we'll maybe find someone who can actually play a bit. There's a time and a place for a workhorse but it rings massive bells if the majority of the fan base see one as the "main" player. Get shut. He's not all that

:rolleyes::doh:

Who has said he is our "main" player?

He sounds like Mirallas.

Our results with and without him will probably show him to be very important to our team.

I doubt very highly he wants to leave. Once again he have a very good player on our hands, so the media do their best to sell him for us.

If he isn't part of our squad when the transfer window closes, not that it's even open yet, I'll be shocked!

Our results with and without him will probably show him to be very important to our team.

I doubt very highly he wants to leave. Once again he have a very good player on our hands, so the media do their best to sell him for us.

If he isn't part of our squad when the transfer window closes, not that it's even open yet, I'll be shocked!

It opened today. I thought it was July 1st but it says on SSN it opened today.

Sometimes we just get carried away easily, for better or worse.

James McCarthy just signed two seasons ago, he's under contract for a few more (didn't bother to check that, does not matter).

We all want a pay rise in our jobs, especially if someone else gets hired with a better salary to do something similar. But then, that's his agent's job: to knock on Martinez's door and claim that McCarthy is very unhappy, threat with unrest, leak some quotes to the media and blah blah blah. It's Martinez's duty to tell him to STFU and go home in a polite enough way.

I tend to believe that players are not usually that concerned about the wages and more about the project, the results and the overall quality of the team. Do you really think that McCarthy would go against Martinez after all RM did for him? Sign him from Hamilton Academy to Wigan, sign him again to play for Everton, teach him a thing or two...

He loves it here. He Saud so in April. He is bemused as to where the story of him leaving has come from....

It's not like he's said win trophies or I'm off.

He's spoken to the press though, Haf. He should've just kept his big mouth shut, right?

Are you acting as roms attourney or judging this on its own merit?

Not one quote indicates that he has desires outside of Everton ambition or otherwise.

You're missing the point. Rom talks to the press, you castrate him and put words in his mouth. He didn't say win or I'm off, he said he wants to win and play at the highest level, you're creating ideas based on your assumption / intepretation rather than just reading what is in front of you.

Then, McCarthy talks to the press, not a single word about how he should shut up, concentrate on his game, etc.

Since I don't care when players talking to the press or not, its not an issue for me anyway. But you've had such strong views against a couple of players, it just weird to not here a peep from one of your favourite players.

Anyway, back to the story - I've no doubt its all horseshit and that his agent is just trying their usual dirty tactics to get a few more pennies, and I am glad James spoke out to reassure the fans. Its always nice to hear players ambitions.

We don't have one to speak of not one player in that side can take a game by the scruff of the neck and drag us through a game.

Exactly. I've always maintained McCarthy is a key player, he is the one who makes us tick, the lynch-pin, but there are other players who can be considered key players who could be argued as the main player too. Maybe I'm just being pedantic now, but it really depends on the definition of main player...

The sooner he diss spears the better because a workhorse can never be your key player and if he is it speaks a thousand words.

Graham souness, Peter Reid, lothar mattheus, Roy Keane, Alan ball, maybe not workhorses per se but certainly used work rate as a key component of their game.

Graham souness, Peter Reid, lothar mattheus, Roy Keane, Alan ball, maybe not workhorses per se but certainly used work rate as a key component of their game.

I'm going to posts like some on here would:

Are you seriously comparing James McCarthy to those players

You said "work horses".... Every single one was a work horse. Ability aside they were work horses and covered every blade of grass. Mccarthy is a touch footballer with great defensive abilities.

Been over this a million times. I can't be arsed getting into a deep recurring debate again. I will disagree forever on this he's overrated - hugely

From the article... Because if the past two seasons have proven anything, it is that Everton are a far better team when James McCarthy is playing.

It's plainly obvious for anyone who knows the game - he's a massive part of what's good about us. He's not going to win matches all by himself but he is vital to our success. See Carsley when we got 4th. See Makele and Matic in those Chelsea teams. See Gilberto Silva in that Arsenal team. None have been THE stand-out player but ask those who know and I'd image they'd speak highly of each.

In my opinion, McCarthy and Stones are our 2 most important players.