IGNORED

James McCarthy

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if the recent addition(s) might signal his eventual move up to Celtic. We've made do with blooding Davies recently in his prolonged absence, he continues to pick country before club, and it would bookend the former regime if he, Robles and Kone were shipped out wholesale to underline just how amateur and fraudulent the manager that relegated them at Wigan was.

Granted, fresh legs and options from the bench would be markedly welcomed, but we wont get a fee for Barry, Davies is ours to run the rule over, I've just pointed out elsewhere that theres Barkley to fit in, so McCarthy seems a viable option to allow to be sold to recoup a few quid.

I suppose it comes down to the player also, i cant imagine he will be happy sitting on the bench when he could be a starter elsewhere. Surely cant let him go in Jan though with Gana away and Schneiderlin not fully match fit.

You're forgetting we got rid of Martinez who would let any player go if they were unhappy even if it meant leaving us short.

Koeman seems to like him. He must have shown in training the player he was under martinez in his 1st season here.

Plus when he played just before he was injured he showed exactly the player he can be. Aggressive, a great tackler and so energetic.

Get him fit and he could push for a starting place.

Could we play a diamond in games against tough opposition?

----------------Gana---------------

McCarthy----------Schneiderlin

---------------Barkley--------------

---------------Lukaku--------------

With the wing backs pushing on, if we needed legs in midfield, them three could cover some serious ground. I know it's not the most attacking formation, I wouldn't want to see it every week, but could be an option.

Could we play a diamond in games against tough opposition?

----------------Gana---------------

McCarthy----------Schneiderlin

---------------Barkley--------------

---------------Lukaku--------------

With the wing backs pushing on, if we needed legs in midfield, them three could cover some serious ground. I know it's not the most attacking formation, I wouldn't want to see it every week, but could be an option.

No time for the opposition on the ball with those 3 on the same field!

• 2 weeks later...