IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

If down to me I wouldn’t appeal against the 10 points deduction even though it’s grossly overboard, I would gain more pleasure in staying up with the 10 points deduction and throwing it back in their horrible smug faces, the PL is broken when it comes to the officials that run it but thanks to the other factors out of their control it’s still the best league in the world. 

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m not paying for it but by all the articles etc coming out after the ludicrous punishment it might be the best thing that’s happened. They’ve fucked themselves big time. 

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not paying for it but by all the articles etc coming out after the ludicrous punishment it might be the best thing that’s happened. They’ve fucked themselves big time. 

I said this…. It was bad enough that people suspected the EPL were bent due to VAR decisions etc - this case has well and truly revealed them to be what they are.

I’m expecting resignations. 

On 18/11/2023 at 17:40, Hafnia said:

john Blaine mentioned this yesterday.    

as I said a long time ago…. I’m not sure how dbb and ingles managed to get the highly paid role that they did.  Well yeah we do don’t we….

They did both offer to speak at the hearing, but the Iranian cunt who is responsible for all the woes of this club for the past 7 years refused their offer and once again fucked up by going solo to the hearing, and by all accounts made an absolute twat of himself due to his lack of knowledge, so they ripped him a new arsehole and gave us 10 point deduction more because of our Mickey Mouse approach I suspect. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

They did both offer to speak at the hearing, but the Iranian cunt who is responsible for all the woes of this club for the past 7 years refused their offer and once again fucked up by going solo to the hearing, and by all accounts made an absolute twat of himself due to his lack of knowledge, so they ripped him a new arsehole and gave us 10 point deduction more because of our Mickey Mouse approach I suspect. 

Where did you get this?  Thats not the version of things I heard at all 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

By one account, not by all accounts. 
Most reports are that they refused to give evidence.
One not very well respected website says DBB offered. 
Add to that it’s very public who the law firm was that represented the club, so I think it’s pretty safe to say Moshiri didn’t represent the club. He may have given evidence though. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nicely written article. The point (IAN HERBERT: The goalposts moved in Everton's case...that's why punishment is so unfair | Daily Mail Online) brings up about 'moving the goalposts' regarding the interest on loans is absolutely critical. I think our appeal lawyers will do better to focus on points of law rather than merely pleading against the severity of the sentence. Seems to me the PL have acted disingenuously as well as disproportionately and we should be going after them. The arbitrary imposition of the sentence mid-season also punishes the club, affecting morale and performance. I hope for an excoriating attack on the PL in our appeal with whatever legal action taken against them if they are indeed acting mala fides, in bad faith.   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67477218

Appeal made. 

Edit: this might give us some hope?

"Sources have pointed to Sheffield Wednesday receiving a 12-point deduction three years ago for a "much clearer breach" on spending rules over the sale of their Hillsborough Stadium, with that sanction being halved on appeal."

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67477218

Appeal made. 

Edit: this might give us some hope?

"Sources have pointed to Sheffield Wednesday receiving a 12-point deduction three years ago for a "much clearer breach" on spending rules over the sale of their Hillsborough Stadium, with that sanction being halved on appeal."

Now that IS clickbait! You have claimed the appeal has been made when the resultant article clearly states it has not happened yet 😡😜

copied form the response to Andy Burnhams letter

Instead, the letter argues, the league’s recommendation on a possible sanction (believed to be 12 points in total) was a one-off calculation based on the known elements of the case, and formed part of a standard process.

So a one off calculation indicates to me they are making  things up as they go along.