IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Without wishing to appear lazy how far are the two teams behind us, but a great post would never of known that Mike thanks.

This was the top ten before the season started (conceded more than anyone else as well mind but playing more games than anyone else will make that inevitable)..

Capture.JPG

After today, we are exactly mid-table.  There are several teams below us by only a couple of points.  If we don't get a striker in the January window, then we will be lower mid-table before the end of February.  Burnley was a 'one-off'.  We put out a different strike force for every game.  The manager hasn't got a clue what his best formation and tactics are.  If we get a decent striker in, at least we will have consistency of selection in one position.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

After today, we are exactly mid-table.  There are several teams below us by only a couple of points.  If we don't get a striker in the January window, then we will be lower mid-table before the end of February.  Burnley was a 'one-off'.  We put out a different strike force for every game.  The manager hasn't got a clue what his best formation and tactics are.  If we get a decent striker in, at least we will have consistency of selection in one position.

I think he knows exactly what his best formation and tactics are, we have the toughest games schedule in the Premiership over the festive period so it makes perfect sense to rotate the squad

5 hours ago, johnh said:

Not a chance.

We're mid table because we've played 5 of the top 6 sides away so far this season.

I've every confidence we will finish 7th, possibly 8th but absolutely no lower than that.

24 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Not a chance.

We're mid table because we've played 5 of the top 6 sides away so far this season.

I've every confidence we will finish 7th, possibly 8th but absolutely no lower than that.

We probably will but every season the points difference between us at the top 6 is getting bigger, and for that reason I feel no pleasure in finishing 7th I struggle to see us ever getting past that.

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We probably will but every season the points difference between us at the top 6 is getting bigger, and for that reason I feel no pleasure in finishing 7th I struggle to see us ever getting past that.

Yeah agreed and I'm not taking pleasure either. The fact of the matter is though that we have foundations to be a top 6 team. Pickford, Digne, Gomes, Richy, Siggy, Bernard, possibly even Keane - all there or there abouts.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Yeah agreed and I'm not taking pleasure either. The fact of the matter is though that we have foundations to be a top 6 team. Pickford, Digne, Gomes, Richy, Siggy, Bernard, possibly even Keane - all there or there abouts.

Keane has been our best defender. I'm really happy he's kicked on this season. 

7 hours ago, aaron said:

Worth a rad this lads, absolutely spot on, atmosphere at Goodison is dead, I'm in the main stand and I can tell you now, its fucking dead as a dodo.

Mostly as going the football now is more a family day out rather than a piss up. 

Is a bit quite but the crowd do liven up in reaction to good (and bad) stuff on the pitch. Much rather that than the monotonous drowning of some of the other sets of fans, looking at you Stoke and that fecking Blackburn drummer! Noise loses its value/impact if it's just never ending chanting. 

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

Mostly as going the football now is more a family day out rather than a piss up. 

Is a bit quite but the crowd do liven up in reaction to good (and bad) stuff on the pitch. Much rather that than the monotonous drowning of some of the other sets of fans, looking at you Stoke and that fecking Blackburn drummer! Noise loses its value/impact if it's just never ending chanting. 

20 seconds of EVERTON, EVERTON isn'tt exactly living up though, although this could depend on where you are sitting, as a main stand sitter I can tell you now, its very rare anything gets sung in there, its depressing as fuck.

2 hours ago, aaron said:

20 seconds of EVERTON, EVERTON isn'ttt exactly living up though, although this could depend on where you are sitting, as a main stand sitter I can tell you now, its very rare anything gets sung in there, its depressing as fuck.

I'm up on the top balcony towards the Gladys Street and it's rare you'd even get that but most fans react to the action which I prefer over singing as I'm not much of a choir boy.

Don't know if it's still the same but sat in the Park End once and everyone stayed seated for the full game, weird when I was on the edge of my seat and then went to stand up on me own. 

For me the atmosphere is created by the excitement of the fans not the singing. On a good day there's a crackle in the air before you even get in the ground but those are few and far between.