IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

48 minutes ago, Aidan said:

According to various media sources the EPL fixture list has been leaked. If it's legit, we open at home to Newcastle. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-fixtures-leaked-news-16416511

This happens every season and every season it’s bollocks. 

Also, Sky don’t have the 12:30 games on a Saturday now. BT have those and Sky the 5:30 games. 

Open letter to the Mods  

Why was the Gana and Kenny threads closed, I didn’t notice any abusive posts unless I missed something, there could be an argument that some are fed up with going over the same ground again and again, but for some this clearly isn’t the case. 

If the latter is the reason then people can choose their rights to ignore or get involved, after all it has provided some entertainment in the closed season, could who ever made the decision to close please explain so that I may better understand the reason or reasons why. 

I thank you in anticipation of your response. 

Kind regards

Palfy  ( disgruntled member)

I closed the Kenny thread, I’m as guilty as anyone for getting dragged into that argument. But it needs to be in the Gana thread. 

We used to do the same thing when Lukaku would take over other threads. 

Yes, threads will go off topic, it’s part of why this place is so good. But when thread about one player becomes page after page of another, it’s a bit too much.

I plan on reopening the Kenny thread later today, to talk about Kenny. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

I closed the Kenny thread, I’m as guilty as anyone for getting dragged into that argument. But it needs to be in the Gana thread. 

We used to do the same thing when Lukaku would take over other threads. 

Yes, threads will go off topic, it’s part of why this place is so good. But when thread about one player becomes page after page of another, it’s a bit too much.

I plan on reopening the Kenny thread later today, to talk about Kenny. 

Very understandable I also got embroiled with Gana in the Kenny thread through the Martina incident, so equally guilty on that one 

Would you know why the Gana thread has been removed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just read something that I'm amazed I've never been aware of before; as we won the league title in 1914/15 and in 1938/39 we've in fact held the league championship for twenty years! Have I been thick for decades for not realising this? So actually we're tied with United and two ahead of Liverpool:lol:.

Also always thought that Arsenal had never been relegated when in fact they were, as Woolwich Arsenal, in 1912/13; different name but same club.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Just read something that I'm amazed I've never been aware of before; as we won the league title in 1914/15 and in 1938/39 we've in fact held the league championship for twenty years! Have I been thick for decades for not realising this? So actually we're tied with United and two ahead of Liverpool:lol:.

Also always thought that Arsenal had never been relegated when in fact they were, as Woolwich Arsenal, in 1912/13; different name but same club.

Knew the first one. But always thought the Arsenal not being relegated was true. That’s a sly way is using a name change to make a record.

Another thing, been bored today so getting geeky:lol:, if Villa hadn't have sneaked in through the play-offs we could've lost the forever quoted, "most played top flight fixture" when we play them, at least partially. We've played them 202 times and Liverpool 200 times so it would've been tied top; I've no doubt that before long they'll go down again and the Derby will take over top spot.

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Another thing, been bored today so getting geeky:lol:, if Villa hadn't have sneaked in through the play-offs we could've lost the forever quoted, "most played top flight fixture" when we play them, at least partially. We've played them 202 times and Liverpool 200 times so it would've been tied top; I've no doubt that before long they'll go down again and the Derby will take over top spot.

Jesus Mike if you ever get that bored again get yourself a good book or go to bed 😜

Where are our new signings will we be getting left further behind by the top 6 in our quest to join them, we’ve added  nothing to the team in reality from last season? in fact we have probably gone one step back if we don’t manage to secure Zouma.

I have mentioned this before and been offered advice as to why it’s been very quiet for us, but those excuses have now passed and teams above and around us seem to be getting on with their business under the same restraints if they exist at all. 

Surly I can’t be the only one concerned at players not coming in and preseason already underway, I thought we were turning a corner but it seems like the same old story to me always fucking last to the party, come on Everton fucking get a move  on we’re even last to get our shirt unveiled, and don’t anyone tell me good things come to those who wait because that shirt proves otherwise it’s shite. 

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think you are the only one concerned. 

To go to the top end of the scale, Barca started talking to Griezeman in February, agreed his contract in March, he told Atletico he wants to go in May. He’s still not a Barca player. 

De Ligt agreed everything with Juve about five weeks ago, he’s still an Ajax player. 

Its not a case of putting a bid in today, then the player turns up for a medical tomorrow and signs on Monday. It takes time mate. 

We’ll have first choice targets, and second and third. They will explore all options with the first before moving to the second, and then repeat. As transfers get more complicated and more agents and lawyers and sponsors get involved, it all takes longer. Transfers will take weeks to complete nowadays. 

Copa America and AFCON is still on going as well. We might want to buy a Brazilian.  

We clearly want Zouma, that’s going to take time with Lampard going in. We might not get into second choice for a few weeks if we don’t get him. 

A well measured response. ‘Last to the party’ a few teams have signed a few players and that includes us. Yes Gomes was on loan last year but he wasn’t our player. He is now and I think that’s a cracking piece of business. I’m not concerned as yet in any shape or form. However Palfy I do agree with you about the shirt. I’m not a fan. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I think you are the only one concerned. 

To go to the top end of the scale, Barca started talking to Griezeman in February, agreed his contract in March, he told Atletico he wants to go in May. He’s still not a Barca player. 

De Ligt agreed everything with Juve about five weeks ago, he’s still an Ajax player. 

Its not a case of putting a bid in today, then the player turns up for a medical tomorrow and signs on Monday. It takes time mate. 

We’ll have first choice targets, and second and third. They will explore all options with the first before moving to the second, and then repeat. As transfers get more complicated and more agents and lawyers and sponsors get involved, it all takes longer. Transfers will take weeks to complete nowadays. 

Copa America and AFCON is still on going as well. We might want to buy a Brazilian.  

We clearly want Zouma, that’s going to take time with Lampard going in. We might not get into second choice for a few weeks if we don’t get him. 

Ok I accept your response about Griezeman and De Ligt but the business has been done, who have we agreed terms with teams and players that just have to sign on the line. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

A well measured response. ‘Last to the party’ a few teams have signed a few players and that includes us. Yes Gomes was on loan last year but he wasn’t our player. He is now and I think that’s a cracking piece of business. I’m not concerned as yet in any shape or form. However Palfy I do agree with you about the shirt. I’m not a fan. 

But as I said Gomes isn’t a new player from last season of course I’m made up we signed him, but where’s the CF RB CB CM left footed RW. 

We are meant to be moving forward not treading water, all those areas mentioned are areas that Brands and Silva have spoken of that need improvement.

32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I dont think we need many signings though do we? 

Two quality signings would be enough for me, unless someone leaves of course. I would rather see us build on our finish to the season than try to change it around.

Maybe but no sign of that happening yet, as it stands we’re one quality player down on last season not two up

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Maybe but no sign of that happening yet, as it stands we’re one quality player down on last season not two up

But the players have only been back a few days and a number of the international players (ones we’d want to sign) are either still away on international duty or on their hols! Your impatience is comical. Have you ever moved house? If so you’ll know it can’t be done in days! It’s similar.  Medical - contracts - finance - terms - wages - bonuses - buy ins - fees etc etc

If we not signed anyone by the end of the window then I’ll be concerned. Until then ........