IGNORED

James McCarthy

Oh watch the shite on here if he plays and we win on Saturday. If we don't expect some stats that prove he was the best performer and it was the other 10 players fault we didn't win.

Just re-read this, the comment bothers me...

Not "I'm glad he's back because stats show we have more of a chance of winning with him in the side and we desperately need the points - I hope he is the magic ingrediant because all other excuses have been exhausted"

I think the first thing that will happen on Saturday if we win and he plays a big part is that Everton will have 3 points on the board and we are step in the right direction.

Unfortunately MC, you seem to have a conflict of interests... Your admiration for Mirallas and constant need for him to prove you are some sort of tactical mastermind has led to you opposing and diluting the importance of McCarthy "just because you don't rate him as much as everyone else" - the very fact people state that he is as important if not more important than Mirallas has really peeved you off.

Now you are in a situation where after spending hours trying to dismiss my stats that point to his importance that we have a situation where he can be a hero... Yes, we all now how quick you are to take to the keyboard when Mirallas does something great and how you took some serious stick after his selfish "its my ball" vs WBA.... but seriously just get yoiur priorities straight.

I want 3 points so much on Saturday that even if McCarthy plays out of his skin and single handedly earns us the win I will not be on here point scoring - thats me making you know where my priorities lie.

I just hope the lad is as fit as can be and he gives us the stability we have missed for a while now.

Just re-read this, the comment bothers me...

Not "I'm glad he's back because stats show we have more of a chance of winning with him in the side and we desperately need the points - I hope he is the magic ingrediant because all other excuses have been exhausted"

I think the first thing that will happen on Saturday if we win and he plays a big part is that Everton will have 3 points on the board and we are step in the right direction.

Unfortunately MC, you seem to have a conflict of interests... Your admiration for Mirallas and constant need for him to prove you are some sort of tactical mastermind has led to you opposing and diluting the importance of McCarthy "just because you don't rate him as much as everyone else" - the very fact people state that he is as important if not more important than Mirallas has really peeved you off.

Now you are in a situation where after spending hours trying to dismiss my stats that point to his importance that we have a situation where he can be a hero... Yes, we all now how quick you are to take to the keyboard when Mirallas does something great and how you took some serious stick after his selfish "its my ball" vs WBA.... but seriously just get yoiur priorities straight.

I want 3 points so much on Saturday that even if McCarthy plays out of his skin and single handedly earns us the win I will not be on here point scoring - thats me making you know where my priorities lie.

I just hope the lad is as fit as can be and he gives us the stability we have missed for a while now.

You should maybe get a job.

At what point have I ever spent "hours" looking at stats. That's you not me.

Just find yourself an employer. You have far too much time on your hands. Mirallas has shown he's our best player.

Edited by MC11

Mirralas is our most explosive player bot our best.

You really need to look at players that have a low point of 6.5 to 7 a match...those are our best.

Still say Baines is our best player. He even plays average when off form. Rarely can I say he has been bad...quiet but safe at worst.

McCarthy has also had a quiet season..but again I couldn't say he has been bad.

Mirralas has been amazing at times and non existent in others.

West Ham game is a great example. Came on and people were asking if he actually stepped onto the pitch...Then Bam!

Edited by Shukes

Mirralas is our most explosive player bot our best.

You really need to look at players that have a low point of 6.5 to 7 a match...those are our best.

Still say Baines is our best player. He even plays average when off form. Rarely can I say he has been bad...quiet but safe at worst.

McCarthy has also had a quiet season..but again I couldn't say he has been bad.

Mirralas has been amazing at times and non existential others.

West Ham game is a great example. Came on and people were asking if he actually stepped onto the pitch...Then Bam!

Couldn't help but laugh at this! Autocorrect?

You should maybe get a job.

At what point have I ever spent "hours" looking at stats. That's you not me.

Just find yourself an employer. You have far too much time on your hands. Mirallas has shown he's our best player.

You need to learn to read - spent hours "dismissing" is what I said. If you actually spent that time looking at stats then maybe you wouldn't spout so much nonsense and contradiction. It actually doesn't take me long to put a post together with some stats.

If I was unemployed which fortunately is not the case then I would take serious exception to your comments - some people on here may well be unemployed and it ain't a matter for ridicule.

Mirallas has shown he's our best player.

Mirallas shows moments of brilliance. Ill give you that. He is a very, very good player and a player I hope stays at Everton for a long time. But when (this season) has Mirallas shown that he is our best player? Its actually the opposite according to stats. (and these took 2 minutes to find)

We have won 19 % of the games that Mirallas has featured in. We have won 33% of the games that Mirallas didn't take part in.

The stats actually say that we lose more with Mirallas on the pitch.

Of course its difficult to draw the line at Mirallas, in order for the stats to be accurate you would have to consider which other 10 players featured in those 16 games. Did McCarthy figure in those games?

Im sick of the whole debate though. I would say that skill for skill, Mirallas is probably a better player than McCarthy. (Mirallas probably wins on speed, control, skills on the ball, taking on players, shooting, dead ball etc but McCarthy would probably win on decisions, passing, eye for the game, defending, tackling, marking etc) But the question I find interesting is "Who is the most important to Everton?" or "Who do we miss the most?" I also believe that the first question was the question to begin with that started this whole argument.

I cant change your mind MC11, I really don't want to either. But I do hope that insults stop. And I really cant stand the whole "You don't go to games, there for your devotion to Everton is more of a hobby" argument that you have used.

Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that because this is getting really old.

You need to learn to read - spent hours "dismissing" is what I said. If you actually spent that time looking at stats then maybe you wouldn't spout so much nonsense and contradiction. It actually doesn't take me long to put a post together with some stats. If I was unemployed which fortunately is not the case then I would take serious exception to your comments - some people on here may well be unemployed and it ain't a matter for ridicule.

Hafnia. You are sacked. You're what's known in the workshop as a bullshitter.

Sorry to butt in guys but the below is actually about McCarthy!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/roberto-martinez-calls-unity-everton-8539208

Kinda makes sad reading, Evertons future hangs on the condition of a pair of hamstrings !

There has to be more to us than an easily beaten team when McCarthy isn't fit, otherwise if he limps of at Palace is our season over.

Come on Martinez, sign another McCarthy in January, inspire our other midfielders to win a game without James, do whatever it takes to stop us being dependant on the lad.