IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Hafs gonna be all over this haha!

Clever by the club, the questions are obviously  addressing the criticism’s he has been receiving recently.

Wearing training gear having some banter… what’s the problem?

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Wearing training gear having some banter… what’s the problem?

Haha there’s no problem. I just thought you may have picked up on the club setting it up to try to deflect some of the criticism… but I apologise and bow down.

Maybe it’s me looking to deeply now haha.

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Haha there’s no problem. I just thought you may have picked up on the club setting it up to try to deflect some of the criticism… but I apologise and bow down.

Maybe it’s me looking to deeply now haha.

Just mentioned on another thread….  The acceptance of the piss poor culture in our club is why we are where we are. 

im not talking about us being run like Sir Alf Ramsey was in charge but ffs the long sustained dose of apathy is gonna take some washing out. 

So Lampard arrived, tried to play fancy, it didn't work, to his credit he adapted and wasn't stubborn. It's not been easy, but I think we're all aware the squad he has at his disposal is very weak. What I will say is he has got a tune out of players who nobody else has yet. Iwobi has had his best spell by far in a blue shirt. Holgate looks to be improving. Delph has been a huge part of our relegation battle despite playing a hand full of games. Pickford has also had his best games this season under him.

I feel somewhat optimistic we are on the right track. The problem now lies in keeping Richarlison and to an extent DCL. I've read Dom isn't Lampard's preferred type of no. 9, but worry that if both of them leave we will struggle to replace their goals. I honestly see Richy leaving, DCL touch and go. Hopefully we can reinvest wisely for once. Iwobi, Dele and Gordon are going to need to be a big part of our squad next season.

How would people compare this team to the Mike Walker then Joe Royle “Dogs of war”. This was the last time I remember us in such a poor state. 

For me we need a defensive coach. Chelsea were poor at defending and so are we.

With no money, are there any in youth team good enough that will or should break through next season?

We celebrated because it meant so much to us. Who gives shit what your celebrating...you could be celebrating your grandmas birthday for all I care: if you're passionate enough and it's means enough to you then you should celebrate it. 

I'm pretty sure jordan has celebrated success in his clubs that were not perceived as achievements by others. Palace beating any top half side back in the day probably. 

#rantover