IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Picked one at random - the West Ham game you mentioned.

1st goal wasn’t Ganas fault at all. He played a pass into Tosun who couldn’t control it (this was 3/4 of way up pitch) and then Schneiderlin dived in after and eventually they scored.

2nd goal - Pickford as you said but you could argue Digne didn’t cover himself in glory either! 

3rd goal - Lots of diving in in the lead up with Gana and Siggy both losing their man.

I can’t go through them all as that’s taken me 15 mins! It’s a case if you only see what you want to see. 

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

Fulham h: 0 (although from memory and fully discussed on here Gana nearly cost us three!) 

From the match day thread...

dunlopp9987 early on, "Gana also looking bright today. He’s finally finding form again."

Bailey at HT, "I think the back 5 have done well, with Digne and Zouma the standouts. Gueye and Davies have been solid in the middle and are moving the ball around well and winning it back but then the other 4 are a big problem."

Shukes at 2-0 up, "Gana is back to his best. Great control, good feet and turning the ball over fast. Best game in a long while from him."

Palfy! (in answer to Shukes), "He’s played well needs to keep it up"

Btay post match, "Gana MOM for me, was absolutely everywhere."

pete0, "We never really turned up until we were winning but up to that point of was very lacklustre. Some nice football after that and a great little cameo from Bernard. But there's still a lot of work to do defensively. Result flattered to deceive. Easily could've been 2 down in the first half. The team need to stop giving away such clear chances so easily." (No mention of you know who strangely)

Bailey, "Just like last week, Gueye and Davies were great, Gueye pipping the captain this time with the sheer amount of times he won the ball back."

Zoo 2.0, "Gueye was absolutely everywhere, a bit sloppy in his passing for me which was frustrating but a great defensive display alongside Tom Davies who has come under fire recently - unjustified criticism in my opinion. A great choice of captain for the future so here's to hoping the good performances continue."

Then later, on the Fulham chances...

Bailey, "Gana gets completely out of position and sells himself especially with Keane out of the defensive line. If he holds his position instead of trying to get the interception they dont create that chance."

Bailey again, "Digne holds the first player up and I think Gana should start retreating given the amount of players on the break against us but he again focuses on attempting to intercept. Its a risk/reward play because even if he tries to get back it is still 2 v 2 whereas if he is able to intercept it he can stop the move dead. Id like to see him get back to help Kenny first and foremost."

pete0, "Good work @Bailey his positioning sense is shocking. Always drawn to the ball rather than analysing the play."

Bailey replies, "Its not as straightforward as that though as I have put in the other thread."

What I find interesting in that is that you said nothing negative about him until Bailey did (and Bailey still gave him MOTM as did a lot of people).

Capture.JPG

20 minutes ago, barryj said:

Picked one at random - the West Ham game you mentioned.

1st goal wasn’t Ganas fault at all. He played a pass into Tosun who couldn’t control it (this was 3/4 of way up pitch) and then Schneiderlin dived in after and eventually they scored.

2nd goal - Pickford as you said but you could argue Digne didn’t cover himself in glory either! 

3rd goal - Lots of diving in in the lead up with Gana and Siggy both losing their man.

I can’t go through them all as that’s taken me 15 mins! It’s a case if you only see what you want to see. 

https://ibb.co/VpcFtfH

Forgiving the poor pass, it's the huge gap they both left that gave them the opportunity to attack. 

Agree on Digne and Sigurdssen, there was another close one too for Digne in another game but got to draw the line somewhere. For me he could do better but if he did stop the chance you'd say that's great defending whereas I was looking more at if he done his job would they have scored.

Last one were I put Zouma I was tempted to just put everyone for letting the cross in. From the angle I watched it isn't clear whether it's just an unstoppable cross or Zouma misread it. 

@MikeO

Is that from the other West Ham game? As my comment says we were winning. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

https://ibb.co/VpcFtfH

Forgiving the poor pass, it's the huge gap they both left that gave them the opportunity to attack. 

@MikeO

Is that from the other West Ham game? As my comment says we were winning. 

That wasn’t Gana’s fault. You correctly identified that fault as Schneiderlin. Forgiving the poor pass - it was hit firmly into Tosuns feet 3/4 of the way up the pitch and he failed to control it. So much  then happened after that. If you need to use this to prove you point you have no point at all. 

I have nothing more more to comment on. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And Palfy really thought reopening the Gana thread would stop it seeping into other threads :lol: 

😂😂😂 I new I would get incriminated. 

Pressed sent before I had finished my sentence fucking heads spinning. 

