IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Just logged in to register and it says sold out ! Will try again, and again and again

46 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Correction, you have to log in via the link in the email, Job done, now playing the waiting game.

I was going to say that can’t be right because you have until Friday just to enter. 

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

On BBC Merseyside 6 o’clock news they are reporting bribery and witness intimidation along with 5 others, local council say they are cooperating with police, but nothing else at the moment. Rumour is that it revolves around property deals, hopefully not Bramley Moor.

Fingers crossed but it would just be our luck.if it did 😔

Not sure what Bramley Moor has to do with Joe Anderson being arrested to be honest, the government themselves have a slogan of "build, build, build" and will be ecstatic that a company (Everton) are wanting to build a multi-million pound venue that can help the economy. I just don't get why the stadium would suddenly be in jeopardy, it's not as though Joe is in any way affiliated with the football club? 

Until there's some form of official mention of Bramley Moor I'm not sure why everyone seems to be panicking.

7 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

On BBC Merseyside 6 o’clock news they are reporting bribery and witness intimidation along with 5 others, local council say they are cooperating with police, but nothing else at the moment. Rumour is that it revolves around property deals, hopefully not Bramley Moor.

Not looked into it but it's common knowledge he lived in a red row home after letting them build on all the green areas in Liverpool. Also common knowledge he's at least a friend to a nonce and helped him escape prosecution.

For the life of me I don't know how he's major. No one I know supports him. Apparently Rotherham is even slimier.

12 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not sure what Bramley Moor has to do with Joe Anderson being arrested to be honest, the government themselves have a slogan of "build, build, build" and will be ecstatic that a company (Everton) are wanting to build a multi-million pound venue that can help the economy. I just don't get why the stadium would suddenly be in jeopardy, it's not as though Joe is in any way affiliated with the football club? 

Until there's some form of official mention of Bramley Moor I'm not sure why everyone seems to be panicking.

Only mentioned BM as Joe has been a big supporter of the development, hopefully it’s 2+2=5 

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Exactly. Unless we hear to the contrary this has absolutely nothing at all to do with Everton so should really be discussed elsewhere.

I agree when I first posted it I thought afterwards that I should have put it somewhere else, but never intended for Everton to be associated with what may or may not have happened, just that he is a hardened Evertonian. 
I think it would be a good idea if you could move it to a more appropriate thread mate. 

Well after today’s performance those of you who want to avoid trophies and Europe will hopefully be able to enjoy another season of mid-table nothingness because if we continue to play like that United will absolutely destroy us in the League Cup quarter final and we have absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near the European places

My only hope at this stage is that we don’t get dragged in to a relegation battle 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Well after today’s performance those of you who want to avoid trophies and Europe will hopefully be able to enjoy another season of mid-table nothingness because if we continue to play like that United will absolutely destroy us in the League Cup quarter final and we have absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near the European places

My only hope at this stage is that we don’t get dragged in to a relegation battle 

Oh not this relegation bullshit again :rofl: 

we will be a maximum of 7 points off 1st after this weekend. 

Hating my weekends recently. I get so optimistic before every match, only to have that inevitable fall after 90 minutes of frustration. I really shouldn’t get so eaten up about it at my age, but something o side doesn’t allow me to distance myself from the results of our club 🙁 

As a result, I end up an argumentative, egotistical, ass on a weekend. If I do offend anyone, or piss anyone off.... I really don't mean to, I’m more arguing with myself than anyone else. 
Sorry all, all I need is a win and I’ll be much more cheerful! 

Hoping my lad can win today and give me something to smile about.

Apologies for my miserableness!

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Hating my weekends recently. I get so optimistic before every match, only to have that inevitable fall after 90 minutes of frustration. I really shouldn’t get so eaten up about it at my age, but something o side doesn’t allow me to distance myself from the results of our club 🙁 

As a result, I end up an argumentative, egotistical, ass on a weekend. If I do offend anyone, or piss anyone off.... I really don't mean to, I’m more arguing with myself than anyone else. 
Sorry all, all I need is a win and I’ll be much more cheerful! 

Hoping my lad can win today and give me something to smile about.

Apologies for my miserableness!

Most of us feel that way I hope I know I do, I was going to say we are all guilty of that but guilty makes it wrong and it isn’t, we are frustrated because we care, so we sound off and argue with each other it’s good that TT gives us that avenue, I hope we understand each other’s frustration and as a family make allowances for grumbling of discontent after a game that doesn’t go as well as we’d liked. 
Anyway good luck to your boy and his team for today’s game, I’ve heard that the manager can be slightly unstable😉

14 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

And potentially  8 points off the bottom 3 with Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal and City to come in the next 5 games 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry Dunc, this same point and “argument” comes up every year when we hit a bad patch and we always get a run going again. As usual, I’ll be worried in February if things are still looking rough, until then we’re a few games and off first, not European places like in previous seasons. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Most of us feel that way I hope I know I do, I was going to say we are all guilty of that but guilty makes it wrong and it isn’t, we are frustrated because we care, so we sound off and argue with each other it’s good that TT gives us that avenue, I hope we understand each other’s frustration and as a family make allowances for grumbling of discontent after a game that doesn’t go as well as we’d liked. 
Anyway good luck to your boy and his team for today’s game, I’ve heard that the manager can be slightly unstable😉

Cheers mate. 
Won 4-1 and Lewis scored one, hit the post, had one cleared of the line, and was inches  away from scoring the goal of the season.. ball came to him at the half way line and I could see him running towards it, shouted take a touch and he ignored me and hit it first time. Everyone went silent as the ball sailed an inch over the bar. I looked a bit silly at that moment haha.

I hope we have something to be positive about before Christmas and can all start being a bit more positive mate.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Cheers mate. 
Won 4-1 and Lewis scored one, hit the post, had one cleared of the line, and was inches  away from scoring the goal of the season.. ball came to him at the half way line and I could see him running towards it, shouted take a touch and he ignored me and hit it first time. Everyone went silent as the ball sailed an inch over the bar. I looked a bit silly at that moment haha.

I hope we have something to be positive about before Christmas and can all start being a bit more positive mate.

Cracking result mate🙌

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry Dunc, this same point and “argument” comes up every year when we hit a bad patch and we always get a run going again. As usual, I’ll be worried in February if things are still looking rough, until then we’re a few games and off first, not European places like in previous seasons. 

That’s because we find ourselves in the same position every year. I do believe we are slowly improving in that we now have a decent staring XI but the past few weeks have proven once again that the minute we get a couple of injuries then we are right back to being a very poor side

Unless we bring in some decent reinforcements in January, and I don’t see that happening, then we will be nowhere near the European places this season