IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Ok I accept your response about Griezeman and De Ligt but the business has been done, who have we agreed terms with teams and players that just have to sign on the line. 

My point with both of them is that neither of them have actually moved. They have been negotiating for a very long time but it’s still on going. Now both of these transfers have been conducted in the public, we don’t do that. We keep our business quiet until it’s complete, as it should be. Don’t think for one minute things aren’t happening. 

The only confusing thing here for me Palfy, you’re old enough and experienced enough to have gone through many transfer windows. You can’t seriously expect all business to be done early? It’s never happened before so why would it now?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I dont think we need many signings though do we? 

Two quality signings would be enough for me, unless someone leaves of course. I would rather see us build on our finish to the season than try to change it around.

Agreed, palfy wants a whole new first team!  Gomes and a striker would be fine for me.  Already have Mina keane holgate at CB, need a youngster there for number 4.  I’m fine with the squad as is.  Just get rid of the dead wood!  That’s the most important 

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Agreed, palfy wants a whole new first team!  Gomes and a striker would be fine for me.  Already have Mina keane holgate at CB, need a youngster there for number 4.  I’m fine with the squad as is.  Just get rid of the dead wood!  That’s the most important 

You need quality in reserve where’s our quality RB CM CB CF and the left footed RW and don’t say Holgate for CB or RB, we may get by without another quality CM and left footed RW if the status quo remains the same but we definitely need a CF CB and RB. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

l. Have you ever moved house? If so you’ll know it can’t be done in days!

Actually Barry I own 9 properties and in the mid nineties I sold a property to another investor in one day, it made the local paper as the quickest sale ever recorded, and gave some free advertising for the estate agent and Solicitor who acted for both parties.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

You can’t seriously expect all business to be done early? It’s never happened before so why would it now?

Not all maybe but considerably a lot more than what’s been achieved so far, and because we have been notoriously slow out the blocks for eons should we always accept it, what’s happened to this new era of being different than in the past, we should have had the players we wanted ring fenced months ago and be reeling them in by now. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not all maybe but considerably a lot more than what’s been achieved so far, and because we have been notoriously slow out the blocks for eons should we always accept it, what’s happened to this new era of being different than in the past, we should have had the players we wanted ring fenced months ago and be reeling them in by now. 

But look at everyone else? There isn’t a team out there who have got all their targets yet. It just takes time and patience, fortunately for the club, Marcel has more patience than you do.

we could have had Gomes signed up months ago, but for one reason or another it took longer.

Players will keep their options open and not rush. 

You’re going to give yourself a heart attack mate, I’m worried for you!! 😂

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You need quality in reserve where’s our quality RB CM CB CF and the left footed RW and don’t say Holgate for CB or RB, we may get by without another quality CM and left footed RW if the status quo remains the same but we definitely need a CF CB and RB. 

Going to be a grandma:GrammarPolice: (only because it's you Palf and it made me laugh).

"...if the status quo remains..." means things will stay the same so adding, "...the same..." is superfluous. You could have saved fifteen seconds of your life by not typing it:67:.

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

But look at everyone else? There isn’t a team out there who have got all their targets yet. It just takes time and patience, fortunately for the club, Marcel has more patience than you do.

we could have had Gomes signed up months ago, but for one reason or another it took longer.

Players will keep their options open and not rush. 

You’re going to give yourself a heart attack mate, I’m worried for you!! 😂

Thanks for your concern mate but I thrive on pressure and stress, when I go to work and haven’t had stressful day I question that more 😀👍

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Going to be a grandma:GrammarPolice: (only because it's you Palf and it made me laugh).

"...if the status quo remains..." means things will stay the same so adding, "...the same..." is superfluous. You could have saved fifteen seconds of your life by not typing it:67:.

It took me more than 15 seconds to workout were you where coming from, that technically isn’t that bad I added same just in case some thought I was talking about the group 🤥😂👍

49 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

As much as I want new players in as early as possible I think you are flapping about nothing Palfy

There hasn’t been much movement yet in the Premier League as can be seen here

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11065/11713244/premier-league-ins-and-outs-all-the-2019-summer-transfer-window-moves

Gomes is a massive signing for us and yes we could have got him in earlier if we had fallen for Barcelona’s attempts to get an auction going for him, but Marcel bided his time and ended up getting a great deal. I know which approach I prefer

The Zouma deal has been complicated by all that’s going on at Chelsea but hopefully we have a plan B and will exercise that plan soon if we don’t get a definitive answer from Chelsea

These things tend to have a dominoes effect , for all we know we might already have deals in place and just be waiting for the selling clubs to get their own deals in place before finalising

We also need to get players out first, something we’ve been doing fairly effectively, to clear wages up so that we don’t fall foul of ffp

Weve already had our fingers well and truly burnt by Steve Walsh’s bull in a china shop approach to the transfer market so personally I’m more than happy with Marcels more measured approach 

Dunc I’m not flapping trust me mate I’m concerned that we need to fill and add cover for certain positions that the management have highlighted and known about for months, yet we have not seen any movement bar Gomes which was in truth probably in the bag before the season ended, time is ticking and we need to get a move on.

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Dunc I’m not flapping trust me mate I’m concerned that we need to fill and add cover for certain positions that the management have highlighted and known about for months, yet we have not seen any movement bar Gomes which was in truth probably in the bag before the season ended, time is ticking and we need to get a move on.

The point is that we may well have already gotten a move on, we just don’t have the visibility as supporters. This is fine by me, at least now that we have someone competent running the show. 

