IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

How come the Man City investigation seemed to proceed quicker? I know it was adults.

CPS obviously thought they had enough evidence to charge the guy, with our guy they're still investigating; I know personally that cases like these involving children can take an age, and no, I wasn't the suspect.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

CPS obviously thought they had enough evidence to charge the guy, with our guy they're still investigating; I know personally that cases like these involving children can take an age, and no, I wasn't the suspect.

Sure Mike, I know what you are saying.

This is a “Next Few Matches” post.  It assumes that Doucouré will be available in 2 weeks.

Even if our back 4 (any 4) improve, they’re likely to be average at very best, still prone to lapses.  So we need: (1) 3-man midfield, and (2) goals.

Good news is we have some attacking talent in Gray, Richarlison, Gordon, and DCL.

Bad news is we can’t have on the pitch at the same time both our preferred 3 in midfield and all 4 of our attackers.  (Unless we go 3 at the back.....  Nope.)

Best options seem to be: (1) 4-3-2-1, with DCL, whose lengthy absence has set him back noticeably, on bench, 2d half sub.

Or (2): 4-4-2, with Gomes on bench, 2d half sub.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wonder what the club are going to do about next seasons season tickets after already announcing they’ll be going up next season. They usually go on sale April time I think, but how can they justify charging extra when they can’t be sure what division we’ll be in?

There will be extra games in the Championship 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

He's not wrong is he. He has a dig at us in a few places (to be expected given what a nob he is) but he is not wrong. We are completely lacking strategically. Nothing the other 200 posts on our managerial strategy is not already covering. Sad times indeed.

I think he sums it up perfectly to be honest

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Should we send the the better players out to face Brentford in the cup or hold back and make sure they’re fit and ready to face Newcastle in the league. 

I’d play the players that need match fitness, so I’d have DCL out there, and maybe Richarlison too. I’d start Townsend, Mykolenko and Patterson. 

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere so apologise in advanced but fan behaviour in that game was disgusting. I understand it can sometimes be one person but it’s not the first time this season.

Frustrations are high, understandable but throwing things at opposition players is never acceptable.

It’s not the sort of image I associate with our fans who are in general excellent.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere so apologise in advanced but fan behaviour in that game was disgusting. I understand it can sometimes be one person but it’s not the first time this season.

Frustrations are high, understandable but throwing things at opposition players is never acceptable.

It’s not the sort of image I associate with our fans who are in general excellent.

There was 36,000 Evertonians there. There was a handful of dickheads. We aren’t all the same. They were roundly condemned where I sit. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

There was 36,000 Evertonians there. There was a handful of dickheads. We aren’t all the same. They were roundly condemned where I sit. 

Good! I did say our fans are good for the most part but it’s good to hear the 99% that do the right thing are also making it clear it’s not acceptable. Just makes us look a lot worse than we need right now.

DCL was a notable absente for me.

Hopefully not injured/ill.

Be interesting to see if Gbamin gets a chance under him, with the 2 new guys not available and Doucoure out I'd be tempted to throw him in for the cup game on Saturday if he puts in a good shift in training.

You never know with a new manager, a bit of game time and staying fit he could actually do a job!