21 minutes ago, barryj said:

That wasn’t Gana’s fault. You correctly identified that fault as Schneiderlin. Forgiving the poor pass - it was hit firmly into Tosuns feet 3/4 of the way up the pitch and he failed to control it. So much  then happened after that. If you need to use this to prove you point you have no point at all. 

I have nothing more more to comment on. 

Gana has left his position, if he'd not dashed forward we'd not have that massive hole in midfield. Look at the image that space should not be empty.

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It's from the Fulham game.

Cheers. I've put

"Easily could've been 2 down in the first half. The team need to stop giving away such clear chances so easily." 

Don't see why it's relevant that I never named Gana. 

38 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Cheers. I've put

"Easily could've been 2 down in the first half. The team need to stop giving away such clear chances so easily." 

Don't see why it's relevant that I never named Gana. 

If you'd have seen those two chances as being down to Gana you'd have trumpeted it from from the hilltops and set the signal fires burning; you're a dog with a bone when it comes to him but you expect me to believe that you saw him away two clear chances and you attributed them to "the team"?

About as plausible as......I can't think of anything less plausible off the top of my head, sorry.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If you'd have seen those two chances as being down to Gana you'd have trumpeted it from from the hilltops and set the signal fires burning; you're a dog with a bone when it comes to him but you expect me to believe that you saw him away two clear chances and you attributed them to "the team"?

About as plausible as......I can't think of anything less plausible off the top of my head, sorry.

I was at the match so wouldn't have had a replay. Still identified the chances were too easy. Or possibly I just couldn't be arsed arguing with the Gana-ites at the time I posted.

18 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just looked at the goals scored for and against in our first eleven prem games last season. Only the short highlights so can't see whose at fault on the corners or letting crosses in too easy as I can't see everyone's positions but from I could I've broke down the players involved for the part/responsible.

Why the first 11 and not the last 11 when Silva’s philosophy is more imbedded?

On 29/09/2018 at 16:48, Shukes said:

Gana

Great performance. Typified by his pass from the edge of our own box that set an attack on the way, then when Richie losses it, who’s there to pick the loose ball up and keep the attack going? Gana.

He’s  been everywhere.

On 29/09/2018 at 17:22, pete0 said:

Other than in position. We kept a clean sheet in spite of him today. Thought Pickford was gonna chicken him. 

@MikeO

This was my comments in the motm thread. I was the 5th response. I assume this is before Bailey said in the match thread. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Is that a serious question? 

Yep - makes little sense going with the early games unless it fits an agenda or gives you the answer you want. Surely we saw ‘Silva’s Everton’ towards the end of the season. I think ‘agenda free’ analysis of that period may be warmly received.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Yep - makes little sense going with the early games unless it fits an agenda or gives you the answer you want. Surely we saw ‘Silva’s Everton’ towards the end of the season. I think ‘agenda free’ analysis of that period may be warmly received.

Started from the start of the season as it's the start. No agenda, didn't know how many games I was gonna look at, and stopped at the point I did as I couldn't be arsed looking at the Liverpool match again. We then had a shocking run too which I've missed so don't see how the bias/agenda argument works. 

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Started from the start of the season as it's the start. No agenda, didn't know how many games I was gonna look at, and stopped at the point I did as I couldn't be arsed looking at the Liverpool match again. We then had a shocking run too which I've missed so don't see how the bias/agenda argument works. 

😂😂😂

On 08/07/2019 at 02:49, pete0 said:

Just looked at the goals scored for and against in our first eleven prem games last season. Only the short highlights so can't see whose at fault on the corners or letting crosses in too easy as I can't see everyone's positions but from I could I've broke down the players involved for the part/responsible.

Looking at the assist to the assist concept the other way, as in goals we've conceded due to a player being out of position or not making a tackle or giving the ball away too easy. There's only one winner, Gana. 

Edit: that's annoying can't seem to link the excel/pdf. 

Wolves a: 1) Jags. 2) Unsure who let the cross in, Keane

Soton h: 1) Corner, Everyone

Bournemouth a: 1) Unsure who let the cross in. 2) Baines Corner, Everyone

Huddersfield h: Corner, everyone

West Ham h: 1) Gana/Schneiderlin 2) Pickford. 3) Gana, Holgate 

Arsenal a: 1) Davies, Gana, Walcott  2) Zouma, Digne

Fulham h: 0 (although from memory and fully discussed on here Gana nearly cost us three!) 

Leicester a: 1) Gana, Kenny 

Crystal Palace: h) 0 (although Coleman did give a pen away, well saved from Pickford) 

Man U a: 1) Gana. 2) Gana, Coleman 

Brighton h: 1) Corner, Zouma 

Cardiff h: clean sheet
Chelsea a: clean sheet

Liverpool a: whoever gave the fk away, Pickford.

