IGNORED

James McCarthy

yes, gibson is the barry replacement, both of them are slow but pass really well. besic and davies are the gueye replacements to tackle, intercept, and link up. cleverley is a body, i would like him and mccarthy sold. we are getting down to 3rd and 4th strings central mids, not sure why we need so many of those yet we have one RB.

Besic is injured. Davies has barely played any minutes and is still a bit of an unknown. Gibson is way too unreliable.

That essentially leaves us with an aging Barry and Gueye as our only reliable CMs at the moment, if we got rid of McCarthy and Cleverley.

Besic is injured. Davies has barely played any minutes and is still a bit of an unknown. Gibson is way too unreliable.

That essentially leaves us with an aging Barry and Gueye as our only reliable CMs at the moment, if we got rid of McCarthy and Cleverley.

reagardless of how you look at it, we have a glut of DCM and it needs sorted.

How come all Central Midfielders are now referred to as DCM's??!!!

There is a difference between a Besic and a Gibson, a Mccarthy and a Cleverly.

i classify them in 3 terms. DCM or defensive centre mid, box to box or a centre mid that can defend and attack equally well, and ACM or attacking centre mid or a centre mid who's specialty is attacking/creating/linkup play and does little in way of defending.

none of the 4 of those attack or are box to box, mccarthy and besic are DCM in the mold of the old destroyer. cleverley is awful, not sure how to classify him. gibson also a DCM for me, he can't attack, defends the back 4, but passes better than a destroyer would.

yes, gibson is the barry replacement, both of them are slow but pass really well. besic and davies are the gueye replacements to tackle, intercept, and link up. cleverley is a body, i would like him and mccarthy sold. we are getting down to 3rd and 4th strings central mids, not sure why we need so many of those yet we have one RB.

Not trying to rely on Gibson for a damn thing... If anything could play more attacking, slide barkley deeper, and replace him with some proper creativity in the lineup.

wasn't talking to you newts, i quoted matt, was asking him. i'm interested to see where he sees him fitting in.

As they say where I come from 'tough shit'.

It's in the public forum, anyone can answer. The Private Message function exists for those more intimate one one one situations.

In all seriousness, he is just a plain old original Central Midfielder. Can do a bit of everything but excels at none. Same as Gibson.

Central Midfielders do still exist in computer games, don't they???

what positions on the pitch do you see him playing?

In all seriousness, he is just a plain old original Central Midfielder. Can do a bit of everything but excels at none. Same as Gibson.

Taking out the bickering, Newty summed it up more or less perfectly.

It's more his energy levels that I think will get him games though, the lad just runs and runs. I'd also agree with Bailey, that he should never be played with defensive duties.

Taking out the bickering, Newty summed it up more or less perfectly.

It's more his energy levels that I think will get him games though, the lad just runs and runs. I'd also agree with Bailey, that he should never be played with defensive duties.

Hahaha...guilty as can be!!!

When will we ever learn!!!

reagardless of how you look at it, we have a glut of DCM and it needs sorted.

They aren't all defensive players. Gibson, Cleverley, Davies, not defensive at all. Gibson plays a bit deeper on the pitch, but that's more to help give him options for passing but not defensive in the slightest. We have Gana, McCarthy and Barry, Besic if he wasn't injured but I don't rate him anyway.

We need either a number ten (feel sick) so Barkley can drop in, or we need another player in there next to Gana.

i classify them in 3 terms. DCM or defensive centre mid, box to box or a centre mid that can defend and attack equally well, and ACM or attacking centre mid or a centre mid who's specialty is attacking/creating/linkup play and does little in way of defending.

none of the 4 of those attack or are box to box, mccarthy and besic are DCM in the mold of the old destroyer. cleverley is awful, not sure how to classify him. gibson also a DCM for me, he can't attack, defends the back 4, but passes better than a destroyer would.

There are more than just them three types of player. How about a deep lying playmaker? Like Alonso, Kroos, Gibson haha.

Gibson can attack, cant defend.

Carvalho and Gueye midfield for me would be unreal

This Btay, this!! Edited by StevO

We need better midfielders than McCarthy to compete with the big boys. We need an Eric Dier type still imo: a mobile and fairly strong, but tactically disciplined sitter with a good range of forward passing. McCarthy and Barry are lacking in some of those aspects. Having said that, we should sell off the shite ones (Gibson, Cleverley, probably Besic too) before even thinking of moving on the decently productive ones.