IGNORED

James McCarthy

Sadly it looks like the hamstring injuries have finished him, looks like a poor mans Glen Whelan now

Wat the hell does hamstrings have to do with that performance? He's always been shit.

Lack of concentration has fuckall to do with hamstrings. Diving in has fuckall to do with hamstrings. He's been a chancer all a long like his messiah Martinez.

Hamstring injuries usually end the careers of sprinters. Wingers and forwards. This guys never had pace. He's always been mediocre though.

Hopefully his Everton career is over pretty soon and we get proper players in there. Don't give it all the hamstring bollocks though that's just an excuse for a player being exposed.

Can someone please tell me what he's ever been good at? He can't tackle. (King at Jockying opponents). He has no balance, he can't see any forward pass. He's pretty much just a player who receives the ball and passes sideways, typical Martinez player. Get rid please.

Wat the hell does hamstrings have to do with that performance? He's always been shit.

Lack of concentration has fuckall to do with hamstrings. Diving in has fuckall to do with hamstrings. He's been a chancer all a long like his messiah Martinez.

Hamstring injuries usually end the careers of sprinters. Wingers and forwards. This guys never had pace. He's always been mediocre though.

Hopefully his Everton career is over pretty soon and we get proper players in there. Don't give it all the hamstring bollocks though that's just an excuse for a player being exposed.

You are to McCarthy what Haf is to Lukaku so I will disregard stating the obvious

Hopefully his Everton career is over pretty soon and we get proper players in there.

Agreed 100% and the sooner it happens the better. I fear that we'll be stuck with him for at least another season though with Barry replacement being deemed higher priority.

You are to McCarthy what Haf is to Lukaku so I will disregard stating the obvious

Not even comparable. I stopped banging the drum ages ago. Hafnia is at it every day.

I have however always maintained other than the odd game he's offers nothing absolute nothing. We might as well be carrying him.

I won't change your mind and you won't change mine but seriously don't come out and say hamstring injuries have caused that performance. Exposed by a much higher calibre of player.

The lad was raved about unjustly because he's always been limited in pretty much all departments.

Not even comparable. I stopped banging the drum ages ago. Hafnia is at it every day.

I have however always maintained other than the odd game he's offers nothing absolute nothing. We might as well be carrying him.

I won't change your mind and you won't change mine but seriously don't come out and say hamstring injuries have caused that performance. Exposed by a much higher calibre of player.

The lad was raved about unjustly because he's always been limited in pretty much all departments.

Yeah fair enough you haven't dragged him in to every thread but I was referring to you being as blind to the good he does as Haf is to Lukakus contribution

Yeah fair enough you haven't dragged him in to every thread but I was referring to you being as blind to the good he does as Haf is to Lukakus contribution

I don't rate him it's a simple as that. Let's see what Koeman does because he was always going to play under Martinez. If we want to crack on that central midfield needs drastic changes. Said this for 2 seasons.

I don't rate him it's a simple as that. Let's see what Koeman does because he was always going to play under Martinez. If we want to crack on that central midfield needs drastic changes. Said this for 2 seasons.

He needs to replace him because he isn't good enough anymore ( refer to previous comment!)

He has never been a gifted player he was always a destroyer who broke up play ( hence his DM role )

You obviously never noticed before but he actually was a sprinter who relied on his pace , hence me saying his hamstrings have finished him

https://vine.co/v/OWHIxqO1juF

Totally agree his hamstrings have nothing to do with concentration and he was 100% culpable for Belgium's second goal today . He was always more about pace and effort rather than technique and intelligence

I have to say I agree with MC. Technically McCarthy is so poor, and if we want to progress as a team we need a midfielder who can dominate the tackle and pick a pass. He can't play a ball to save his life.

Yes but do you agree I'm a full on onion though, that's the important debate in this thread.

Dont understand the rom comparisons. People appreciated mccarthy in his first season as rightly so he was fookin awesone. Supreme athlete whos edge made him a formidable breaker of play. Hes not a technical midfielder so his demise is obvious to his injuries.

Rom has had some ridiculous hyperbole which had me confused. He just isnt that good. Ive been the bearer of unwanted opinion which unfortunately stands true. Mccarthy was a top notch DM... nothing to do with potential, being only 23 or any of that shit. He did what he was bought to do.

Dont understand the rom comparisons. People appreciated mccarthy in his first season as rightly so he was fookin awesone. Supreme athlete whos edge made him a formidable breaker of play. Hes not a technical midfielder so his demise is obvious to his injuries.

Rom has had some ridiculous hyperbole which had me confused. He just isnt that good. Ive been the bearer of unwanted opinion which unfortunately stands true. Mccarthy was a top notch DM... nothing to do with potential, being only 23 or any of that shit. He did what he was bought to do.

This isn't the Lukaku thread it's the "Is Paddock an onion thread" HAFNIA!!

He needs to replace him because he isn't good enough anymore ( refer to previous comment!)

He has never been a gifted player he was always a destroyer who broke up play ( hence his DM role )

You obviously never noticed before but he actually was a sprinter who relied on his pace , hence me saying his hamstrings have finished himhttps://vine.co/v/OWHIxqO1juF

Totally agree his hamstrings have nothing to do with concentration and he was 100% culpable for Belgium's second goal today . He was always more about pace and effort rather than technique and intelligence

Other than pressing (charging opposition without winning the ball back) he does little else, he likes to jockey and pass sideways, he's excellent at that. ShowIng me tackles he's made is all well and good but I can probably find 30 or 40 of those made by Tony Hibbert throughout his career.

He really is a one dimensional player. There's players out there that can do what you say he does well and more. That's the players we want. Good footballers with good engines. He's not even close to being as good as some suggest.

He can be as one dimensional as he likes, he was never there to be a playmaker . His job is to break up play , he is a defensive midfielder

If he could get back to the level he was at in his first season I would be happy if he was the first name on the sheet every week

He never breaks up play though? He just stands there infront of his man Jockying or running towards the ball with no real chance of winning it back.

I get it Dunc you have a real penchant for bang average players. Jagielka and McCarthy.