IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

21 minutes ago, barryj said:

I really hope you’re wrong. I could though see him in the starting lineup first game of the season as Gana will of been in the ACON and Delph will now of had most of the preseason. I just hope that Marco doesn’t persevere unless he really proves me wrong, which I doubt. 

He would not of signed for us if he was not given certain assurances about his playing time.

Given that we are going to start  Gomes and Siggy that leaves 1 free spot in midfield which, by the looks of it will be Delph.

That means Gana and Morgan are back up to start with. I cant imagine Gana settling for that, Morgan may as there have been no offers for him.

We have no European games, so there is not going to be the level of rotation that would mean we would use more than 2 players per position, which is what Silva and Brands want for the squad.

I cant but help think that Gana was told in December he could go, but only in the summer, when we got a replacement, and only for the right money.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

He would not of signed for us if he was not given certain assurances about his playing time.

Given that we are going to start  Gomes and Siggy that leaves 1 free spot in midfield which, by the looks of it will be Delph.

That means Gana and Morgan are back up to start with. I cant imagine Gana settling for that, Morgan may as there have been no offers for him.

We have no European games, so there is not going to be the level of rotation that would mean we would use more than 2 players per position, which is what Silva and Brands want for the squad.

I cant but help think that Gana was told in December he could go, but only in the summer, and only for the right money.

I’d be surprised (& hugely disappointed) if we gave anyone assurances. I think he’ll start the first game but I'm sure that he’ll be used as an option to provide cover in multiple positions. 

15 minutes ago, barryj said:

I’d be surprised (& hugely disappointed) if we gave anyone assurances. I think he’ll start the first game but I'm sure that he’ll be used as an option to provide cover in multiple positions. 

He left the best team in Europe for more playing time, so I assume that was part of the discussions we had with him.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

He left the best team in Europe for more playing time, so I assume that was part of the discussions we had with him.

I think we would all agree he’ll get more playing time than at City due to the quality and depth of their squad. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i will clarify

gana gone delph starts 15th place

gana stays delph on the bench 4th place

that's how i'm viewing this situation

I don’t think he’ll take us to the next level if a regular but saying he would cost us 11 places is ridiculously naive. 

2 hours ago, barryj said:

I think we would all agree he’ll get more playing time than at City due to the quality and depth of their squad. 

I don’t think he’ll take us to the next level if a regular but saying he would cost us 11 places is ridiculously naive. 

Gana is the best DM in the league, replacing him with an oft injured average player would mean we are getting run over in midfield.  We’ll see how far off I am

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Gana is the best DM in the league, replacing him with an oft injured average player would mean we are getting run over in midfield.  We’ll see how far off I am

It really doesn’t mean we are getting run over in midfield. If he’s that bad he won’t play. 

Lost faith in Marcel already?

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Very rare we have control in midfield since the McCarthy Barry pairing, mostly because Gana is chaotic. Delph I assume will at least hold position and give us a better foothold in a game. That said I'd prefer McCarthy or Davies to be given a chance first. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

That’s all a little bit spine tingling!

Said it before but whatever has happened to our media team in recent years is incredible, video production especially (we still get glitches in live streams) is night and day from what it was. I spent some time working in the field a long time ago and our offerings just a few years back were embarrassing to me; nowadays I'd be surprised if any club had better.