Players we’re after, as has been said before, might not be possible to get until the selling team has a deal in place for a replacement. It could be that we’re playing hardball too, which is something that hadn’t happened in the Walsh era. It could be that we need to shift others off the wage bill before we can add a big wage onto it. Could be that talks breakdown after months of negotiations and the back up plan isn’t yet possible to implement. 

The frustration is completely understandable, but it’s not yet time to panic. Last season and the last 2 windows were “steady the ship” mode. We don’t want to go rocking the boat again by panic buying. Brands has already shown he knows what he’s doing, so I’d say just be patient, as frustrating as that can be. 

Were also trying to buy a higher caliber of player than we did in the past, so it’s going to be harder to get deals done. The only way to speed that up is to throw money at it, and they won’t be doing that so much anymore.

Buy a player who isn’t wanted by the selling club will be much easier I’m sure. 

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Actually Barry I own 9 properties and in the mid nineties I sold a property to another investor in one day, it made the local paper as the quickest sale ever recorded, and gave some free advertising for the estate agent and Solicitor who acted for both parties.

I guess you bought it without any survey then! You’ve actually proved my point when you said ‘quickest sale ever recorded’ and ‘made The local paper’ meaning that it was highly unusual and normally takes a lot longer to complete. Unless you want Everton to complete a signing in unusual circumstances without due diligence (which I don’t) then we’ll have to wait. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

Were also trying to buy a higher caliber of player than we did in the past, so it’s going to be harder to get deals done. The only way to speed that up is to throw money at it, and they won’t be doing that so much anymore.

Buy a player who isn’t wanted by the selling club will be much easier I’m sure. 

Put it out there that we have several of these!

Just looked at the goals scored for and against in our first eleven prem games last season. Only the short highlights so can't see whose at fault on the corners or letting crosses in too easy as I can't see everyone's positions but from I could I've broke down the players involved for the part/responsible.

Looking at the assist to the assist concept the other way, as in goals we've conceded due to a player being out of position or not making a tackle or giving the ball away too easy. There's only one winner, Gana. 

Edit: that's annoying can't seem to link the excel/pdf. 

Wolves a: 1) Jags. 2) Unsure who let the cross in, Keane

Soton h: 1) Corner, Everyone

Bournemouth a: 1) Unsure who let the cross in. 2) Baines 

Corner, Everyone

Huddersfield h: Corner, everyone

West Ham h: 1) Gana/Schneiderlin 2) Pickford. 3) Gana, Holgate 

Arsenal a: 1) Davies, Gana, Walcott  2) Zouma, Digne

Fulham h: 0 (although from memory and fully discussed on here Gana nearly cost us three!) 

Leicester a: 1) Gana, Kenny 

Crystal Palace: h) 0 (although Coleman did give a pen away, well saved from Pickford) 

Man U a: 1) Gana. 2) Gana, Coleman 

Brighton h: 1) Corner, Zouma 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just looked at the goals scored for and against in our first eleven prem games last season. Only the short highlights so can't see whose at fault on the corners or letting crosses in too easy as I can't see everyone's positions but from I could I've broke down the players involved for the part/responsible.

Looking at the assist to the assist concept the other way, as in goals we've conceded due to a player being out of position or not making a tackle or giving the ball away too easy. There's only one winner, Gana. 

Corner, Everyone

Fulham h: 0 (although from memory and fully discussed on here Gana nearly cost us three!) 

Crystal Palace: h) 0 (although Coleman did give a pen away, well saved from Pickford) 

Do you not have a life? Who puts this crap into excel to try to prove a point to people who will never ever agree with you? 

Today i’ve gone from shock to pity. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Do you not have a life? Who puts this crap into excel to try to prove a point to people who will never ever agree with you? 

Today i’ve gone from shock to pity. 

You never rewatched highlights? Just took me an extra minute to make a note at who enabled the attack. Plus I enjoy analysing things. Maybe you'd agree if you give it a go. 

Only took me an hour and I rewatched all our goals, skipped the corners/crosses as you'd need more angles. If I had one of them skysports/bt gizmos I'd happily spend all day playing round on it though. Looking for gaps and thinking of solutions. 

51 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You never rewatched highlights? Just took me an extra minute to make a note at who enabled the attack. Plus I enjoy analysing things. Maybe you'd agree if you give it a go. 

Only took me an hour and I rewatched all our goals, skipped the corners/crosses as you'd need more angles. If I had one of them skysports/bt gizmos I'd happily spend all day playing round on it though. Looking for gaps and thinking of solutions. 

I spend hours of my life each day analysing at work, I like to enjoy football. Life in general really, if I spent extra time in my life looking at negatives I’d probably jump off a roof. 

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

Corner, Everyone

He played the third most matches by an outfield player in a position where I’d expect by interpretation he could be classed (by you) as being responsible. When it doesn’t suit you you write ‘corner everyone’  or ‘unsure’. I’m sure if Gana came off the line or let the cross in you wouldn’t be so unsure as it meets your agenda. Also how have you got a Gana/Schneiderlin? No one else has and / 😂

Your obsession is comical!

13 minutes ago, barryj said:

He played the third most matches by an outfield player in a position where I’d expect by interpretation he could be classed (by you) as being responsible. When it doesn’t suit you you write ‘corner everyone’  or ‘unsure’. I’m sure if Gana came off the line or let the cross in you wouldn’t be so unsure as it meets your agenda. Also how have you got a Gana/Schneiderlin? No one else has /!! 😂 

Your obsession is comical 

Only watched the 2-5 minute highlights so they don't show enough angles on the corners/crosses or how cheaply the corner/cross was given away. 

Gana/Schneiderlin goal is because they're both out of position. Either one holds position and we'd not have the space exploited.