IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Surely a good thing

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Too right it is mate. 

It used to be truly painful to hear Evertonians singing, "We are white...." many years ago now happily. Sadly racism now creeping back into the open again largely due to social media and people in high office peddling the hate with apparent immunity (if that thinking makes me one of Piers Morgan's "snowflakes" fuck it, what a knob). I've never heard anything at Goodison since I started going to matches again fifteen odd years ago, long may it continue.

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It used to be truly painful to hear Evertonians singing, "We are white...." many years ago now happily. Sadly racism now creeping back into the open again largely due to social media and people in high office peddling the hate with apparent immunity (if that thinking makes me one of Piers Morgan's "snowflakes" fuck it, what a knob). I've never heard anything at Goodison since I started going to matches again fifteen odd years ago, long may it continue.

I always remember Yakubu, Anichebe and Saha being in the same match day squad and a fella a few rows down getting really out of order in the things he was saying. I remember being very uncomfortable, but I wasn’t strong enough to put a stop to it. Stewards at the tunnel steps just stood there and said nothing. 

Mike, you’re way too old to be a snowflake. 😂

Done my research!

A 2017 article from Think Progress commented: "The insult expanded to encompass not just the young, but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of "safe spaces, too fragile".

Do one Ste❄️.

😎

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Done my research!

A 2017 article from Think Progress commented: "The insult expanded to encompass not just the young, but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of "safe spaces, too fragile".

Do one Ste❄️.

😎

Haha I always think it’s young lads. I’ve got two apprentices and one of them uses hand cream every day, he’s a snowflake! 😂

13 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Surely a good thing

Ahh, it's all now become clear why your views are so out of skew with everyone else, your too pisssed to know what's really happening ( I'll now put on my tin hat on and duck down to avoid the incoming

Absolutely. 

I'm not one of them. I was too young ti drink back then (in the ground any way). More likely to have a bovril if I'm cold than a pint these days, old before my time. 

Regarding the racism when I was a young teen I used to join in with the Everton are white hello hello. Until I realised it was racist, maybe I'm a little niave or autistic but before I found out it was a race thing I used to just think it was weird we sung 'Everton are white' as opposed to blue and white. I didn't realise the racist connotations. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Absolutely. 

I'm not one of them. I was too young ti drink back then (in the ground any way). More likely to have a bovril if I'm cold than a pint these days, old before my time. 

Regarding the racism when I was a young teen I used to join in with the Everton are white hello hello. Until I realised it was racist, maybe I'm a little niave or autistic but before I found out it was a race thing I used to just think it was weird we sung 'Everton are white' as opposed to blue and white. I didn't realise the racist connotations. 

Hopefully we're all more aware of any connotations now, it's certainly an awkward task trying to tell my 15 yr old the connotation of some sayings  he picks up from school etc.

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can change so much? Don’t follow mate. 

How tight things are when you can go top one minute and 11th next, and after the United result I think these small margins will carry on to effect league positions throughout the season, bar 3 clearly breaking clear I can’t see much between the next 7 or 8. 

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

How tight things are when you can go top one minute and 11th next, and after the United result I think these small margins will carry on to effect league positions throughout the season, bar 3 clearly breaking clear I can’t see much between the next 7 or 8. 

I get you now. 

Dont worry about the league position though mate, it’s like being top on the first day. It’s too early, it just doesn’t matter yet. Maybe after six games start worrying about the table. 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When we leave Goodison are you going to turn it into a shed for the community/ neighbors. 

4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I doubt mike wants his neighbours to see what he’s got stashed in that shed 👀

Quite right, no neighbours getting in; it's my man cave, my guitars and amp are already installed (very good reason why the neighbours would refuse any invitation anyway😂) . CD player in there as well if the wife wants a break, she's allowed two hours every third Thursday which I think is fair.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Quite right, no neighbours getting in; it's my man cave, my guitars and amp are already installed (very good reason why the neighbours would refuse any invitation anyway😂) . CD player in there as well if the wife wants a break, she's allowed two hours every third Thursday which I think is fair.

It's not the People's shed then😀