IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

who should he have gotten instead?

An assistant with more experience or Unsworth if promoting from within. This move crys of keeping your mates close. Could see another Martinez revolt or who knows Boa Morte might be good enough. Time will tell. 

45 minutes ago, pete0 said:

An assistant with more experience or Unsworth if promoting from within. This move crys of keeping your mates close. Could see another Martinez revolt or who knows Boa Morte might be good enough. Time will tell. 

Exactly. Unsworth fits the bill perfectly. 

LBM, know nothing about him other than him being a very average player. As you say, time will tell and we’ve just got to trust Silva and Brands on this. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I don’t see the problem with appointing a ‘friend’. You want your manager and assistant to have a close relationship and most managers will have an assistant they know. 

It’s just completely left field and a bit odd. 

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t see the problem with appointing a ‘friend’. You want your manager and assistant to have a close relationship and most managers will have an assistant they know. 

Nobody questioned João Pedro Sousa when he came in with Marco though and I doubt any of us have any idea what his career path was to that point. Number two is a glorified fetch and carry man doing what he's told so I've no worries.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rather someone got it on merit. Boa Morte's got very little experience. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luis-boa-morte/profil/trainer/31590

Also as a friend there's more chance of him being a yes man. Rather someone with more experience or someone from within the club who understands what 'Everton' is. 

20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Be interesting to find out what he has to bring to the table, to be fair I no problem Silva will have the final say in what happens in training and match days. 

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Wasn’t Mourinho an interpreter at Barca for bobby robson? Boa Morte has experience of playing football at a decent level and he is obviously a good coach. 

What makes you think he's a good coach? 

Loads of players are bad it. Stan Collymore and Pearson being the first names of many that come to mind. 

Looking at Boa Morte's history he's quit management to be a scout at Arsenal and had a year out (for all I know could have been personal reasons) but on paper hardly looks like he's the best option. 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

My mistake but it's still all as a number two to Marco, so you just have to trust him to pick the right guy to step into the shoes. Time will tell.

Just a worry bringing him might rock the boat. Bad blood with another coach already here and Everton in general. People kicked off over Koeman not getting Everton with his red Christmas tree. Personally not arsed about red baubles but this appointment is much worse. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Just a worry bringing him might rock the boat. Bad blood with another coach already here and Everton in general. People kicked off over Koeman not getting Everton with his red Christmas tree. Personally not arsed about red baubles but this appointment is much worse. 

How do you know there is bad blood with Ferguson?  I don’t know he’s a good coach but I have faith that people that know a lot more than I do think he is.

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If you think Dunc would harbour a grudge for so many years given his persona now I think you're maybe a poor judge of character (in this case).

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

How do you know there is bad blood with Ferguson?  I don’t know he’s a good coach but I have faith that people that know a lot more than I do think he is.

Hence why I said 'might'. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

If you think Dunc would harbour a grudge for so many years given his persona now I think you're maybe a poor judge of character (in this case).

I can't imagine Boa Morte has reading the interview albeit 15 years ago. Only see Dunc being arsed if Boa Morte brings it up again or tries to force him out. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Hence why I said 'might'. 

I can't imagine Boa Morte has reading the interview albeit 15 years ago. Only see Dunc being arsed if Boa Morte brings it up again or tries to force him out. 

Switched off at "hence why".

Inexcusable. There is poor spelling, poor grammar, poor literacy, illiteracy and then there's "hence why".:majoroverreactionalert:

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/19/hence-why/

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nobody questioned João Pedro Sousa when he came in with Marco though and I doubt any of us have any idea what his career path was to that point. Number two is a glorified fetch and carry man doing what he's told so I've no worries.

Disagree. A number two has to have more or less the same ideals but also a different opinion and challenges the manager. Assistant doesn’t mean butler, or shouldn’t at least 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Steve Round and Graeme Jones beg to differ.  they both did fuck all

Didn’t say it was a recipe for perfection. My team constantly challenge me, and I encourage it. Doesn’t mean they’re always right or in the right job, but they should still be on the same page to deliver the objective. Yes men are the download anything 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Didn’t say it was a recipe for perfection. My team constantly challenge me, and I encourage it. Doesn’t mean they’re always right or in the right job

When I was in a management position (many moons ago now) my number two often challenged me, I told her to f'ck off 90% of the time (99% of the time before I'd been to the pub for lunch, she knew to wait for the afternoon:D).

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

When I was in a management position (many moons ago now) my number two often challenged me, I told her to f'ck off 90% of the time (99% of the time before I'd been to the pub for lunch, she knew to wait for the afternoon:D).

But she gave you cause to think, and that’s what is important 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

But she gave you cause to think, and that’s what is important 

Without a doubt, she was sadly a blind lass whose hearing was incredible (lack of one sense increasing others as I think often happens) and I was horrible to her for years, well not really horrible but pointed out on many occasion that Joe Public didn't have her ears. Last I heard she was working for a charity for partially sighted/blind people, heart of gold; and we actually did get on well together despite my hangover grumpiness:).

I run my own business or should I say own, I have managers and supervisors who do the day today on the ground stuff, but they do so how I want with in the boundaries that I have set out, If they stick to the guidelines we have less aggravation and confrontation with our clients and ourselves, which means I have less to worry about. 

Silva will set out his plan to who ever his number two is and his coaches, they won’t all be doing what they want not a chance. 

Everton are a professional club. The number two will have his own mind and ideas. He will follow the overall picture that the manager has set out, but will use his/her own set of skills and ideas to being the final picture into fruition.

Without a doubt, we will be hiring a person with a strong character and attributes.

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

I run my own business or should I say own, I have managers and supervisors who do the day today on the ground stuff, but they do so how I want with in the boundaries that I have set out, If they stick to the guidelines we have less aggravation and confrontation with our clients and ourselves, which means I have less to worry about. 

Silva will set out his plan to who ever his number two is and his coaches, they won’t all be doing what they want not a chance. 

You and PeteO could run a country 😉