IGNORED

James McCarthy

Yeah, Mr. Reliable!

But when fit is Mr Capable. An excellent player underrated because he is injury prone. Would suit Martinez style better than most. Sees passes that nobody else in this squad does. Continuously looking to play forward.

Excellent player and just wish he could get a bit of luck to prove the doubters wrong. If he was fit he'd be nailed in the starting 11.

But when fit is Mr Capable. An excellent player underrated because he is injury prone. Would suit Martinez style better than most. Sees passes that nobody else in this squad does. Continuously looking to play forward.

Excellent player and just wish he could get a bit of luck to prove the doubters wrong. If he was fit he'd be nailed in the starting 11.

Not debating his ability, he showed that when he had a good run of games, but he just can't stay fit. Which is unfortunate and means we should be looking for someone to replace him, someone we can rely on to be available when the first choices need a rest or are injured.

Even if it is untrue, McCarthy isn't going to be match sharp. We may be expecting a bit much from him thinking he'll hit the ground running and play 90 mins in a game like the derby.

I agree 100% with this, which is why I'll be disappointed if he's thrown straight back in. Last season we did it in the Anfield Derby with a clutch of players because it was necessary, but there's no need to do it with McCarthy this time round with Besic having shown he's capable of doing the job.

I agree 100% with this, which is why I'll be disappointed if he's thrown straight back in. Last season we did it in the Anfield Derby with a clutch of players because it was necessary, but there's no need to do it with McCarthy this time round with Besic having shown he's capable of doing the job.

Besic in the Derby? My word, that's a recipe for a first half sending off.

Besic in the Derby? My word, that's a recipe for a first half sending off.

I don't think so. Disciplinary record was a bit worrying when we got him but despite getting a fair few early yellows he's not come close to a red as far as I can remember, Seems to know how to throttle back a little on the aggression (after introducing himself) without losing effectiveness.

I don't think so. Disciplinary record was a bit worrying when we got him but despite getting a fair few early yellows he's not come close to a red as far as I can remember, Seems to know how to throttle back a little on the aggression (after introducing himself) without losing effectiveness.

Spurs away, could have quite easily been sent off. He was already on a yellow (I think) when he brought someone down in the box late in the game. Could easily have been a penalty and a straight red on another day.

That said he's not jumping in anywhere near as much as he was.

The disciplinary records of any of the players in the DM position doesn't worry me.

The job they have to do, the way they gave to do that job means, to me, they are most likely to pick up yellows and reds. Hazard of the job!!!

The way Besic plays is just what we needed. Not long ago many where saying (Inc. Me) how we are to soft, don't tackle hard enough, aren't intimidating enough for opponents. Then Besic comes along and gives us all that and some, and now we might be worried if he gets sent off? Not for me. It's part and parcel of what players like Besic and McCarthy bring to the team. For every yellow they get, they break up 5 attacks.

I hope Besic does start. And sticks it right up them.

The disciplinary records of any of the players in the DM position doesn't worry me.

The job they have to do, the way they gave to do that job means, to me, they are most likely to pick up yellows and reds. Hazard of the job!!!

The way Besic plays is just what we needed. Not long ago many where saying (Inc. Me) how we are to soft, don't tackle hard enough, aren't intimidating enough for opponents. Then Besic comes along and gives us all that and some, and now we might be worried if he gets sent off? Not for me. It's part and parcel of what players like Besic and McCarthy bring to the team. For every yellow they get, they break up 5 attacks.

I hope Besic does start. And sticks it right up them.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-8589980

Interesting that he says he's doing some stuff different, like his in soles etc.

Amongst the many criticisms Martinez has taken this season is that of the injuries. Seemed to peak when that Donachie left.

McCarthys situation is a another test for Martinez credentials.

So glad he's back though. And to get through 90 minutes straight in is testament to his fitness and condition.