IGNORED

James McCarthy

Agreed, and anyone that says McCarthy can't play football is deluding themselves. His inter-play with Rom for our first shows how good he can be at quick, one-touch football.

So true - I was amazed at how quickly he was thinking and played to Rom - brilliant football right there.

This lad has it , he just has to have the consistency to show it.

He did well ill eat my humble pie as I'm not a fan of his. Did link up well in attack, when he bungled the goal he did score I thought this is so McCarthy it's not even funny. But he scored and that's all that matters. Worked hard off the ball, and yes I did notice we missed him when he left. Gonna be tough with gana McCarthy and Davies all wanting to do the same thing and all he on the pitch.

We're seeing a rested and recouperated McCarthy. Martinez relied so much on his presence that he rushed him back. Koeman has held off using him until he's sure his injury is settled (no doubt building his hunger and determination too) and we're seeing the player of the season we had in RMs first season.

Edited by Matt

Not even a week after he's played and he's out again. I was right. Get rid.

He wasn't injured. He'd felt tightness and Koeman decided not to risk him, and said he'll be available for the next game (as will Mirallas). It's called good management, MJB. Roberto would've played him anyway and then his hamstring would have gone and he'd be out for two months.

He wasn't injured. He'd felt tightness and Koeman decided not to risk him, and said he'll be available for the next game (as will Mirallas). It's called good management, MJB. Roberto would've played him anyway and then his hamstring would have gone and he'd be out for two months.

Exactly this. We have major depth in this area so why risk him. The reason his hamstrings are so bad is because he was played constantly through being injured.

Not even a week after he's played and he's out again. I was right. Get rid.

You were right that he's had injuries to his groin/hamstrings? Hardly requires a crystal ball MJB.

The fact that we rejected £16m for him suggests that the medical team are confident that his injuries will stand up to what they want.

Up till this season I was all for letting him go as it seemed his abilities had gone- not the case. He covers ground well.

We could do well to learn from how many United managed ryan giggs hamstrings/groin.

Edited by Hafnia

My point guys is he has to be managed, we don't need guys like that. We need healthy bodies that are ready every match and can play 3 in 7 days if need be. No special cases like James here, I'd rather take the 15m than manage his injury.

He didn't HAVE to be managed though. It was a CHOICE. We have the midfielders now so that no one needs to be risked if there's the slightest chance of injury. He could have played but he didn't need to play, so he didn't.

If Barry, Gana, Schneiderlin etc told Koeman the same thing then they wouldn't be risked either. Because they wouldn't need to.

You were right that he's had injuries to his groin/hamstrings? Hardly requires a crystal ball MJB.

The fact that we rejected £16m for him suggests that the medical team are confident that his injuries will stand up to what they want.

Up till this season I was all for letting him go as it seemed his abilities had gone- not the case. He covers ground well.

We could do well to learn from how many United managed ryan giggs hamstrings/groin.

Read somewhere that Fergie absolutely lost it when giggs brought a new car ( manual ) because the resistance of the clutch affected his hamstrings. Crazy right.

• 4 weeks later...

1-2 weeks according to our manager. Says he's been feeling pain, but it's not a big injury.

"James, again, he has some problems on his hamstring," Koeman is quoted as saying by the Liverpool Echo.

"It happened at the beginning of last week, that is really painful for himself but also for me because I like him and we like to progress with, continue with James.

"It is not a big hamstring [strain], maybe he will be out for one or two weeks, but I am really disappointed about that.

"This is another step back for the boy, that is really disappointing."

I lay the blame for this firmly at the door of Martinez and the medical staff he employed. Rushed him back after the first injury, broke down again (as expected) and now it's going to take a lot to fix him.

Cheers Roberto, you've fucked a player that would be ideal for Koeman.

Edited by Romey 1878

1-2 weeks according to our manager. Says he's been feeling pain, but it's not a big injury.

I lay the blame for this firmly at the door of Martinez and the medical staff he employed. Rushed him back after the first injury, broke down again (as expected) and now it's going to take a lot to fix him.

At least we have players in that position to cover. Koeman seems keen to let him rest if his hamstring feels a niggle.

Koeman also seems keen to keep McCarthy in his plans. No doubt he likes the bite and energy that he brings.

Sadly, this is true. McCarthy had pretty much never been out injured before he came to Everton. I can understand the temptation to rush a player back - we'd be tempted to do the same again if Lukaku got injured at a critical point in the season - but it's not a risk worth taking.