IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Good article. Echos many thoughts on here. Will be interesting to see how the defensive conundrum pans out. 

Personally I think it would be harsh on Zouma if it is him to he dropped as he has been solid, but the fact remains he isnt our player, and the manager may prefer to build with our own players.

Thanks for reading Shukes. Agree with you on Zouma. He is quicker than Mina and Keane so may be preferred because of that. Wouldn't blame Silva whatever he chooses. It's good to have the dilemma for this reason rather than what we had to put up with last year!

1 hour ago, The Street End said:

Morning blues. New to the forum and giving it a go. Usually lurk on the WSAG forum.

I also write for this Everton blog, the Street End.

Here's the latest article if anyone is interested.

https://www.thestreetend.com/marco-silvas-everton-list/

Hope it's ok to post it here. Cheers.

I'll be surprised if we don't switch to a 3 at the back. At least to try it.

7 hours ago, The Street End said:

Morning blues. New to the forum and giving it a go. Usually lurk on the WSAG forum.

I also write for this Everton blog, the Street End.

Here's the latest article if anyone is interested.

https://www.thestreetend.com/marco-silvas-everton-list/

Hope it's ok to post it here. Cheers.

At the beginning of the season I said I didn't think Baines would be happy sitting on the bench, especially if he thinks that he still has a lot of football at a high level left in him.

On your point of who should play a long side Keane I would choose Mina over Zouma purely based on that there doesn't seem a lot between them, but Mina is an Everton player and Zouma a loanee and it would appear doubtful that he will sign so play Mina it would be more beneficial in the long term to give him the playing time to form a partnership with Keane.

For me a striker is a must we create so many chances but aren't clinical enough in front of goal, even against United and Chelsea there is an argument that with the amount of clear and half chances we created if we had a decent striker we could have won those games, but it's the hardest position to fill in the team so let's hope Silva and Brand's have someone in mind because if we get that position right we will be heading for the top six and above.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/11/26/silva

There really does seem to be a great team-spirit with the lads. If you watch the behind the scenes videos and stuff it looks like a really happy group of players.

The basis for that was always there but I think Marco and Marcel deserve praise for the players they brought in, because those players have certainly played their part in building that team-spirit.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/11/26/silva

There really does seem to be a great team-spirit with the lads. If you watch the behind the scenes videos and stuff it looks like a really happy group of players.

The basis for that was always there but I think Marco and Marcel deserve praise for the players they brought in, because those players have certainly played their part in building that team-spirit.

Marco seems to have found the balance between team spirit and discipline whereas our previous managers leaned heavily one way or the other.

9 minutes ago, barryj said:

fantastic article chocked full of stats.  the press in the attacking third where we outpace the whole league by a lot is so refreshing to see.  Digne and Bernards stats are also impressive seeing as neither has started every match.  Silva is doing a great job.

17 hours ago, Aidan said:

You didn’t read the earlier posts then!

On 29/11/2018 at 18:14, barryj said:

On 02/12/2018 at 04:49, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I didn't realize Usmanov was an owner of Megafon (which is based on St. Petersburg). Once I've finished unpacking boxes after having moved house, I shall have to scout through old business cards, because I once met with the president, the CEO, and an owner of Megafon in a restaurant in central Moscow (under which, apparently, Lenin's body is sometimes taken to be "repaired"). It would be something else if Usmanov was one of those I met. As mentioned before, I remember Moshiri being in one of my business meetings.

As a brief anecdote, the head of Megafon in Moscow (the company there was called SonicDuo), in one meeting, handed me a number of copies of Penthouse magazine. Megafon had sponsored that edition, and there were pictures throughout of naked women holding strategically placed cellphones. I took these copies back to my company's headquarters in New Jersey the next time I was there. In the meantime, I had to keep those magazines well hidden at home so as not to prompt awkward questions from my wife! :)

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I didn't realize Usmanov was an owner of Megafon (which is based on St. Petersburg). Once I've finished unpacking boxes after having moved house, I shall have to scout through old business cards, because I once met with the president, the CEO, and an owner of Megafon in a restaurant in central Moscow (under which, apparently, Lenin's body is sometimes taken to be "repaired"). It would be something else if Usmanov was one of those I met. As mentioned before, I remember Moshiri being in one of my business meetings.

As a brief anecdote, the head of Megafon in Moscow (the company there was called SonicDuo), in one meeting, handed me a number of copies of Penthouse magazine. Megafon had sponsored that edition, and there were pictures throughout of naked women holding strategically placed cellphones. I took these copies back to my company's headquarters in New Jersey the next time I was there. In the meantime, I had to keep those magazines well hidden at home so as not to prompt awkward questions from my wife! :)

And dug them out every now and then for some 'nostalgia' 😉

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Have you opened an account to see if it’s legit 

It’s legit as it was sent as an advert in an email from Everton FC as part of their Everton v Newcastle build up email. I get this every match day as an official member. I’m sure others on here will confirm. Plus it’s a sportspesa email and not a phishing one.