IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bit of a patronising article imo. I really hope we beat Liverpool, I don't care how, just beat them. Then the patronising will be a little less. 

I want to keep our progress under the radar, let the "Big Six" keep making the headlines, we can just keep improving and winning. 

From what I saw in the derby and read about yesterday, it seems our Achilles heel has been exposed; if we’re pressed we can’t play. Which is annoying because for all the games before the derby, that was our tactic; press high up. Don’t know what changed during the international break, but we seem to be sitting back a lot more. 

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

From what I saw in the derby and read about yesterday, it seems our Achilles heel has been exposed; if we’re pressed we can’t play. Which is annoying because for all the games before the derby, that was our tactic; press high up. Don’t know what changed during the international break, but we seem to be sitting back a lot more. 

Put it simply we were out ran and our midfield had no cohesion. 1 would press and 2 would sit. Godfrey was exposed all game with no help form James. The whole point of 4-3-3 is to win the middle of the park. Gylfi was a passenger, Allan had his worst game and Doucoure I felt, shouldn’t have been subbed.

We also lacked any form of leadership. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

it was a one off game, luck went their way and they magically played great, we became human and had a bad match.  even the best sides have bad matches, it's ok.  we were also missing players and their replacements didn't step up.  on to the next, we will be fine.

27 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it was a one off game, luck went their way and they magically played great, we became human and had a bad match.  even the best sides have bad matches, it's ok.  we were also missing players and their replacements didn't step up.  on to the next, we will be fine.

I hope so, we need to find that energy we had in the first 7 games again though. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I wouldn't say anything new has been exposed. We have shipped goals all season. We have given teams chances but the important thing is that we have been able to create chances. On another day Brighton, Palace and Liverpool could have all beaten us but we took our chances and they didn't take theirs. That was always going to change at some point. The difference yesterday was that Southampton shut down our attack. No Richarlison meant they could pay more attention to James and with no Coleman or Kenny they didn't have tow worry about the overlap. DCL is the same player he has been in that he isn't going to do something out of nothing and therefore if the balls aren't getting in the box then he isn't really a threat.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Put it simply we were out ran and our midfield had no cohesion. 1 would press and 2 would sit. Godfrey was exposed all game with no help form James. The whole point of 4-3-3 is to win the middle of the park. Gylfi was a passenger, Allan had his worst game and Doucoure I felt, shouldn’t have been subbed.

We also lacked any form of leadership. 

I think it was more the combination of their system v ours. It gives their wide men the space either side of Allan. Allan was scurrying everywhere to try and plug gaps but there was too many. He was hung out to dry in my opinion and I still don't understand why it took 50-60 minutes for a change in shape to give him more help. Doucoure was again trying to do what he could but was also just caught out by the transition of Southampton. Siggy had the same problem, however most of the time he wasn't trying.

The leadership needed to come from the touchline. The players aren't going to change the shape of the team themselves. It's a bit odd because if you were playing 11-a-side on a Sunday the defensive midfielder would have got one of the other midfielders just to sit in and help deal with that threat.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don't think Southampton were lucky. They fully deserved their win and beat us in every position on the park.

No luck from Southampton. Aren’t they undefeated in their last four games now?

We missed Coleman a lot on the right, he might be past his best but he’s still very influential, and Richarlison on the left. 

I hope to see Gomes back in for Gylfi next week. He’s had his game out for being not at the top of his game, and his replacement was worse. Needs to come back in. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wouldn’t read into this much mate. I’m from brisbane and this is just mental. Ipswich is a shocking area. I’d maybe see an appeal if we had an arrangement with Brisbane road but this really doesn’t say a lot.