IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Not sure whether it’s been posted anywhere else or not but apparently we still get a cash windfall even if Man U swap Lukaku 

How Man Utd's Dybala deal affects Everton over Lukaku transfer 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-latest-dybala-lukaku-16679670#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

First XI as of right now:

Kean 

Bernard        Siggy      Richarlison

Delph/Gbamin   Gomes

Digne    Keane   Mina    Coleman

Pickford

Bench: Delph/Gbamin, Walcott, Holgate, DCL, Baines, Lossl

That looks pretty decent. Should be our best attacking side since at least year one of Martinez just based on the quality of players. I’m excited again.

This may be Kenya-only.

Media Statement

The gaming industry has been Operating in an extremely challenging business 
environment for the past couple of months. 

Sportpesa as a business has been subjected to punitive measures by regulators such 
as delayed license renewal and the suspension of paybill numbers with these actions 
considerably reducing the level of business operations. This despite the existence of 
a court order prohibiting the regulator from taking such actions 
This has brought about immense pressure on the business necessitating a re- 
evaluation of some plans. In light of these developments, we regrettably wish to 
announce that due to the uncertainty of this situation Sportpesa will be cancelling 
sports sponsorships effective immediately. All clubs and partners will have received 
notices as provided for in their contracts. 

Sportpesa is passionate about sports development in the country and this decision 
was regrettably arrived at haltingly and after a lot Of deliberation and thought. We 
greatly value our partnerships and we will endeavour to resume support to the best 
Of our ability when the business recovers. 

Sportpesa has, over the last 5 years of operation, grown as a 
business that endeavours to create value for all stakeholders. We have always been 
compliant with all the Statutory and Regulatory requirements. We are a law-abiding 
organisation. 

For now, we remain positive that the current situation will be resolved amicably and 
urgently, and we continue to seek the goodwill of all actors towards normalising the 
environment for the gaming industry. 
Ends/. 

2 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Dodgy as fuck.  May be in the minority, but baring a nice family friendly sponsor like NEC (Dell?) I'd prefer beer over gambling.

Dell are in my bad books at the moment, they wanted £712 to repair a £799 laptop. 

28 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Dodgy as fuck.  May be in the minority, but baring a nice family friendly sponsor like NEC (Dell?) I'd prefer beer over gambling.

Absolutely. Said many times that advertising addictions seems to be completely against the ethics of the club, especially EITC. Smoking advertisements were banned in sports, why not booze and gambling? 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/marco-silva-must-now-deliver-his-side-of-the-bargain-with-everton-f0kp3ws65

The burden will fall on Moise Kean to sharpen what has been, for rather too long, a blunt Everton attack and there is now responsibility on Yerry Mina to stay fit and provide leadership at centre half.

André Gomes has to step up, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Alex Iwobi must make an impact, Richarlison needs more consistency and Lucas Digne to maintain the standards set last season.

Yet arguably the spotlight shines brightest on the manager, Marco Silva.

As Everton prepare to begin their season away to Crystal Palace tomorrow, where the welcome will be frostier than normal given their forlorn pursuit of Wilfried Zaha this week, the challenge of upsetting the natural order and breaking into the Premier League’s top six resumes.

This will be the fourth season in which Silva has been in English football, starting with his arrival at Hull City in January 2017, and two and a half years on a definitive opinion on the Portuguese manager is still to be formed.

A strong finish to last season when he motivated a team with nothing to play for — an aggressive approach in and out of possession was evident — was an impressive response to the dismal stretch between December and the end of February, which brought only four Premier League wins. Two of those were against relegated Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City.

Silva coached like the manager of Everton should and how they ended is the template for how they must now begin: the man in the dugout showing his skills, with an uncluttered calendar offering time on the training pitch to smooth down the rough edges in his blueprint and bed in new faces.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

Between now and the December 4 visit to Anfield for the fixture which sparked their mid-term collapse last season, Everton have 14 league games in which they will face only three of the teams who finished above them in eighth last season — Wolverhampton Wanderers, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

There is a real chance to muster momentum. So much depends on Silva.

At his press conference this morning, Silva referred to the mess spawned by the flawed thinking of his predecessors, Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and the errors of the former director of football, Steve Walsh, when summarising the summer as “18 players have left, we signed seven and, if you look at the money coming in and the money out, we spent £28 million”.

Everton’s strategy had been to try to balance the books after the expensive splurges of 2017 and 2018, but it is difficult to get a true sense of whether that overview has remained intact by accident or design. Probably a mix of both.