Newcastle h: Coleman/Gana, Digne

Watford h: 1) Digne 2) Keane

City a: 1) Mina 2) good football 3) Gomes or Mina. 

Spurs h: 1)Pickford/Zouma 2) Coleman, Gomes 3) Gomes, Coleman 4) Coleman 5) Keane 6) Coleman, Keane

Burnley a: corner, scramble maybe Keane could have done better

Brighton a: corner Gomes (unlucky)
Leicester h: Keane

Bournemouth h: clean sheet

Soton a: 1) Coleman, Gana 2) Gana

Huddersfield a: clean sheet

Wolves h: 1) Baines 2) Keane (silly fk), crossed fk, too easy but unsure who's at fault 3) Coleman 

City h: 1) crossed fk, too easy but unsure who's at fault. 2) Davies, Gana, Kenny

Watford a: corner, well played

Cardiff a: clean sheet

Liverpool h: clean sheet

Newcastle a: 1) well played 2) Gomes 3) Everyone 

Chelsea h: clean sheet
West ham a: clean sheet
Arsenal h: clean sheet

Fulham a: 1) Gana 2) Gana

Man U h: clean sheet
Palace a: clean sheet
Burnley h: clean sheet

Spurs a: 1) Corner, possibly Mina 2) direct fk

11: Gana 

7: Keane, Coleman 

6: Gomes

3: Pickford, Zouma, Digne, Mina

2: Baines, Davies, Kenny

1: Jags, Schneiderlin, Holgate, Walcott

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

15: Steven Gerrard

11: Ghandi 

7: Russell Brand

3: Ronnie Wood

2: John Terry

1: Jeremy Hunt

I can make ridiculous lists too. 

Have you checked every goal? Nope. Only thing rediculous is your comment when by your own admission you don't bother to analyse football. 

Apparently I just make this shit up? I've looked at every goal, not just Gana hence me posting in this thread, to give a fair representation of where the goals we concede come from. What's your problem? 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Have you checked every goal? Nope. Only thing rediculous is your comment when by your own admission you don't bother to analyse football. 

Apparently I just make this shit up? I've looked at every goal, not just Gana hence me posting in this thread, to give a fair representation of where the goals we concede come from. What's your problem? 

I’ve never ever said I don’t bother to analyse football. I analyse in work so wouldn’t want to be doing the crap you’re doing, for no reason at all. I analyse it when I watch it, I tend to come out with a similar opinion to most football managers, and the opposite opinion of you.

I don’t bother to look back at footage from over six months ago to prove a point. 

I told you I don’t focus on negatives, life can be hard enough. I look for positives. You’re spending hours of your life trying to convince a bunch of people on here that they are all wrong (them and the worlds footballing professionals) and your opposite opinion is right. It really doesn’t matter, so why keep peddling it? Not one single person is going to change their mind. Why not just accept your opinion is different and go and have a nice time somewhere?

My problem? None, I’m just trying to annoy you with my stupid list. 

30 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve never ever said I don’t bother to analyse football. I analyse in work so wouldn’t want to be doing the crap you’re doing, for no reason at all. I analyse it when I watch it, I tend to come out with a similar opinion to most football managers, and the opposite opinion of you.

I don’t bother to look back at footage from over six months ago to prove a point. 

I told you I don’t focus on negatives, life can be hard enough. I look for positives. You’re spending hours of your life trying to convince a bunch of people on here that they are all wrong (them and the worlds footballing professionals) and your opposite opinion is right. It really doesn’t matter, so why keep peddling it? Not one single person is going to change their mind. Why not just accept your opinion is different and go and have a nice time somewhere?

My problem? None, I’m just trying to annoy you with my stupid list. 

Not annoyed just once again baffled you're a mod. I took two hours, no one forced me mind, adding content and you just sarcastically belittle it without actually scrutinising it or otherwise. 

You don't look back at all if you think Gana isn't responsible. Literally listed it and made it easy. Keep your eyes closed if you want. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Not annoyed just once again baffled you're a mod. I took two hours, no one forced me mind, adding content and you just sarcastically belittle it without actually scrutinising it or otherwise. 

You don't look back at all if you think Gana isn't responsible. Literally listed it and made it easy. Keep your eyes closed if you want. 

It’s clearly just a dig at Gana, so why not put it in the Gana thread?

you can be baffled I’m a mod all you like, if you don’t like it I suggest making a complaint to Louis or Mike.