IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

He's been cleared of any wrong doing, so how do you reach the conclusion that he ruined anything?

So you actually think he never slept with the babysitter. 
if so are they going to get charged with wasting police time. 
apparently the doubt was about the girls age. 
I do think he was set up but that’s beside the point. 

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Perhaps @London Blue can provide some perspective.

I find it staggering that the case was open so long and he was never charged. I am not say that I think he should've been charged - I actually don't/can't have an informed opinion because I don't know the inner workings of the case - I just find it incredible that they keep the case open for so long without bringing charges. Surely they could've known earlier that the evidence didn't meet their thresholds.

He has had his life irrevocably impacted and I just think the police could've made a determination one way or the other sooner.

Complex cases, especially ones with children can take along time to investigate. Two years is along time, but as others have said the CPS will often ask for more evidence once a case is submitted too them, which Police have to find, which can lead to more questions and so on. 

Ultimately CPS will decide what if anything a person is charged with. I imagine there were regular reviews of the case. The threshold is usually a realistic chance of conviction in court. With juvenile evidence this can be hard.

We operate with innocent until proven guilty. So he is innocent. We don't know the facts so have to trust the decision. 

36 minutes ago, patto said:

So you actually think he never slept with the babysitter. 
if so are they going to get charged with wasting police time. 
apparently the doubt was about the girls age. 
I do think he was set up but that’s beside the point. 

I know as little as you do, I'm just not willing to judge him. The legal system says he's innocent so he is, whatever your opinion.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Complex cases, especially ones with children can take along time to investigate. Two years is along time, but as others have said the CPS will often ask for more evidence once a case is submitted too them, which Police have to find, which can lead to more questions and so on. 

Ultimately CPS will decide what if anything a person is charged with. I imagine there were regular reviews of the case. The threshold is usually a realistic chance of conviction in court. With juvenile evidence this can be hard.

We operate with innocent until proven guilty. So he is innocent. We don't know the facts so have to trust the decision. 

Right, big difference between "innocent" and "didn't do anything scuzzy".  Police obviously presented material to CPS that polic thought were worth something.  CPS says it didn't meet charge approval standards.  Having briefly worked in and around that interface the gap between the evidence gathered and the charge approval standard could be massive (ie: all a misunderstanding), or it could be very little (ie: not quite enough direct evidence to prove intent).  

Proud that Everton, unlike some other unnamed club currently aiming for the title, actually took decisive action.  

2 hours ago, patto said:

How do you know it’s crap you don’t have a Scooby what it was all about. 

Because after 2 years of investigation he's been cleared. So your opinion is without merit, at all.

Unless, of course, you have some actual proof, in which case you should've been in contact with the authorities. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think there was anything sarcastic about what they said to you tbh. They were being totally serious after you made a pretty strong allegation.

So everyone thinks he was innocent let’s see what comes next. 
I presume the girl will be charged and the guy who leaked it months before it came out will be. 
so let’s just wait and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

All I said was he was foolish then the usual sarcastic abuse starts by the usual suspects. 

I think you are confusing “the usual suspects” with the people who are responsible for the site trying to keep some sense of order regarding quite a serious topic.