The owner Farhad Moshiri’s ambition is such that Everton were willing to spend £60 million on Zaha (£25 million more than they paid for Arsenal’s Iwobi) but balked at Palace’s £80-100 million price tag for a winger who will turn 27 in November and who scored ten goals in his most productive season.

Richarlison, centre, is one of a number of attacking options available to Silva but he is short on centre halves

They would have signed Kurt Zouma permanently had Chelsea offered any encouragement after the success of the defender’s loan spell. He would have cost a minimum of £40 million.

Under different circumstances — the search for a winger and a centre back continued after £50 million had been laid down for Kean and Gbamin — Everton’s net spend may not have been trumpeted quite so loudly. Where the £36.7 million failed bid for Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucouré fits in with everything . . . answers on a postcard, please.

There remains a lopsided look to Everton’s squad with offensive players outweighing those of a defensive mindset (midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin will not be allowed to leave as a consequence), and the failure to bring in another centre half left Silva acknowledging it is “not the best scenario for me as a coach”.

To be fair to Silva, he did not proceed to rant about this and will know his discomfort is more palatable than the club panicking and lavishing millions for Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo, a player they did not really want.

Silva is ensconced at Everton because the spend, spend, spend mentality which preceded him did not work out and management cannot be solely about dumping the old and ushering in the new every 12 months.

It is about overseeing the development of players, too, and there is no member of Everton’s squad who cannot improve; whether that is contributing more assists and goals or to the overall team structure to ensure this is a team that is uncomfortable, unnerving to play against.

“You have to manage the situation in the best way,” Silva said of having just Michael Keane, Mina and Mason Holgate as his centre-back options.

“We have never had doubts about Yerry Mina [signed from Barcelona for £27 million last summer but who started only ten league games]. When he was fit he was fantastic, he is adapted now and in better shape.

“It is a fantastic chance for him to show the quality that he has. If you ask me whether I would like more competition then yes, but I am here to manage the players I have.”

The loss of Zouma and Idrissa Gueye to Paris Saint-Germain strips Everton of arguably their two most influential performers in the second half of 2018-19, although Silva said he thought, overall, the squad was “deeper than last season”.

The transformation in Everton’s squad is far from complete but it is in a better place. Now Silva must coax and nurture and guide them into a better position. Top six is the target.

On 09/08/2019 at 20:54, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/marco-silva-must-now-deliver-his-side-of-the-bargain-with-everton-f0kp3ws65

The burden will fall on Moise Kean to sharpen what has been, for rather too long, a blunt Everton attack and there is now responsibility on Yerry Mina to stay fit and provide leadership at centre half.
André Gomes has to step up, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Alex Iwobi must make an impact, Richarlison needs more consistency and Lucas Digne to maintain the standards set last season.
Yet arguably the spotlight shines brightest on the manager, Marco Silva.
As Everton prepare to begin their season away to Crystal Palace tomorrow, where the welcome will be frostier than normal given their forlorn pursuit of Wilfried Zaha this week, the challenge of upsetting the natural order and breaking into the Premier League’s top six resumes.
This will be the fourth season in which Silva has been in English football, starting with his arrival at Hull City in January 2017, and two and a half years on a definitive opinion on the Portuguese manager is still to be formed.
A strong finish to last season when he motivated a team with nothing to play for — an aggressive approach in and out of possession was evident — was an impressive response to the dismal stretch between December and the end of February, which brought only four Premier League wins. Two of those were against relegated Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City.
Silva coached like the manager of Everton should and how they ended is the template for how they must now begin: the man in the dugout showing his skills, with an uncluttered calendar offering time on the training pitch to smooth down the rough edges in his blueprint and bed in new faces.
Between now and the December 4 visit to Anfield for the fixture which sparked their mid-term collapse last season, Everton have 14 league games in which they will face only three of the teams who finished above them in eighth last season — Wolverhampton Wanderers, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur.
There is a real chance to muster momentum. So much depends on Silva.
At his press conference this morning, Silva referred to the mess spawned by the flawed thinking of his predecessors, Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and the errors of the former director of football, Steve Walsh, when summarising the summer as “18 players have left, we signed seven and, if you look at the money coming in and the money out, we spent £28 million”.
Everton’s strategy had been to try to balance the books after the expensive splurges of 2017 and 2018, but it is difficult to get a true sense of whether that overview has remained intact by accident or design. Probably a mix of both.
The owner Farhad Moshiri’s ambition is such that Everton were willing to spend £60 million on Zaha (£25 million more than they paid for Arsenal’s Iwobi) but balked at Palace’s £80-100 million price tag for a winger who will turn 27 in November and who scored ten goals in his most productive season.
They would have signed Kurt Zouma permanently had Chelsea offered any encouragement after the success of the defender’s loan spell. He would have cost a minimum of £40 million.
Under different circumstances — the search for a winger and a centre back continued after £50 million had been laid down for Kean and Gbamin — Everton’s net spend may not have been trumpeted quite so loudly. Where the £36.7 million failed bid for Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucouré fits in with everything . . . answers on a postcard, please.
There remains a lopsided look to Everton’s squad with offensive players outweighing those of a defensive mindset (midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin will not be allowed to leave as a consequence), and the failure to bring in another centre half left Silva acknowledging it is “not the best scenario for me as a coach”.
To be fair to Silva, he did not proceed to rant about this and will know his discomfort is more palatable than the club panicking and lavishing millions for Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo, a player they did not really want.
Silva is ensconced at Everton because the spend, spend, spend mentality which preceded him did not work out and management cannot be solely about dumping the old and ushering in the new every 12 months.
It is about overseeing the development of players, too, and there is no member of Everton’s squad who cannot improve; whether that is contributing more assists and goals or to the overall team structure to ensure this is a team that is uncomfortable, unnerving to play against.
“You have to manage the situation in the best way,” Silva said of having just Michael Keane, Mina and Mason Holgate as his centre-back options.
“We have never had doubts about Yerry Mina [signed from Barcelona for £27 million last summer but who started only ten league games]. When he was fit he was fantastic, he is adapted now and in better shape.
“It is a fantastic chance for him to show the quality that he has. If you ask me whether I would like more competition then yes, but I am here to manage the players I have.”
The loss of Zouma and Idrissa Gueye to Paris Saint-Germain strips Everton of arguably their two most influential performers in the second half of 2018-19, although Silva said he thought, overall, the squad was “deeper than last season”.
The transformation in Everton’s squad is far from complete but it is in a better place. Now Silva must coax and nurture and guide them into a better position. Top six is the target.

