IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

On 19/04/2023 at 19:51, Shukes said:

Here we go again. Hate it when I hear “Everton beat insert name” 

Great that we got him from the mighty Southampton, but I’ll judge him after a season of recruitment.

If he’s recruiting 16-21 year olds it may be a little unfair to judge him after just a season. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

If he’s recruiting 16-21 year olds it may be a little unfair to judge him after just a season. 

After our last ten seasons I do t want to wait any longer before we decide if our recruitment is any good.

Im sure a season is long enough to assess if someone is good at their job or not. 

Otherwise we should have gave Frank a few more seasons before.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

After our last ten seasons I do t want to wait any longer before we decide if our recruitment is any good.

Im sure a season is long enough to assess if someone is good at their job or not. 

Otherwise we should have gave Frank a few more seasons before.

Well if he brings in a few teenagers who need time to develop you won’t see if they are good enough in one season. 

Very different comparing the job of the first team manager to that of someone who is effectively a scout. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Well if he brings in a few teenagers who need time to develop you won’t see if they are good enough in one season. 

Very different comparing the job of the first team manager to that of someone who is effectively a scout. 

If he has been in this role already, he should already have a portfolio of targets….. otherwise for me it’s easy to see why we beat so many to this prized signature.

We should be able to see quickly the quality of the young lads he brings in. 
I watch a lot of the U23 and U18s, and although difficult to see if they will make it at the top level… it’s quite easy to see the difference between a young lad with good potential and a standard professional.

My point stands regardless though. Doesn’t matter what position or title….. I have heard so many times that we have fought of clubs to bring (insert name) in…. Only to find out there was a reason we beat others to it in the first place.

I will get excited when I have something to be excited about and hopefully not be disappointed yet again.

I refuse to let you drag me into thinking this board have done something good! Optimism is what kills Evertonians, and I refuse to go without a fight!

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If he has been in this role already, he should already have a portfolio of targets….. otherwise for me it’s easy to see why we beat so many to this prized signature.

We should be able to see quickly the quality of the young lads he brings in. 
I watch a lot of the U23 and U18s, and although difficult to see if they will make it at the top level… it’s quite easy to see the difference between a young lad with good potential and a standard professional.

My point stands regardless though. Doesn’t matter what position or title….. I have heard so many times that we have fought of clubs to bring (insert name) in…. Only to find out there was a reason we beat others to it in the first place.

I will get excited when I have something to be excited about and hopefully not be disappointed yet again.

I refuse to let you drag me into thinking this board have done something good! Optimism is what kills Evertonians, and I refuse to go without a fight!

Ok, I’ll reword. In a season you won’t see any effect on the first team from him. 

Just had this email

As a supporter in the Howard Kendall Gwladys Street, we wanted to make you aware of some of the activity that will be taking place prior to tomorrow's game.

At recent home games, the Club has been working alongside fan groups on the banner displays that greet the players as they emerge from the tunnel.

For the game against Newcastle United tomorrow evening a range of banners will be draped from the Upper Gwladys Street into the lower tier. These banners will be supported by two further fan-created banners that fellow Evertonians in sections GT3 and GT4 of the Lower Gwladys Street will be holding above their heads as the siren and Z-Cars play.

More information on some of the activity planned, including details of a coach greeting and background on the banners that will be displayed in the Lower Gwladys Steet, can be found in a blog by one of the fan groups the Club is working closely with. Click here to read more.

The Club and members of all the fan groups involved in this activity would like to thank you for your continued support and your contribution to the matchday atmosphere.

COYB

Everton Football Club

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just had this email

As a supporter in the Howard Kendall Gwladys Street, we wanted to make you aware of some of the activity that will be taking place prior to tomorrow's game.

At recent home games, the Club has been working alongside fan groups on the banner displays that greet the players as they emerge from the tunnel.

For the game against Newcastle United tomorrow evening a range of banners will be draped from the Upper Gwladys Street into the lower tier. These banners will be supported by two further fan-created banners that fellow Evertonians in sections GT3 and GT4 of the Lower Gwladys Street will be holding above their heads as the siren and Z-Cars play.

More information on some of the activity planned, including details of a coach greeting and background on the banners that will be displayed in the Lower Gwladys Steet, can be found in a blog by one of the fan groups the Club is working closely with. Click here to read more.

The Club and members of all the fan groups involved in this activity would like to thank you for your continued support and your contribution to the matchday atmosphere.

COYB

Everton Football Club

Do you think this has come from Dave Prentice 

• 2 weeks later...