IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Great servant to the club. Had his ups and downs, but like most players, more ups than downs. And any downs were not through lack of effort or too much ego. 

Great professional and good guy all round. 

Still remember him taking the time to stay and chat with us after we had just been smashed 1-6 at home by Arsenal. Good guy!

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

His autobiography is a great read too. There was quite a few background issues going on in his life, sort of explains some of the downs in his form. Also shows what a great man manager Moyes was. 

Does it explain his weird obsession with star jumps towards the end of his career with us?

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

“You were left in no uncertain terms as to what was required. Archie went from being the most mild-mannered, entertaining, best of company in pre-season but then the games start and the troubles start and all of a sudden Archie's got you pinned up against the wall and you're the worst player that's ever played for Everton and you'll never play again.”

Wonder what he makes of Gana:leggit:.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

“You were left in no uncertain terms as to what was required. Archie went from being the most mild-mannered, entertaining, best of company in pre-season but then the games start and the troubles start and all of a sudden Archie's got you pinned up against the wall and you're the worst player that's ever played for Everton and you'll never play again.”

Wonder what he makes of Gana:leggit:.

Was expecting Haf to be the first to quote that bit. 

Could do with a few getting told what's what atm. Footballers these days are more arsed about Instagram than the result. 

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

great news.  funny how older clubs get a little preferential treatment.  you see us get more than wolves due to TV time, and newcastle get a lot more than many above it also due to TV time.

Fan based mostly. Annoying as Liverpool tend to be on the most regardless of their performance BT put them on to maximise their own revenue. Seems a little wrong that the shite have got more money than the winners. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Fan based mostly. Annoying as Liverpool tend to be on the most regardless of their performance BT put them on to maximise their own revenue. Seems a little wrong that the shite have got more money than the winners. 

i didn't notice that, but yeah that is kinda messed up.  yeah it makes sense, more people will watch us or newcastle than bournemouth tiny club.  

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i didn't notice that, but yeah that is kinda messed up.  yeah it makes sense, more people will watch us or newcastle than bournemouth tiny club.  

Personally I'd rather every team got the same coverage but the league is too capitalist for that.

I know I seen like a huge moaner with my posts lately but I'd rather watch two mid table clubs battle it out rather than a top v bottom. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Personally I'd rather every team got the same coverage but the league is too capitalist for that.

I know I seen like a huge moaner with my posts lately but I'd rather watch two mid table clubs battle it out rather than a top v bottom. 

Huge moaner? No not at all PeteO, never, no way! 

I mean why on earth would you say that 😉