IGNORED

James McCarthy

oh my goodness - I really think this is more of the case that Moyes doesn't actually like being held accountable for big money signings. Lets be honest - when he has had real money to spend he is no where near as effective as he is with the lower budget players.

This isn't a Moyes flaming post again - its just a dose of reality. The bloke does not like players who are "comfortable with themselves" he likes players with something to prove, he needs to be the one they listen to and need to impress or they are in lumber. The reason he struggled at United is that he tried to tell players who had won allsorts that they needed to listen to him - they didn't have anything to prove to Moyes.

Don't get me wrong its not the worst tactic to have - Steve Walsh likes players who have had to endure tough times with something to prove but that doesn't mean that how he exclusively scouts players. I just think Moyes is going to turn Sunderland into a team that has a flat 4-5-1 (revert to 4-4-2) with cheap hard workers right across the width of the pitch at the expense of flair.

The bloke loves the low risk of a tight budget - it makes expectations that much less. With these low expectations he creates a siege mentality with honest joe footballers. Its his way of operating. It will likely see them survive and maybe get 12th place or something but it will be a boring arduous season for them.

Don't much care about Moyes, was mainly sharing it because he seems to have given away that McCarthy could be off to Watford.

• 2 weeks later...

So is Koeman not going to get any stick for McCarthy doing his hammy twice since he took over?

Nope all Martinez's fault.... not the medical team... not McCarthy's... not just an unlucky run of injuries...

As romey says... its his groin.

His posterior chain is fucked and i guarantee this is all linked to his bad hamstrings that havent been right.

• 4 weeks later...

funny how he's injured and unplayable for everton but ROI deem him not only fit after being out weeks, but he's starting today. let's hope he doesn't get injured again or aggravate the previous injury.

maybe this is why his hammies are shot.

I'll be furious. He shouldn't have even been called up when he's not played for us since his surgery. Edited by Romey 1878

well if he played the full 90m...

I think the issue isn't always the game itself - its the following days and whether 90 minutes was too much.

I'm starting to get really irritated by the likes of Wales having far too much to say over club players. Chris Coleman regarding Ramsey being one of them.

Hopefully McCarthy will have a full and proper recovery - IMO 90 minutes was far too much without any prior football.

There would be a serious amount of anger on here if we never had Gueye and McCarthy was as key to us as he was a few years ago.

Edited by Hafnia

I think the issue isn't always the game itself - its the following days and whether 90 minutes was too much.

I'm starting to get really irritated by the likes of Wales having far too much to say over club players. Chris Coleman regarding Ramsey being one of them.

Hopefully McCarthy will have a full and proper recovery - IMO 90 minutes was far too much without any prior football.

There would be a serious amount of anger on here if we never had Gueye and McCarthy was as key to us as he was a few years ago.

For sure, but 90 mins is a very positive sign