IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

just watching the telly and Paul Merson just said  "why didn't Evertpn go for Rogers as manager?  I know he is ex Liverpool,  byt  wake up and smell the coffee."

I know just like any pundit he is paid for his opinion  but I really wish he would  keep his nose out of what we do.

• 3 weeks later...

Good piece.... I often hear that we got lucky but how many managers stumble on a winning formula and disregard it.... tinker and get too clever. 

Sharpe is spot on about the video needing to educate fans and players who don't know about the team of 84/85..... they are the standards we need to demand. Players get idolised for scoring more than 15 goals these days - we had a centre half who nearly got that many. 

45 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Good piece.... I often hear that we got lucky but how many managers stumble on a winning formula and disregard it.... tinker and get too clever. 

Sharpe is spot on about the video needing to educate fans and players who don't know about the team of 84/85..... they are the standards we need to demand. Players get idolised for scoring more than 15 goals these days - we had a centre half who nearly got that many. 

Applying a standard from 30 years ago has its issues though. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Proving that you don’t need to be defensive. Attack is the best form of defence. 

Apparently, nothing’s changed though and Silva is doing worse than Bisto Chops with the same team... :lol: 

With gana in the side??? Surely that doesn't happen