Really ?  if you think I’m coming home from the booser and reading that your a ducking nutter, I think I’ll leave that for tomorrow when I can see better. 

I’ve now managed to read it, like I and a few others have said we’ve invested heavily once again in MF and upfront, and let the defence suffer. 

If our attacking options don’t pay off and by that I mean score plenty of goals on a regular basis, we could very much find ourselves at the wrong end of the table come December. 

Our defence is more than ever now relying on our attack, it’s going to be very interesting to see how everything pans out. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Really ?  if you think I’m coming home from the booser and reading that your a ducking nutter, I think I’ll leave that for tomorrow when I can see better. 

I’ve now managed to read it, like I and a few others have said we’ve invested heavily once again in MF and upfront, and let the defence suffer. 

If our attacking options don’t pay off and by that I mean score plenty of goals on a regular basis, we could very much find ourselves at the wrong end of the table come December. 

Our defence is more than ever now relying on our attack, it’s going to be very interesting to see how everything pans out. 

It really depends on Mina stepping up on how well the defense performs. If he's a weak link then he will be targeted all match, every match. Hopefully he's stable and will allow Digne to get up and down the field and do what he does best. I can see that left side being less effective than it was last year.

That said, I like Mina and think he has the potential. He just worries me because he looks a little clumsy.

I don't know if he'll ever reach the ceiling of Zouma though.

I think Mina gets a little bit of a bad rap. He came in fighting both injury and acclimation problems. What we saw from him later in the year and even this year has been pretty positive. I am willing to mostly give him a pass for last year, and see what he does his second year. If his form in the future looks more like his old form than his current form, I will eat my hat and say I was wrong. 

I believe Mina is a very good player who had a very tough season with injuries last year, add to that Zouma and Keane playing well when he was fit it was hard to get a game. 

Now he has is opportunity to put his stamp on the team and as long as he can stay injury free I don’t think he will let us down. 

25 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It was my youngest daughters first game as a season ticket holder on Saturday and when we took our seats we found that the club had left a goodie bag that included a personalised certificate ,welcome letter, match program and other memorabilia . Made an already very excited 7 year olds day. Thought it was a really nice touch by the club

That is absolutely tops - I’ve never heard of anything like that. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It was my youngest daughters first game as a season ticket holder on Saturday and when we took our seats we found that the club had left a goodie bag that included a personalised certificate ,welcome letter, match program and other memorabilia . Made an already very excited 7 year olds day. Thought it was a really nice touch by the club

When we get something right we get it really right.