IGNORED

James McCarthy

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely ridiculous Ireland need to be fined or sanctioned or something he literally gets played every single game unfit and ends up injured when he returns.

More to the point McCarthy shouldnt be so stupid to be agreeing to starting games when he clearly isn't fit. He's fucking himself over. That's that for me he isn't going to get a good enough chance in the team to prove himself under Koeman. Would like to see him gone in the summer, clearly can't get fit and is clearly not trying hard enough.

Edited by AidanLewis

I'm pissed at MON but also at McCarthy. I understand he wants to play for his country, but he needs to GET FIT FIRST and turn down call-ups until he does. Maybe some fans would be upset, but I imagine the majority would understand given his track record.

It's just insane. I was in the "keep him" camp, but this is just going to keep happening.

You can't be angry at McCarthy! He wants to play. And if you are called up, you have to go! Isn't that done sort of daft FIFA rule?

No blame on McCarthy at all. He's the sort of bloke you want by your side in a scuffle. He'll run through brick walls. You can't just turn that side of your personality and become a soft bastard.

It is a shame though. It's hard to see how he'll get a decent run.

You can't be angry at McCarthy! He wants to play. And if you are called up, you have to go! Isn't that done sort of daft FIFA rule?

No blame on McCarthy at all. He's the sort of bloke you want by your side in a scuffle. He'll run through brick walls. You can't just turn that side of your personality and become a soft bastard.

It is a shame though. It's hard to see how he'll get a decent run.

You have to go if you are called up? I don't believe that for a second -- if that's a rule it's ridiculous.

I definitely put some blame on McCarthy. Not saying he won't run through walls or give his all; problem is he can't run or give his all if he's injured all the time. Obviously, I put most of the blame on Martinez firstly and now MON.

You have to go if you are called up? I don't believe that for a second -- if that's a rule it's ridiculous.

I definitely put some blame on McCarthy. Not saying he won't run through walls or give his all; problem is he can't run or give his all if he's injured all the time. Obviously, I put most of the blame on Martinez firstly and now MON.

its not the rule, international football isn't based on conscription.

I'm with you, McCarthy should've said no, but I also accept that it would've been very difficult to say no. End of the day, MON shouldn't have put him in that situation.

I'm pretty sure there is a rule that if a player is called up he goes. That's why you often see players called up even if injured...to be checked out and confirmed by the relevant FA's medical team.

A club has to release the player too.

If the FA really wanted to get tough, they could take it to FIFA and a 2 game ban could occur.

I'm a bit sketchy on it...but I'm sure something does exist!

What happened with Claude Mekelele(sp?), didn't he retire but got called up anyway? He refused to go and got a ban? Or something daft.

It's not about conscription. It's about footballs governing body putting, FIFA, putting International matches above all others.