IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Bournemouth smashing Chelsea today, Leicester drawing against Liverpool, Newcastle beating city.....just thinking how we accept defeat by these clubs “as long as we put a good performance”

ive heard so many fans talk about promising performances against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and man utd. We picked up one point from the games combined.

On 30/01/2019 at 22:09, sydneyneil said:

Bournemouth smashing Chelsea today, Leicester drawing against Liverpool, Newcastle beating city.....just thinking how we accept defeat by these clubs “as long as we put a good performance”

ive heard so many fans talk about promising performances against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and man utd. We picked up one point from the games combined.

To be fair we also had some atrocious refereeing decisions go against us in big moments of most of those games

I don’t think I’ve ever been so ‘not arsed’ about Everton. After the stupid money being pissed away, having Big Sam and the build up/ chink of light at the beginning of this season to the collapse since the 94th minute at Anfield - my obsession will always be there but, for this season at least, I’m not that bothered - win, lose or draw!

I have backed silva for most part, any this post must be taken with a pinch of salt however what if we sacked Silva mid season and brought in a proper manager? 

There is method to the madness. 

Martinez was sacked at the end of a season - Koeman comes in and we do average. 

Koeman then sacked - Unsy was interim and then Allerdyce came in as a cautionary appointment to avoid the worst case scenario then we depart with him which I believe we were always going to do, then he was sacked at the end of the season and silva comes in for the summer. 

Say if we were able to bring in a decent name now, someone like Wenger off the top of my head, the players mentality and confidence could change and it could instill a bit of belief in the players, then we could take that momentum into next season with a little bit less pressure on us, as the manager would have had time to bed in. 

Just a thought, don't shoot me down here. Of course if it did happen it could all go tits up and we'd be in a worse position at the start of next summer.